Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #16
DLB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
You might want to consider taking the boat from the MK to Fort Wilderness Campground. You can pick up a bucket of Fried Chicken or Pizza from Trails End Restaurant and then go to the campfire sing along with Chip and Dale.

I second the idea of small gifts each day. The Disney store has some great small items.

Spend an evening on the boardwalk and take in the "street" performers. You can pick out a nice treat from the Candy store or the Boardwalk Bakery.

Not sure where you are staying, but many of the resorts have movie nights.

Go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge at dark and at the animal viewing area to the left of the pool, they loan you night vision goggles to look at the animals. It is really cool and free.

Go to Beaches and Cream and order a Kitchen Sink Ice Cream. I have yet to see a family finish one of those. I think they are around $25.00
Wonderful ideas!!! We love wondering the world showcase and enjoying the kidcot stations (some countries write your name in that language) Take a theme picture in each country or learn how to say a word in each language.

Hidden Mickeys and pin tradings were a big hit for us as well. Lots of fun while waiting in lines. It helps strike up converstations with cast members and other guests. We met so many wonderful people while pin trading!! Hidden Mickeys kept the kids busy while waiting for rides and/or meals.

Enjoy taking your time enjoying all that disney has to offer!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #17
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Love all these ideas!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

I always do the dollar store and gets treats. Last year I found light-up crowns with boa feathers (so pretty). On top of lots of neat little treats, I also get the decal/gels and decorate the room (I generally stick to the mirrors). I wait till everyone leaves and I sneak in and decorate. The kids love it! Last year I found beautiful princess stickers (the kind that don't leave marks and come right off), cars and sponge bob (we did universal too).
Gipperland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Disney Sheri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi cass'mom
I just posted my Epcot Candy Hunt Booklet last week.

here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910434

maybe the girls would be interested in doing it.
Have Fun Planning!
Hugs Mel
Thank you for sharing! I will! I hope you enjoy your planning

Sheri
Disney Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
cass'mom
So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?

Thanks so much everyone! All of the ideas are wonderful and I can't wait to implement some of them. So creative!!

Hi Chellymouse! Very close neighbors! Thanks for your ideas. Have you done the balloon at DTD? That seems interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi cass'mom
I just posted my Epcot Candy Hunt Booklet last week.

here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910434

maybe the girls would be interested in doing it.
Have Fun Planning!
Hugs Mel
WOW! That is so creative!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I think I may just print that up and bring it along as it's so different! You have wonderful DISigns! I think I used your countdown chain! My girls loved it!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #21
krd315
Mouseketeer

we did the pirate league empress pkg for $29 each with our granddtrs who are 6 & 8. they got a pirate name, makeup done, nails painted, jewel, tattoo, sword, bandana and got to bring home the nail polish. they loved it and I thought it was a great value.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
krd315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Perhaps a boat ride around the EPCOT resorts to Disney Studio's and back...Free, and in the evenings, perhaps take in the venues at the Boardwalk.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
daraddg
DIS Veteran

Last time we went down I made a point at each park to sneak away for a minute and by a pin from that park for their lanyard (to fill out the whole week I also got a couple pins at an outlet with their favorite characters) I would then slip it under their pillow when they were asleep.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

My dd loved doing the pressed pennies. I had the fliptop MM/Mentos containers and put in a penny for every 2 quarters and got her a tinkerbell pressed penny book. She has most of the princess outfits, so instead of BBB I took her to Harmony Barbershop on Mainstreet and they did her hair with pixie dust for less than $20.00. It was VERY cute!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #25
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay
You might want to consider taking the boat from the MK to Fort Wilderness Campground. You can pick up a bucket of Fried Chicken or Pizza from Trails End Restaurant and then go to the campfire sing along with Chip and Dale.

I second the idea of small gifts each day. The Disney store has some great small items.

Spend an evening on the boardwalk and take in the "street" performers. You can pick out a nice treat from the Candy store or the Boardwalk Bakery.

Not sure where you are staying, but many of the resorts have movie nights.

Go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge at dark and at the animal viewing area to the left of the pool, they loan you night vision goggles to look at the animals. It is really cool and free.

Go to Beaches and Cream and order a Kitchen Sink Ice Cream. I have yet to see a family finish one of those. I think they are around $25.00

Can anyone do the animal viewing at AKL or do you have to be a guest there?

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
cara76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
Jana810
Earning My Ears

Anybody can go to AKL & view the animals. They feed the pelicans around 4pm if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jana810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #27
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
WE did!! poor nephew had sugar shakes badly
Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

I sprinkled glitter on my daughter's pillow every night while she was sleeping. Every morning she was jumping up and down so excited that Tinkerbell flew around our room at night spreading pixie dust.

We also left a piece of cheese for Mickey every night. Then he would leave her a present in the morning. (All things that I bought ahead at Disney store etc...) That saved me a lot of money at the souvenir stores. When we would go through there she would see something and I would say, "Oh maybe Mickey will bring it tonight."
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #29
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

If you are at DTD, at Goofy's candy shop they can create their own candy treat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: