Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #1561
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I've been lurking the last few updates but I LOVED this report and i can't wait to read your next one! So glad you actually got your Mickey Mail in a timely fashion this time around! Can't wait for the next report!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #1562
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Hooray for Mickey mail, especially the ME tags!!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #1563
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Hello. My name is Amy, and I...am a lurker. Just had to chime in first of all to say that I really enjoy your trip reports. They are so well written and you have a wonderful sense of humor. Second of all, congrats on your engagement! That is happy news, INDEED! Lastly, my husband and I were at Epcot exactly one week ago and I am very pleased to tell you that the Boulangerie/Patisserie was open and yes...I had a Napoleon. It was a first for me and it was delish!

P.S. I look forward to more updates!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #1565
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
HOORAY for Mickey mail!!! I love the new holographic Mickey tags. Too cute.
Unfortunately I didn't visit the Patisserie last week. I had so many good meals that I was always too full for a snack!
The holograms are cute! Hahaha that happened to me last time - I'm DETERMINED to have more snacks this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Yay for Mickey mail coming on time!! Those tags are pretty sweet aren't they?

If I remember to look today while we are at Epcot today I will post here! Napoleon availability is crucial!!!
Hahaha it was good to see them on time!!

Awww you're so sweet to offer to do Dis errands during your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I will check on the bakery progress and your question about the French historical figure who is now more famous as the dessert than for anything historical in just a few days!

Christmas shopping in Disney World is much fun for the giver and the getter.
Awww thank you for offering to check!!!

It really is! I love shopping for people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So glad your Mickey mail arrived ahead of schedule (for you anyway....). Those luggage tags are cute. I guess we lowly DVC members don't score those. Boo!
Hahaha yes, ahead of schedule is a relative term for us! Awwww I'm sorry DVC members don't get them! You totally should!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #1566
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
The luggage tags are so cute. I agree with MEK, wish they would send those with DVC reservations.

I am interested in the bakery status too. I had heard they would be open during construction but then I saw some site had it on the refurb/closed list.
That stinks that DVC doesn't get the tags!

I heard mixed answers too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Ooooohhhh...I'm coveting your holographic Mickey tags! Yay for getting them early! Holiday shopping at Disney = fun for the giver AND the getter!
They are cute!

Hahaha yes, agreed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yeah for Mickey Mail!! We don't have a package so I only received the ME booklet and yellow tags (which I don't need because of our hideously late flights) Someone on our October Facebook group though had a bunch extras and sent me some of the new luggage tags!!

I do believe the French Bakery is still open. I saw someone post about something they got there! (Can't remember what it was but they had it just 2 days ago!!)
Awww that was nice of them to send you the tags! I wonder if you can request them if you don't have a package?

Oooh okay, that's good to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Love Mickey Mail! Packaging them together makes sense, but I always enjoyed getting two things in the mail!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I know what you mean about getting 2 things, twice as fun, but this was a much more preferred method than waiting around last time!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #1567
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Yay for you luggage tags arriving well in advance this time!! I offer this humble luggage tag dance in honor of those tags arriving timely!!!

It's great that Disney synched up the luggage tags with the travel docs. No more worries if you will receive one but not the other.

Happy list making Sara!
Hahaha thank you!!

It really was a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's pretty great that you got a timely Mickey Mail arrival! Such a different experience for you.

A little jealous of those holographic tags, I'm not gonna lie.

Oh that is an important question, because Napoleon availability is very important. Sadly, I can't answer that since I haven't been more recently.
LOL I know, right?

They are cute!! I wonder if you can just ask Disney to send you some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yay! Glad you don't have to worry about that this time.

Also, I believe the Boulangerie is staying open during construction, because as far as I know, it was already under construction when I was there.
I have enough to think about for this trip, I'll admit, without throwing luggage tags into the mix!

Okay, thanks for the update!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, glad you got your Mickey Mail on time for this trip! I have no idea if the French bakery is open, I hope you can get your beloved Napolean! I really need to try something from there someday!
You really do need to try something from there!!! I can definitely vouch for the Napoleon!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #1568
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I'm sorry I've been lurking the last few updates but I LOVED this report and i can't wait to read your next one! So glad you actually got your Mickey Mail in a timely fashion this time around! Can't wait for the next report!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hooray for Mickey mail, especially the ME tags!!
Haha I'm always happy to see them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
Hello. My name is Amy, and I...am a lurker. Just had to chime in first of all to say that I really enjoy your trip reports. They are so well written and you have a wonderful sense of humor. Second of all, congrats on your engagement! That is happy news, INDEED! Lastly, my husband and I were at Epcot exactly one week ago and I am very pleased to tell you that the Boulangerie/Patisserie was open and yes...I had a Napoleon. It was a first for me and it was delish!

P.S. I look forward to more updates!
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Thank you!!!

YAY!!!!!! I am very happy to hear that!! (And not just because of your excellent pastry choice! I'm glad you enjoyed it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY for Mickey mail !! We got some the other day telling us we need to renew our AP's. Time is ticking !!
Yay for Mickey Mail for you as well!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #1569
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Just saw a post from someone there in the last week who got something from the bakery in France... hoping that is a good sign!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #1570
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement...

Hi and I guess I'm saying bye to at the same time since I guess

you'll be starting a new TR for your October trip?

I'm nursing a nasty cold and stayed home from a multigenerational family dinner and I decided to read a new TR and being ambitious I chose on yours... (love the title and Big Phineas and Ferb fan...

At first I was going to read everypage-I like all the back and forth banter in addition to the trip report...and I got to page 10 and I decided if I didn't want to be reading for a couple days... I should use your well and kindly provided links...

(I am glad I read the first 10 pages straight because it reminded me that I have a season of Community to catch up on--- so that's going on my Netflix list...

anyhow I really enjoyed your TR and lots happened so lets see what I got...

-I miss Jeremy Irons voice in Spaceship Earth too...

-AKL is a really nice place to stay (from experience) it's incredibly relaxing and kind of romantic-you should stay there sometime...

-The Crystal Palace is so pretty (from photos) sadly I've never eaten there... strangely the size of that Piglet freaks me out a little...I'm weird I know

-Loved all your great HM pictures... I haven't been on it since all the new queuing ... can't wait to go on it... favorite ride at MK

-TSM-I like it but I don't understand the "I'm willing to run over every man, woman and child I need to get to it" madness... It's a cute ride... but not worth the fuss it creates...

-Am I the only one who has never gotten the Cowboy side of the GMR? I'm going ask next time...

-Loved your review of Citricos... never been have to get there now...

-Haven't done FOTLK in forever ... have to go back...

-I need one of those carrot cake cookies...

-Bistro de Paris...looked awesome... food looks much more elegant than Chefs de France...

-That was a really cute idea about having the Princesses at Akerhus

-Liked your Margarita photos... Need one of those...

-I completely agree with you on the Poly- it is a lovely, lovely resort... when we stayed there I felt the same way though ... It wasn't "me" it wasn't my Disney "home"...

-Yummy breakfasts at Kona though...

-Artists Point review also excellent...

-Glad you got your Beaker hat...

-I hope Kouzzina is good when we go at the end of November... I had read really good stuff about it...

-Your engagement ring is absolutely lovely...Love that 1920s style...

WOW an engagement, a Disney Wedding and a Disneymoon ...

Now that's a lot of celebrating....

I'll bet your Wedding and Disneymoon Reports will be fabulous...

Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #1571
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Sure...when I decide to hiatus from the Dis, Wingnut decides to propose. J/k! Congrats to you both! I'm sure you guys will have an absolutely AMAZING time, and I can't wait to read ALL about it!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #1572
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Just saw a post from someone there in the last week who got something from the bakery in France... hoping that is a good sign!
I am loving all of these encouraging reportsÖthanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Congratulations on your engagement...

Hi and I guess I'm saying bye to at the same time since I guess

you'll be starting a new TR for your October trip?

I'm nursing a nasty cold and stayed home from a multigenerational family dinner and I decided to read a new TR and being ambitious I chose on yours... (love the title and Big Phineas and Ferb fan...

At first I was going to read everypage-I like all the back and forth banter in addition to the trip report...and I got to page 10 and I decided if I didn't want to be reading for a couple days... I should use your well and kindly provided links...

(I am glad I read the first 10 pages straight because it reminded me that I have a season of Community to catch up on--- so that's going on my Netflix list...

anyhow I really enjoyed your TR and lots happened so lets see what I got...
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!

Thank you!! Yes, there will be a new TR after this upcoming trip, of course!

I hope youíre feeling better soon!! Yes, we LOVE Community, but Iíve never seen it on our Netflix! I just got the latest season for DF on DVD for his birthday.

Quote:
-I miss Jeremy Irons voice in Spaceship Earth too...

-AKL is a really nice place to stay (from experience) it's incredibly relaxing and kind of romantic-you should stay there sometime...
It was just SO classic with Jeremy Irons!

It really does seem like such a wonderful place to stay! We did very briefly consider it for our upcoming trip, itís just too far from everything for us!

Quote:
-The Crystal Palace is so pretty (from photos) sadly I've never eaten there... strangely the size of that Piglet freaks me out a little...I'm weird I know

-Loved all your great HM pictures... I haven't been on it since all the new queuing ... can't wait to go on it... favorite ride at MK

-TSM-I like it but I don't understand the "I'm willing to run over every man, woman and child I need to get to it" madness... It's a cute ride... but not worth the fuss it creates...

-Am I the only one who has never gotten the Cowboy side of the GMR? I'm going ask next time...
It is a really pretty restaurant, it has a cool greenhouse-ish feel.

The new queue is AWESOME, you have to check it out!! The new features they added are really clever!

I just donít get the fuss!! Itís just an arcade game with some spinning. Canít you accomplish pretty much the same thing at home with a video game and a rolling chair?

We had never gotten it until I had asked either! It seems to only run during busier times of the day.

Quote:
-Loved your review of Citricos... never been have to get there now...

-Haven't done FOTLK in forever ... have to go back...

-I need one of those carrot cake cookies...

-Bistro de Paris...looked awesome... food looks much more elegant than Chefs de France...

-That was a really cute idea about having the Princesses at Akerhus

-Liked your Margarita photos... Need one of those...
Citricos was really good! Iíd definitely recommend going there!

Is it true that FOTLK is going away soon??? That would be a shame if it did! Itís such a fantastic show!

It was a really elegant restaurant Ė Iím not sure what the refurbishment will bring though! I still think about that wonderful buttery soup...haha.

Yeah, it was good for us to go in there with some sort of extra ďreasonĒ! There were adults there, and I know itís not just for kids, but the number of parties with children DEFINITELY outnumbered us!

I cannot WAIT for another margarita!!

Quote:
-I completely agree with you on the Poly- it is a lovely, lovely resort... when we stayed there I felt the same way though ... It wasn't "me" it wasn't my Disney "home"...

-Yummy breakfasts at Kona though...

-Artists Point review also excellent...

-Glad you got your Beaker hat...

-I hope Kouzzina is good when we go at the end of November... I had read really good stuff about it...
Iím glad that we werenít the only ones to feel this way. It really is a beautiful resort, but just not for us! Kona does have awesome breakfasts though!!

We LOVED Artist Point! The restaurant is gorgeous, and the food was really good!

Hahaha so was I! Too bad itíll be too warm to bring it on this trip!

Are you going for breakfast or dinner? Weíve had good experiences with both there!

Quote:
-Your engagement ring is absolutely lovely...Love that 1920s style...

WOW an engagement, a Disney Wedding and a Disneymoon ...

Now that's a lot of celebrating....

I'll bet your Wedding and Disneymoon Reports will be fabulous...

Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Sure...when I decide to hiatus from the Dis, Wingnut decides to propose. J/k! Congrats to you both! I'm sure you guys will have an absolutely AMAZING time, and I can't wait to read ALL about it!!
Hahahaha thank you!!! Welcome back!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #1573
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Our trip is getting closer..and closer..

With our trip now officially rapidly approaching, the wedding-related notes that Iíve been taking are quickly piling up. Things to remember to do and note down and ask, all on sticky notes of various sizes and locations. (I should probably compile these before we go, right?)

We did have a day of number-crunching Disney math relating to our trip a few days ago!

With the wedding, we also get Annual Passes from Disney. Which I knew about, but for some reason, thought that you didnít get them until the wedding. Turns out that you are able to get them earlier in the process than I had thought, which meant that we could start using them during our planning trip.

Hence, the flurry of Disney math, attempting to figure out what the best ticket route would be for us. We eventually landed on switching to 2-day base tickets to be able to keep the free dining promotion, and then activating the APís for the rest of the trip. This saved us a bit of money (yay!), AND we are now able to use get one of those magical mystical TIW cards that Iíve heard so much about! (Any hints or tips on these would be VERY appreciated!)

Iíve been getting excited for all of the fun Disney treats we want to try this time around, cupcakes and Napoleons and F&W treats (oh my!). For now, I have a snack that one of my coworkers brought back from her recent WDW trip for me:

(I didnít take a picture once unwrapped - clearly, I am out of Dis food reporting practice! - but itís breakable into 3 separate squares, a Mickey on each. )

The other day I realized that we may want to actually have SOMEWHAT of an idea of where things (read: beignets) are at POFQ, so I took a glance at a map, which was MUCH less intimidating than the one of the Polynesian. Iíve read that the resort is fairly small, and this seems to be true, only a few buildings that appear to be clustered in relatively close proximity to each other. Because of this, I donít think that thereís going to be much in terms of a room request that Iíll make (although I still will do online check-in because I dislike lines and it gives me a good excuse to click around the Disney site), unless any of you POFQ fans have a suggestion!

Also, Iím beginning to feel like Jen (Nermel) with her Le Cellier ADRísÖI just made a second ADR at Crystal Palace! When I made it, I pretty much had no intention of keeping the other one, but now Iím not so sure. Twice the Puffed French Toast does sound pretty tempting, but if we keep both, then we would pass up a breakfast at Boma, which we also love. And we would be going to Crystal Palace for breakfast literally 2 days in a row. Decisions, decisionsÖ
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #1574
MEK
DIS Veteran

I do not remember the actual building numbers at POFQ but Denny and I stayed one night in a corner room on the top floor of a building overlooking the river. It would have been the farthest building from POR. I absolutely LOVED this view of the river and because the resort is so small, it took very little time to walk anywhere. The only bad thing was we were only staying one night.

I am a big fan of CP breakfast, so no complaints here on back to back ADRs.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #1575
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh - if you have free dining for this trip then why don't you wait to get TIW. You can start it anytime with your AP and its good for a year whether your AP is still active or not. I guess it all depends on how your trips stack up for the next year.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: