Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
3-MER
Wayne

Bahamas Segway Tour

Has anyone done one of the Segway tours in Nassau? They are not associated with the ship, but we are are considering trying it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
outahere

Just so you know..... a couple of years ago a Segway tour group was attacked and robbed in Nassau. The group included people from several ships in port that day, and DCL immediately canceled all future Segway tours there (we were supposed to be on one of them).

I'm not sure if the situation has improved, but I don't think DCL has offered that excursion since that incident.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

There are 2 groups doing Segway tours on Nassau (or at least there used to be; I don't know what the current situation is). I did one just prior to the robberies. I don't recall the company's name (I'm going to see if I can find something, but we arranged it through the RCCL ship). But it was the company that was not involved in the incident. I really, really enjoyed the tour (we spent a while learning how to ride the Segways, then went to Fort Charlotte and an old botanical garden). Unfortunately, one member of our trip fell off her Segway and badly injured her ankle, and had to be hospitalized in Nassau. So I'm really torn about recommending this tour. I really loved it, but it seems like there are a lot of risks involved. Even the tour I was on went through an old, gorgeous, but abandoned botanical garden that the company had gotten the government's permission to use. The thought that there could have been an ambush there never entered my mind. So sad.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: