Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Crowd Level due to Fantasyland

We are booked from November 27 - December 1.

I am really concerned that the crowd level is abnormally high due to some openings in Fantasyland, namely Be Our Guest restaurant. I've called for dining reservations since we booked our reservation which was over a month ago and still no openings. Now, this wouldn't normally concern me but we couldn't even get reservations for Cindy's Royal Table. I've never had this problem in the past so I'm wondering if the Free Dining Plan has done this or maybe BOG opening up or even a combination of the two????? We are about to cancel our reservation due to dining issues. Anyone know if the crowd level is over the top during this time frame??? Just don't want to be too hasty in cancelling. We haven't been to disney in five years and this was going to probably be our last trip so I'm really not wanting to cancel but if I can't get dining reservations then what's the point of the free dining plan? Please help me out.
BippityBoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoppity View Post
We are booked from November 27 - December 1.

I am really concerned that the crowd level is abnormally high due to some openings in Fantasyland,
Me, too. Personally, I'm all doom-n-gloom about the crowds this holiday season. They couldn't wait a month...?

The stockholder in me loves it, but the WDW lover in me hates it. I mean, love the expansion, hate the crowds...

You know what I mean, right?

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
raydurz
Mouseketeer

Are you trying to go to MK on the 1st? That's a taping day for the Christmas Parade, so it should be pretty busy. I just looked and according to Easy WDW's crowd calander the 29th and the 30th are also taping days for the Christmas Parade.

If I'm correct the Fantasy Land Expansion doesn't officially open till the 6th (that's when I expect it to be a madhouse), though I suppose parts of it will be open before then, including Be Our Guest. Are you able to get reservations for the 27th or 28th?
Old 10-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Be Our Guest has been booked solid ever since the morning reservations opened for that time period. Those of us who sat on the line from 7am and still missed out on getting a spot were offered any spaces that happened to be free at Cinderella's Royal Table. So I'm pretty sure that restaurant booked up solid on the same day BOG did.

I'll be eating at CRT with my husband on December 2nd!

You will probably still be able to get dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and places like that, though.

I wouldn't recommend cancelling the whole trip just over not being able to eat at BOG or CRT. Especially if it's your likely last trip, and the first in five years. Disney World has plenty of other wonderful restaurants, especially in EPCOT.

Just be sure to get to the parks early, have a plan, and follow the best-park-to-visit recommendations at easywdw.com. Even if it's busy, you'll still have a wonderful time.

P.S. My plan for BOG involves finding out when they open for the lunch time counter service and popping my head in right then for a snack and a look around the place. They're only table service for dinner (which is another reason they booked up so fast).
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydurz View Post
Are you trying to go to MK on the 1st? That's a taping day for the Christmas Parade, so it should be pretty busy. I just looked and according to Easy WDW's crowd calander the 29th and the 30th are also taping days for the Christmas Parade.

If I'm correct the Fantasy Land Expansion doesn't officially open till the 6th (that's when I expect it to be a madhouse), though I suppose parts of it will be open before then, including Be Our Guest. Are you able to get reservations for the 27th or 28th?

No, none. We will be at MK on Nov 27 & 28th and nothing. I even thought I would just alter our whole schedule just to accommodate a BOG reservation but nothing that whole week we are there.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Be Our Guest has been booked solid ever since the morning reservations opened for that time period. Those of us who sat on the line from 7am and still missed out on getting a spot were offered any spaces that happened to be free at Cinderella's Royal Table. So I'm pretty sure that restaurant booked up solid on the same day BOG did.

I'll be eating at CRT with my husband on December 2nd!

You will probably still be able to get dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and places like that, though.

I wouldn't recommend cancelling the whole trip just over not being able to eat at BOG or CRT. Especially if it's your likely last trip, and the first in five years. Disney World has plenty of other wonderful restaurants, especially in EPCOT.

Just be sure to get to the parks early, have a plan, and follow the best-park-to-visit recommendations at easywdw.com. Even if it's busy, you'll still have a wonderful time.

P.S. My plan for BOG involves finding out when they open for the lunch time counter service and popping my head in right then for a snack and a look around the place. They're only table service for dinner (which is another reason they booked up so fast).

Yes, I am using the calendar from easywdw.com and that's pretty much how we will be planning this trip. We were thinking the same as you on popping in around lunch time and maybe checking the wait time and if that doesn't work grab a snack and hope to look around. Just would like to get to sit and enjoy the ambiance.

You are absolutely right. No reservations to CRT. Didn't even think about it being due to BOG filling up. But, we don't have the usual 180 days to book dining since we just booked the trip end of August.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoppity View Post
No, none. We will be at MK on Nov 27 & 28th and nothing. I even thought I would just alter our whole schedule just to accommodate a BOG reservation but nothing that whole week we are there.
My understanding is BOG booked up for at least 3 months the day the ressies became available. You are going during the soft opening if the restaurant so if course there's no availability. I certainly wouldn't cancel my trip over not being able to get a ressie there. I don't think anyone on here has indicated crowds are thought to be worse than usual that week, just no BOG ressies. You can always go for lunch!!! And there's tons of other restaurants to get ressies at, but you better get to booking because some people (like me) made ressies 180 days out, so things will be more and more picked over the closer it gets.

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
ktlm
DIS Veteran

We've gone that week the last 3 years. The fact that it is a free dining week makes it really hard to get ADRs if you aren't booking them 6 months out. I've tried to switch around ADRs in the couple of months before our trips, and even some of the easier ones involve getting online multiple times a day every day for weeks to try to get. The restaurants will be packed, but the parks won't be that bad. A couple of years ago, even booking the minute the reservations opened up, I could only get CRT one day on our entire trip, so I had to shuffle things around. People do cancel as things get closer though, so just book something and keep getting on line to try and find what you want and switch them out. Don't plan on walk ups while you are there. It is possible and it does happen ( we saw a guy walk up to CRT at opening and when they told him they could get his family in right then, he turned it down and said that they didn't want to eat for another 30 minutes ), but we have seen a ton of people turned away from restaurants during our trip.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: