Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #1381
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

sorry about your aunts. Huge hugs to you

Great update. Love the Jesus doll and castle photo. I hope he enjoyed the trip can't wait to read more about it
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #1382
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

I am really sorry about your aunt. When my dad died, we warned the preacher that he did not want a sermon at his funeral, and that if someone started preaching over him he would rise up out of his casket and smite him!! You just have to remember the happy times with the person, but that is tough.

Your photopass pictures were some of the best I have seen of y'all. Even John was smiling! It is so great to have those reminders. And I love the pictures with Jesus. Reminds me of the flat Stanley projects that I have helped some of my grandchildren with, but with a lot more significance. I am very glad Jesus made it to the Magic Kingdom!

I am looking forward to hearing that Mama's surgery went well, and she can see much better now. I have to go check on mine soon - I definitely can't see as well as I used to so I know my cataract is growing.

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #1383
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I hope that ya'll's weekend is off to a good start.

Mama had her surgery yesterday and everything went really well. We arrived at 10:00 and didn't get home until 4:00. Most of that time was spent waiting and waiting and waiting. Thank goodness I brought along the 2013 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Oh and there was a comedy marathon on television....Walker Texas Ranger. Poor Chuck Norris. He may be able to kick some booty but an actor he's not.

Mama has some bright red marks on the lids of her eyes and on the corners. The incisions are in her forehead and then in the creases of her eyelids. They told us that she could have some swelling and black eyes. So far, there's hardly any bruising and just a tiny bit of swelling.

I asked her if she needed me to stay with her last night and she refused (guess I know where I get my stubborness ) and said that she would call if she needed me. We live next door so it would have taken me a mere 30 seconds to walk over should she need anything. She was up and around this morning and walked over to see what we were doing this morning. We told her that she's a pretty tough old broad!

Hunter is in Junior Civitans and has volunteered to work the Celticfest today at our local park and then he intends to spend some time enjoying the music and activities with some of her friends.

John and I are still working on the house. John's almost finished up putting the stain on the cedar and I'm going to be staining and putting polyurethane on the outside doors. Once those things are done, the only things left to do on the house is put sealer on the logs on the end of the house and put a coat of stain on the ceiling of the garage. It seems like it's taking forever to get it all done but John and I are perfectionist and we are doing it all with a paintbrush and are making sure that every single inch of the house is done and done correctly. No drips, no spots that need touching up, etc.

Oh well, I need to get off of the computer and go see if John has the doors sanded and ready for me to stain. I also have to take Hunter to the park to do his volunteer work.

TTFN!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #1384
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for Tough Old Broads! I wish to grow up and be one.

Seriously - it's great that Mama's surgery went well and there is little swelling.

As I hear more about the house, the less I want a log cabin. Too Much Work.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #1385
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

All caught up again! Been super busy babysitting my grandson, taking a camping trip with the girlfriends to Lancaster, PA, and planning my December Disney trip! My gosh, I'm exhausted watching a not quite four month old! Forgot how time-consuming it is, but so worth it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunts' passing. I, too, feel exactly the same way about funerals. A very dear friend of the family passed away last week, suddenly, at the age of 54, from a massive heart attack. His viewing was two days ago. It was so heartbreaking for his family & friends. I've told my family many times, and reiterated again, after my friend, Kevin's service, that I want to be cremated, and then some of me taken to WDW, and sprinkled around, particularly Epcot and Animal Kingdom, LOL! No one has to know!

Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, too! Love looking at your photos, and your Photopass ones are exceptional. I can imagine how happy you were when Lacey & Jesse were able to join you. Love the Jesus doll! Made me smile to see him at the MK!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1386
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa!! Yay for your mama being a tough broad!!! I hope I will be that tough at that age!! Hopefully it's in my genes, because my grandmom is 85 & going strong!!! Walks everywhere in town, etc. And you would never know by looking at her that she was 85!! The looking young gene I definitely got because I am 32 but look like I'm 20!!! Lol!

Old 10-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #1387
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay for Mama's surgery going well and that is recuperating just fine.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Have fun finishing up the house, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end to have it done right, so you don't have issues down the road.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #1389
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Mama's surgery went well.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #1390
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I cried going into the Magic Kingdom because I didn't think that our trip would happen and I cried leaving MK on our last night because I don't know when we'll be able to go back. Actually I cry every time we leave MK on our last night!

I love the photopass of the 5 of you together! Maybe you can start a new tradition of you all getting that shot each year as the family grows

Well I have to say I think that's the first time I've seen Jesus on Main Street!

I'm glad to hear mama made it through the surgery with no problems that's great!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures with Jesse
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #1391
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I can't believe that Lacey and Jesse have been married almost a year. Time really does go by fast. I am anxious to see if Jesse enjoyed himself and is wanting to go back. But then again, he was with y'all, so how could he not want to go back?

I am sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. It is so hard even if you know it is coming. I agree with you about funerals. I can't stand them and I don't want them. I want my organs donated and then cremated. I would rather my family spend the money on a trip to Disney in my memory and celebrate the memories we made there.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #1392
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I was so far behind...I was still on the Dream! I'm sorry to hear your experience was less than magical. That Guest Services person who refused to help you had me with my jaw on the floor! Unreal!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

HILARIOUS! I love it!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about Jesse's reaction to it all!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #1393
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
sorry about your aunts. Huge hugs to you

Great update. Love the Jesus doll and castle photo. I hope he enjoyed the trip can't wait to read more about it
Thank you! The Jesus doll has gone all over the place with Jesse and he was excited to have his picture taken with the castle in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
I am really sorry about your aunt. When my dad died, we warned the preacher that he did not want a sermon at his funeral, and that if someone started preaching over him he would rise up out of his casket and smite him!! You just have to remember the happy times with the person, but that is tough.

Your photopass pictures were some of the best I have seen of y'all. Even John was smiling! It is so great to have those reminders. And I love the pictures with Jesus. Reminds me of the flat Stanley projects that I have helped some of my grandchildren with, but with a lot more significance. I am very glad Jesus made it to the Magic Kingdom!

I am looking forward to hearing that Mama's surgery went well, and she can see much better now. I have to go check on mine soon - I definitely can't see as well as I used to so I know my cataract is growing.
I know that pastor's are supposed to let everyone know that if they don't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior that they will not go to Heaven but I don't know that a funeral is the place to say those things. I love what your Dad said.

It's funny that you mentioned John smiling in the Photopass pictures. He hates to smile "big" but he was in these pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Hurray for Tough Old Broads! I wish to grow up and be one.

Seriously - it's great that Mama's surgery went well and there is little swelling.

As I hear more about the house, the less I want a log cabin. Too Much Work.
Mama is definitely a tough lady!

Actually, the log house doesn't require much maintenance. It's been 7 years or so since we last put the sealer on the logs. And, we are very particular/picky so we are going over every square inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
All caught up again! Been super busy babysitting my grandson, taking a camping trip with the girlfriends to Lancaster, PA, and planning my December Disney trip! My gosh, I'm exhausted watching a not quite four month old! Forgot how time-consuming it is, but so worth it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunts' passing. I, too, feel exactly the same way about funerals. A very dear friend of the family passed away last week, suddenly, at the age of 54, from a massive heart attack. His viewing was two days ago. It was so heartbreaking for his family & friends. I've told my family many times, and reiterated again, after my friend, Kevin's service, that I want to be cremated, and then some of me taken to WDW, and sprinkled around, particularly Epcot and Animal Kingdom, LOL! No one has to know!

Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well, too! Love looking at your photos, and your Photopass ones are exceptional. I can imagine how happy you were when Lacey & Jesse were able to join you. Love the Jesus doll! Made me smile to see him at the MK!
I can think of nothing better than taking care of grandbabies, camping and trip planning!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. It's tough losing someone so dear to you.

I couldn't resist putting the 1st trip border around Jesus' picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa!! Yay for your mama being a tough broad!!! I hope I will be that tough at that age!! Hopefully it's in my genes, because my grandmom is 85 & going strong!!! Walks everywhere in town, etc. And you would never know by looking at her that she was 85!! The looking young gene I definitely got because I am 32 but look like I'm 20!!! Lol!
I hope I'm that tough when I'm her age too! I didn't really start showing my age until I was hit with Bell's Palsy. Then the wrinkles and sags started setting in because I can't control my muscles on one side. Oh well, I'd rather have Bell's Palsy than not be here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yay for Mama's surgery going well and that is recuperating just fine.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Have fun finishing up the house, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end to have it done right, so you don't have issues down the road.
It was a very busy weekend! We are getting closer and closer to being finished with the house every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
So glad surgery went so well, wonderful news
Thank you!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #1394
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm glad Mama's surgery went well.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I cried going into the Magic Kingdom because I didn't think that our trip would happen and I cried leaving MK on our last night because I don't know when we'll be able to go back. Actually I cry every time we leave MK on our last night!

I love the photopass of the 5 of you together! Maybe you can start a new tradition of you all getting that shot each year as the family grows

Well I have to say I think that's the first time I've seen Jesus on Main Street!

I'm glad to hear mama made it through the surgery with no problems that's great!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures with Jesse
Aren't we a weepy bunch of folks!?! Seriously, I am with you on the crying. The castle always brings tears to my eyes.

Jesus was super happy to be on Main Street! We had some looks given to us but we didn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I can't believe that Lacey and Jesse have been married almost a year. Time really does go by fast. I am anxious to see if Jesse enjoyed himself and is wanting to go back. But then again, he was with y'all, so how could he not want to go back?

I am sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. It is so hard even if you know it is coming. I agree with you about funerals. I can't stand them and I don't want them. I want my organs donated and then cremated. I would rather my family spend the money on a trip to Disney in my memory and celebrate the memories we made there.
Can you believe that time has gone by so fast? I certainly can't.

Jesse is busting at the seams to get back to Walt Disney World.

You and I think alike....I don't want my family to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a funeral just because society says that's the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was so far behind...I was still on the Dream! I'm sorry to hear your experience was less than magical. That Guest Services person who refused to help you had me with my jaw on the floor! Unreal!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss as well.

HILARIOUS! I love it!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about Jesse's reaction to it all!
I am anxioius to hear about your cruise experience! Will you be doing a trip report?

I was floored when the castmember at Guest Services was so rude. I'm surprised that I didn't say something to her but I guess I was too upset about how the evening had gone down.

Thank you for the sympathies for my aunt's passing.

Isn't the pictures of Jesus great!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #1395
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey! I think that I finally got all the replies done. The boss is back in town and is in one heck of a foul mood. Don't know why and I'm not so sure I'll ask. It's better to just leave him alone when he's like this. I am sure that the day will be busy since he's playing catch up from being gone a week. I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'll get an installment written during his one appointment today.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: