Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Talking Snoozin while Crusin - An adult perspective

Not a trip report only random thoughts by two empty nesters:

Before this cruise, we had only cruised the Magic and Wonder. Our only exposure to complete surrender to sleeping in public was Deck 4 on those wonderful blue loungers. We succumbed right away to this location on our Fantasy 9/22/2012 Eastern cruise. Little did we know we were about to find more options. We purchased a one-day Rain Forest Pass on line before we left. After running around like a couple of fools experiencing each shower, we enjoyed the hot tub and view. Next we found the warm tile loungers and it was curtains for us for an hour. AHHH - what an experience. I felt as though my whole body turned to liquid. DH and I could not move, we were absolutely relaxed and in a jelly state!!

Deck 4 and the warm tile loungers we discoverd are a training ground for total relaxation. The ultimate was the round, couch like chairs outside the Quite Cove Cafe facing the ocean. There is the perfect breeze and view. The sound of the ship moving through the ocean and the most comfortable chair I have ever experienced. It defies you to stay awake. We did not.

DH and I were on a quest. We then fell asleep on loungers in the Satellite Falls area, facing the ocean - once more facing the pool. We were on a roll. We then fell asleep in The Quite Cove Pool area. Perhaps our fellow dishers saw us. My DH was the one with his mouth open. Maybe mine was too?????

This was the most relaxing cruise we have every had. In between naps, we did experience Goofys' mini Golf - very cute. We played Shuffleboard - DH beat me EVERY game. We played MidShip Detective - Genius !!! The AquaDuck was a blast - tried it day and night. We played in the pool and Satellite Falls. One day the ship was rocking and we were tossed around Satellite Falls - it was great. We enjoyed the Quite Cove Cafe, Remy, Palo and each MDR. Enchanted Garden was a real surprise. We loved it.

We also saw the shows - every one fantastic and watched a few movies. We did not fall asleep in the theaters. The entertainment was just too terrific.

One evening we sat at the family pool and watched "The Little Mermaid" on Funnel Vision. What an experience - to see a film about the ocean and then look around and see ocean everywhere. LOVED IT !!

We enjoy children and loved seeing the excitment of all. So many dressed up and absolutely adorable. It is funny, though to be in the adult area and then pass into the family area. It's sort of like traveling through a portal into another dimension. Enjoyable but so very different.

Any questions, just ask away. We're home and wide awake.

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
angelinaxox
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. I haven't been on the Fantasy, so I have to ask what is a one day Rain Forest pass?
angelinaxox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinaxox View Post
Sounds like a wonderful cruise. I haven't been on the Fantasy, so I have to ask what is a one day Rain Forest pass?
The Rain Forest is part of the Spa. There are four shower areas, each with a few options for different showers. Some have fragrance, sounds, hot or cold. It's a wonderful experience. There is also a hot sauna and a steam room. The hot tubs face the ocean and are very comfortable. But the icing on the cake are the tile loungers that are warm and beyond comfortable.

The one day pass is $16.00 per person and worth every cent. Next cruise, we plan to do multiple days.

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
EDelashmit
Lover of anything Disney

That sounds heavenly!!! I would love a vacation like that!!!

DCL - Fantasy August 2014
Aulani - June2014
Disney World - Wilderness Lodge January 2014
Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2013
DCL - Magic October 2012
Disney World - All Star Music May 2011
Disney World - Port Orleans May 2009
Disney World - Wyndham September 2002
Disney World - Dolphin March 2000
Disney World - Polynesian June 1996 - Honeymoon, 1st trip ever to Disney - I was hooked from that moment on!!!
EDelashmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
angelinaxox
Mouseketeer

Oh wow. That sounds amazing. Like that the price is reasonable too.
angelinaxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

right there with you! We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Since we both had colds, we were sleeping half the time in public too! Love those adult outdoor spaces on the Fantasy! The beds were pretty comfy too!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

You sound like folks with a blessed ability to enter zen like states of peaceful relaxation, probably wherever you go! Would love to cruise with you!
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you guys like to cruise like DH and I like to cruise!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva
right there with you! We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Since we both had colds, we were sleeping half the time in public too! Love those adult outdoor spaces on the Fantasy! The beds were pretty comfy too!
I LOVE the beds on the Fantasy. Best bed I ever slept on. But I live in FL, so all that bedding is just too much. Unless I want to blast the AC (like I did on the ship )
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Sebby
Earning My Ears

Might have seen you

I did see a couple sleeping outside Quiet Cove Cafe and another time I passed a couple on the yellow loungers - midship - deck 5 - right near the port holes. I always thought those looked like a good napping place. Perhaps I saw you twice.

And I second melting into a puddle of relaxation on the heated tile loungers. The staff assured me they'd wake me at closing.

I wish I would have had more time to relax so much I fell asleep in some open air spaces. Other than falling asleep during Finding Nemo I think I confined my naps to my stateroom. My 4-year-old kept me way too busy. Nothing wrong with napping in public as long as it's out of the sun.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

I am sailing on the Fantasy next week. I hope my "trip report" is a copy and paste of this one. It sounds GLORIOUS.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
j2tyco
Earning My Ears

I completely agree that the heated loungers in Rainforest were one of the most amazing nap experiences I have ever had...I melted away and was out for over an hour...with my mother in law snoozing right next to me. We were the only ones in the RF the entire time we were in there (over 2 hours) as we used our day pass on a port day when a lot of folks were off ship. I prob would have felt too guilty for "hogging" the lounger for that long had there been anyone else using the room.

It was magical and the first time I felt it was ok to nap...otherwise I was feeling too guilty that there were so many things I was missing and should not be sleeping the time away....but this was a planned schedule NAP time and it was GLORIOUS...
j2tyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
I LOVE the beds on the Fantasy. Best bed I ever slept on. But I live in FL, so all that bedding is just too much. Unless I want to blast the AC (like I did on the ship )
Oh, I hate a warm bed. Take the comforter off, then look above the tv. The room steward will have put that little blanket on the bottom of the bed up there. We used that on top the sheet. Perfect for us. Just a sheet and a very thin blanket. There is also a blanket on the sofa bed you can use. But the thin blanket from the bottom of the bed worked great for us.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva

Oh, I hate a warm bed. Take the comforter off, then look above the tv. The room steward will have put that little blanket on the bottom of the bed up there. We used that on top the sheet. Perfect for us. Just a sheet and a very thin blanket. There is also a blanket on the sofa bed you can use. But the thin blanket from the bottom of the bed worked great for us.
I hate a warm bed, too. But I love down comforters! Maybe because I can't have one . I know it doesn't make any sense, but I just can't resist that comforter! My hubby practically had frost bite in the mornings on the cruise, but he suffers for me
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

This is my plan for my cruise on the Fantasy in December. And the air conditioning will be cranked if my roomie agrees. I love a cool/cold room to sleep in and a nice comforter to snuggle under. I am looking forward to the heated lounges in the Rainforest room. And those comfy chairs by the Cove Cafe. OP your cruise sounds absolutely perfect.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: