Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
KatieElizabeth
Earning My Ears

Hello! I am new to DisBoards and a UO enthusiast I loved reading your PTR and if you don't mind, I wanted to offer some advice/feedback for someone who is new to UOR! Disaster is basically the same ride you rode 20 years ago, except back then it was called Earthquake. I never rode it when it was Earthquake, however, I hear it is essentially the same thing.

Definitely check out Animal Actors on Location, it is super fun and they have the animals that were actually in major films performing stunts. Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue is a good show, but if you didn't like Beetlejuice you may not enjoy it. It does feature other creatures such as Dracula but also be warned it can be very, very loud.

As for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man, you should definitely check out the newest film. It's a re-do so the origin story is repeated but Spiderman himself is a closer representation of the comic book Spiderman. It's very well done.

High in the Sky Trolley at Seuss Landing does indeed have a different view for each track. The lines are usually short - about 10-15 mins, so if you like it the first time and want to see the second, it should be quick. At the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, make sure you stick around to see a hatching, it's very cool, kids and kids-at-heart will love it (I sure did ).

When it comes to WWoHP, both lines for FJ and Ollivanders can get pretty long. I'd say Ollivanders first because the wait for that can be very boring. The show is worth it - Ollivander's assistant is always brilliant and my tip for getting chosen is to be the most excited person in the room. They tend to pick either young children or whomever seems the most excited to be there. Forbidden Journey is worth any wait time, especially if you aren't sure if you will have time for the Castle Tour (also keeping in mind that some days they don't have the Tour line open, especially if it's busy. I've heard if the wait is over 60 minutes, they won't open the Tour line). You also miss a bit of the castle on the tour line, as it only goes inside. My recommendation is to go through when the wait is 30-90 minutes long. The attention to detail is amazing and there are a few preshows you will not want to miss!

Eat at the Three Broomsticks. The food is really good, in my opinion. If you don't want to fight the lunch and dinner lines, breakfast there is also very good. Make sure to get your Butterbeer from either Three Broomsticks or the Hogs Head, not the carts outside. For some reason, it's just a little different.

Sorry for rambling so much! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
KatieElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: