Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
camper06
Mouseketeer

Best way to Reinforce Stroller Tags?

I am fairly new to this, but I did do a search and looked at the FAQ and did not find an answer.

What is the best way to reinforce a stroller tag? Disneymom831 was kind enough to make one for me. I printed it out on card stock (looks great!) and I was wondering if anybody had any good ideas other than just laminating it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Last edited by camper06; 10-04-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: change title to a question
camper06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
ShellsShirts
Mouseketeer

Laminating would be the easiest and most durable, especially in the Florida rain. 3M makes self-sealed laminate paper that is super easy to use. You just open the laminate like a book. Put your paper inside and peel the laminate to stick it into place. You can cut it to size after if needed.

The other option would be to use a spray sealer/acrylic poly that can be found at craft stores. Just make sure you find one for paper and the ink on your image does not smear/bleed in the process.

All designs are for PERSONAL use only. Not for SALE OR REPRODUCTION. All images (c) Disney.
As I donate my time and talent to you, I ask that you please consider a donation to Give Kids the World, and spread the Disney magic to those who need it most! To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
ShellsShirts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
LilnStitchy
Earning My Ears

I had the bright idea of putting mine into a ziploc then attaching (but I haven't figured that part out yet). I have never used a sign before so I'm brand new to this. I'm being cheap but possibly I should just get the laminate paper. Wish I had the heat laminate stuff like I had access to when I worked.

Caribbean Beach Resort- 2011
LilnStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
stacy76
Mouseketeer

We laminated ours for our trip a few weeks ago. Even being laminated it did not stand up again the Florida rain. It rained everyday we were there (9 days) and the ink ran inside of the lamination. I did take take 2 laminated copies, so when it started to look unreadable, I changed it.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
MPWife153
Mouseketeer

Most office supply store laminate & it is the stiff, hard laminate. That may be the best way to go so it survives if it ends up being a rainy trip.

Me(40)DH(38)DSS(14)DD(9) My Angel DS Our Miracle DD(3)
MPWife153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Menada1115
Mouseketeer

Marion (RustManFan) made our stroller tags and I printed them, took them to Office Max and they laminated them with the good, stiff laminate. They look awesome and I can't wait to use them! I am going to use zip ties to attach them.

Me DH DD(16) DS(14) DD(9) DD(3)

09/2005- POP
11/2009- POP
11/2010- Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World
10/2011- POR
1/2012- POR
12/2012- Disney Cruise
11/2013- Disney Cruise
Menada1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilnStitchy View Post
I had the bright idea of putting mine into a ziploc then attaching (but I haven't figured that part out yet). I have never used a sign before so I'm brand new to this. I'm being cheap but possibly I should just get the laminate paper. Wish I had the heat laminate stuff like I had access to when I worked.
I was thinking this too... I thought I could punch holes in the corner of the bag under the zipper part and secure to stroller with zip ties. I am gonna call and see how much staples charges for laminating too. I think if I have it laminated it may be a little less flimsy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: