Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #46
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway

Give me a Wispa and I'm happy.

Unfortunately, I have to buy them at a specialty store. For regular candy that's passed out for Halloween, I'm voting Almond Joy the best. Luckily nobody else seems to like them so I get them all.

Tootsie Rolls have to be the worst.
Really? Shows how much things differ round here! Wispas are everywhere- as is all Cadbury chocolate.

Not sure what all the sweets are mentioned here but I have tried the Hershey bar and it was disgusting. Ew.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #47
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

I love the elusive Mallow Cups.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #48
CarolinaBlue
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Sundrop is good, but Cherry-lemon Sundrop is better!

When I was a kid, I loved getting Sixlets and Chick O Sticks for Halloween. DH thought I was crazy when I got excited about getting them at MNSSHP last year. We used to get Bottle Caps, the little wax shaped drink bottles that had juice inside (not sure what they're called), Snickers fun size bars, M & M's, popcorn balls, and back then we got apples. There was always someone who gave out those tiny boxes of raisins. Sorry, but as a child, raisins were the last thing I wanted to get in my trick or treat bag.

Up next: AKV12/14Trips: OKW10/13,ASM 10/13,DL(offsite)08/13,Sports/SSR 05/14,05/13,Fantasy 08/14,12/12,Dream 05/11,WL-10/11,10/10,05/10,Poly-08/09,Sports/Disney Magic-05/09,BWI-12/08,Wonder-04/10,05/08, POFQ-05/12,08/10,09/08,05/08,08/06,12/05, BC-02/08, ASMu-12/07,06/95,CBR-05/07,FW12/12,08/12,08/11,05/11,12/10,08/10,04/10,12/09,08/09,12/08,02/08,05/07,AOA-12/12,Pop Century-04/11,06/04, offsite-06/02, 03/90
CarolinaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue
When I was a kid, I loved getting Sixlets and Chick O Sticks for Halloween. DH thought I was crazy when I got excited about getting them at MNSSHP last year. We used to get Bottle Caps, the little wax shaped drink bottles that had juice inside (not sure what they're called), Snickers fun size bars, M & M's, popcorn balls, and back then we got apples. There was always someone who gave out those tiny boxes of raisins. Sorry, but as a child, raisins were the last thing I wanted to get in my trick or treat bag.
Pencils were the thing i hated most. Lol... But I didn't say that here bcz it's not candy
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #50
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Basically any of the name brand chocolate is the best.

Worst to me are Dots, Mike & Ike, Hot Tamales, Tootsie Rolls, and anything gummy. Actually, just the chocolate flavored Tootsie Rolls are meh. I gave the fruit flavored kind a try last year and they are surprisingly good. Still, I have about a million of them that I got at Mickey's Halloween Party, so trick or treaters will be getting a lot of those.

Oh, and I don't hate Peanut Butter Kisses. I wouldn't go out of my way to get them or anything, but I wouldn't refuse them. They bring back fond memories of childhood.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #51
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Mounds Bar - that's about all.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #52
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Like: Bottle caps, almond joy, small snickers bars, twix, some of flavored tootsie rolls, Dubble bubble
Hate: Butterfingers, candy corn, reg. tootsie rolls, Now and laters.

I was minnie mouse whining in MK last OCT. about no almond joys in my bag
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #53
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

My mom always made popcorn balls for the trick-or-treaters. It took us hours to make and package them. they were always a big hit in the neighborhood. We had to turn kids away after their third or fourth trip to our house. Those were the days when you could hand out homemade treats and people weren't afraid to eat them.

I was never a big candy eater back then. But, i did love three musketeers. My brothers would eat all my other candy.

These days, I'll eat any chocolate candy as long as it has no coconut in it. YUK!
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #54
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Best are Tootsie Rolls and any kind of Hershey miniatures. Worst is any hard candy.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #55
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

I saw those peanut butter kisses today at Big Lots. The bag actually had the MaryJane girl on it. Made by the same company that makes Necco wafers. Yuk....I don't think that company makes one edible candy.

Jim
LBIJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

I do not like anything homemade. I have NO idea where it came from....please, just keep it wrapped and bought from a store.

I hate when people give out pennies instead of candy.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #57
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Really? Shows how much things differ round here! Wispas are everywhere- as is all Cadbury chocolate.

Not sure what all the sweets are mentioned here but I have tried the Hershey bar and it was disgusting. Ew.
Our "Cadbury" is actually made by Hershey. I used to find the real stuff in the International aisles of the grocery store but, they all stopped carrying real Cadbury.

I totally agree about the Hershey bar.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #58
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway

Our "Cadbury" is actually made by Hershey. I used to find the real stuff in the International aisles of the grocery store but, they all stopped carrying real Cadbury.

I totally agree about the Hershey bar.
Seriously? That's really ironic! I purposefully didn't buy Cadburys in the US because I knew it wasn't the same but I didn't know it was made by Hershey.

Shame you don't have the proper stuff anymore- England is crazy about cadbury. It's delicious!

I'm assuming you have things like KitKats, Twix and Snickers? And of course everywhere has Haribos I am guessing

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #59
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post
Sixlets used to be my favorite, but I think they changed the candy coating. They don't taste the same anymore.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #60
maslex
DIS Veteran

I LOVE~LOVE~LOVE any chocolate bars, to the point of it becoming an addiction (no joke). I go grocery shopping every Sunday (both Walmart & the grocery store). I would literally buy 3-4 candy bars at each store and they would all be gone by Tuesday (sometimes Monday) This went on for years. I finally had enough and haven't had one single candy bar since the middle of June.

I remember as kids, my brother, sister and I would come home from trick or treating and dump all of our candy out and separate them into piles. Candy bars, lollipops, gum, hard candy, etc. And I know that candy bars are usually the favorites of many people. So when I finally bought a house and was able to hand out the candy, I made sure to buy bags and bags of chocolate bars. I knew that those would never be left at the bottom of the bag or thrown out. I have a huge cauldron that I put the candy in and I just LOVE filling it up. In the neighborhood that I live in we get car loads of kids, so I usually end up buying like 5-6 of those big $10-$15 bags of candy bars. This year though, I'm not sure if I can trust myself with that many candy bars around. So I think I'm going to have to go with something generic like lollipops or something.
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: