Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Thank you for this explanation. I am doing my first split stay in 60ish days and this info. is super helpful to me. I do have one question, I don't like twiddling my thumbs in my room, waiting for a bellman to arrive (I'm not exactly the patient type in those situations,) can I just wheel my own luggage down to the lobby of hotel A (GF) and have them send it over to hotel B (YC?) Alternatively, if I do opt to call & wait for the bellman will he give me my tag @ the room, and then I'm free to leave from the room and head straight to the monorail to hop over to Epcot?
No problem , if you don't want to call Bell Services to come get your luggage, you are more then welcome to take your own luggage down. Make sure you get your bags there by 11am (before they start transferring the luggage over to the other resorts). They will still give you the slip of paper you will need in order to retrieve your luggage at your second resort. Have a great trip and remember that you are in good hands when you are at Disney .

Once they take your bags away (if you do call for Bell Services), and they hand you the paper/tag you are free to do whatever you want. When we do split stays we always do it on a park day. We call early in the morning to have Bell Service take our bags and then we head off to the park until after lunch. When we are ready to take our break, we head over to our second resort to check in. If the room is ready, we head up to the room and then call Bell Service to bring up our bags, if the room isn't ready yet, then we go on our marry way (shopping or eating) until we get the page.

Last edited by PoohsFan1; 10-03-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Wanted to answer second question
PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurasw1977 View Post
Thats why I said to check prices cause we bought AP tickets because we saved alot more money on our two week trip because even though the resort discount for everyone is out, the AP room discount ended up being cheaper cause of blackout dates and after buying two weeks of park hopper tickets it was cheaper to just do regular AP.
Your answer made it sound as if you couldn't purchase tickets for the entire stay with the first package and they'd have to buy new tickets for each part of the stay regardless of whether they were using a DDP or not. Your post was immediately after the person asking about a 6 day split stay (3 days at each resort). The original post on this thread was from July and I'm reasonably sure that person has their split stay figured out by now. So your post appeared to answer the person with the 6 day stay, and in that case buying APs would likely be a waste. They could price out upgrading one ticket to an AP to qualify for the AP room discounts and TIW card, but even then I don't think it's going to work out to their financial benefit to do so, primarily because as you mention, the AP rates lately haven't been better than the GP discounts (ignoring the blackout date issue). For the OP with a 2 week trip, then the AP would definitely be something to look into, but not so much for the 6 day stay.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We packed separate bags for the first hotel so we didn't have to unpack everything out every bag. The other bags just sat and waited for the next hotel. Our split stay was 3 nights at the Contemporary and a week at OKW so we needed a lot less for the Contemporary stay.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
cmh314
Mouseketeer

I just booked a split stay - 4 nights POFQ followed by 4 nights BCV (with rented DVC points). My question is, when I check in at the BCV can they take the remaining days of park tickets on our KTTW cards and transfer them to our new KTTW cards at the BCV or will we have to carry extra cards for the remainder of the trip? Not a big deal if we do have to carry the extra cards, but it would be more convenient if they can transfer them.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
Laurasw1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom

Your answer made it sound as if you couldn't purchase tickets for the entire stay with the first package and they'd have to buy new tickets for each part of the stay regardless of whether they were using a DDP or not. Your post was immediately after the person asking about a 6 day split stay (3 days at each resort). The original post on this thread was from July and I'm reasonably sure that person has their split stay figured out by now. So your post appeared to answer the person with the 6 day stay, and in that case buying APs would likely be a waste. They could price out upgrading one ticket to an AP to qualify for the AP room discounts and TIW card, but even then I don't think it's going to work out to their financial benefit to do so, primarily because as you mention, the AP rates lately haven't been better than the GP discounts (ignoring the blackout date issue). For the OP with a 2 week trip, then the AP would definitely be something to look into, but not so much for the 6 day stay.
I know for our trip next month the AP room discount saved me 800.00 more off room then the regular 30% general room discount. So that right there paid for regular ap no problem. Plus you get to buy tables and wonderland card that saves money. After 30 plus trips Ive always just been very careful not to except certain offers. One yr my ocd for pricing issues worked cause computer glitch got me 8 days at GF on corner room facing castle, dining, and tickets for family of four..... 2500.00 free dining and room discount and disney honored the glitch screw up.
Laurasw1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: