Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #1741
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
Everything is actually closer than you think within WDW. I'm wondering if there is a map of the entire complex that may make driving around a better option at times. We're staying at BWI for the first time and I'm really concerned about getting around. It's so far from MK & AK that the bus trip will take forever. Plus we have dinner reservations at some of the other resorts and going from resort to resort is such a confusing ordeal if the parks are closed. If I had a map to review before we go, it might prove to be worth it to drive.
Look at Google Maps.

If the parks are all closed to can transfer at DTD. Or take a taxi.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #1742
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

Best way from Boardwalk to DTD christmas week? Car and parking, taxi, or is there a bus from BW to DTD?
luv2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #1743
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
Best way from Boardwalk to DTD christmas week? Car and parking, taxi, or is there a bus from BW to DTD?
There is a bus to DTD from BW. But, if you want to get there much more quickly? Take your car or a cab. I was amazed the first time I drove to DTD from BW...it takes about 45 mins when taking the bus...wait time, drive to DTD. But in a car?? Under 15 mins!!!
If you drive, the parking is much more open during the morning and early afternoon. Late afternoon and evening it gets much more crowded.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #1744
DisPrincess4Life
Disney Fanatic.... FOREVER

DHS to MK during the Holidays

Family will be traveling during Christmas. One night right after fantasmic!, we need to get over to MK for a dinner reservation.
I am assuming the fastest way is a taxi.
What are the other options, and how long do they take.
How long would it take by taxi, and an estimate of how much it would cost.
How would you go about getting a taxi at DHS?
DisPrincess4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #1745
skelooch
DIS Veteran

You could take a bus directly from DHS to the TTC and then boat or monorail over to the MK. Immediately after Fantasmic I would allow a minimum of 90 minutes.
A second option would be to walk or boat to the Swan/Dolphin and then take a bus from there directly to the MK. Again allow 90 minutes.

The taxi option will be the fastest, the taxi stand is located just beyond the bus load/unload zone. After Fantasmic there could be a greater demand for taxis so you may have to wait a bit if one is not readily available, and getting out the one and only DHS exit can be congested so it could take 5-10 minutes just to get out onto Buena Vista Drive. Instruct the driver to drop you at the Contemporary Resort guard kiosk, and it will only be about a 10 minute walk from there to the MK turnstiles. Total time from taxi stand to MK approx 30-40 minutes at a cost of $16-$18 plus tip.

Personally I think I would schedule the MK dinner for an evening I was already at the MK, especially at that time of night.

Good Luck

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #1746
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
You could take a bus directly from DHS to the TTC and then boat or monorail over to the MK. Immediately after Fantasmic I would allow a minimum of 90 minutes.
A second option would be to walk or boat to the Swan/Dolphin and then take a bus from there directly to the MK. Again allow 90 minutes.

The taxi option will be the fastest, the taxi stand is located just beyond the bus load/unload zone. After Fantasmic there could be a greater demand for taxis so you may have to wait a bit if one is not readily available, and getting out the one and only DHS exit can be congested so it could take 5-10 minutes just to get out onto Buena Vista Drive. Instruct the driver to drop you at the Contemporary Resort guard kiosk, and it will only be about a 10 minute walk from there to the MK turnstiles. Total time from taxi stand to MK approx 30-40 minutes at a cost of $16-$18 plus tip.

Personally I think I would schedule the MK dinner for an evening I was already at the MK, especially at that time of night.

Good Luck
This is always what I recommend. Many people spend too much time getting from point A to point B at WDW, for ADRs, because they didn't think too far ahead. I always tell people to figure out what days they want to be in what parks...then make your ADRs. You can spend so much more time in the park, having fun, vs riding around in buses, boats, or cabs!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #1747
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I want to second (or third) the advice by the smart folks before me. You will be traveling during Christmas, a super busy time, trying to leave right after Fantasmic! wWhen it is super crowded trying to get to a completely different area of the property. It will most probably take longer than you anticipate. Who needs that kind of stress on vacation? Definitely plan your meals for close to where you will be. If you want an ADR for after Fantasmic! how about something at Y&BC or BW? Or Swan &Dolphin? That way you can walk from DHS or take the boat.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #1748
joeiii3
Earning My Ears

Breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey

Hi All,
I am sorry if this information has already been posted! We have a 7:30am ADR at Chef Mickey's and we are staying at the POP. We have a car and can drive to the Contemporary for breakfast, but then we are planning on going to MK. Should we park at TTC first and then take monorail to Contemporary or park at Contemporary, eat, then move car to TTC? Which would you do? I don't know what time the monorail starts running from the TTC to the monorail resorts...
Thank you so much!
joeiii3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #1749
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

If you are good with paying to valet park you can park the one time, leaving your car with CR valet for as long as you like. Otherwise I might just take the bus to MK and walk across the street to the CR, maybe a 10 minute walk. Be out at your resort bus stop at 6:30 as the early AM buses do not run as frequently as they do later in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #1750
DisPrincess4Life
Disney Fanatic.... FOREVER

Thanks everyone for the info. I think we will simply skip Fantasmic and go to MK. Unfortunately I wont let the family give up this reservation. Its for BOG and that week is fully booked. I am fine with leaving HS early to go to MK, MK is open till 1am that night so we will be glad to be back in that park. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
DisPrincess4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #1751
melissarose
Mouseketeer

i have an ADR at CP for 8:35 a.m. i am staying at POR, so how long will it take me to get to MK from my resort? what time should i be waiting at the bus stop in the morning to get to MK for around 7:45? i've heard a lot of people say they will let you in around 7:50 or so if you have an ADR.
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #1752
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
i have an ADR at CP for 8:35 a.m. i am staying at POR, so how long will it take me to get to MK from my resort? what time should i be waiting at the bus stop in the morning to get to MK for around 7:45? i've heard a lot of people say they will let you in around 7:50 or so if you have an ADR.
Get to the bus stop around 6:45 or 7:00.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #1753
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisPrincess4Life View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. I think we will simply skip Fantasmic and go to MK. Unfortunately I wont let the family give up this reservation. Its for BOG and that week is fully booked. I am fine with leaving HS early to go to MK, MK is open till 1am that night so we will be glad to be back in that park. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Well then...I can well understand your wishing to keep that ADR!!! I'm still looking for one for two for my early Dec trip...have one for 5 but only 2 of us going. Have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
For an 8:35 ADR, at CP, I would be at the bus stop no later than 7. The buses start running by 6:30, and then run about every 20-25 mins or so. They run less frequently than the regular buses...so if you just miss one, you could have a somewhat lengthy wait.
With an 8:35 ADR, you will need to check in, at the CP podium, by 8:20ish...so they will most likely allow you in by 8-8:10. I wouldn't count on being allowed in prior to 8.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #1754
joeiii3
Earning My Ears

Thanks DannysMom for the help! Does anyone know what time the monorail starts running between TTC and the resorts? I don't know if my hubby will pay for valet at Contemporary and we would like to use our vehicle. Thank you!
joeiii3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #1755
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeiii3 View Post
Thanks DannysMom for the help! Does anyone know what time the monorail starts running between TTC and the resorts? I don't know if my hubby will pay for valet at Contemporary and we would like to use our vehicle. Thank you!
Generally, it starts by 7am. We had to get from the Polynesian to CR for an ADR at 7:30am...we got on the first monorail run of the day at 7am!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: