Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #2491
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Have ordered some gifts for my DD from American Girl to be at the BC when we arrive. I have given AG my reservation number and arrival date but can't see them quoted on my account invoice (we can't do it ourselves from the UK - you have to call their call centre to order with a UK billing address). Should I email the beach club to ensure they hold them for me (and if so who should I contact?) or am I just worrying too much (as usual )
Also spoke to a nice man yesterday to order a mini anniversary cake to be placed in our room mid-stay. Can't wait :

Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #2492
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle3000 View Post
Hi

I am staying at The Beach Club for the first time with my Mum, Sister, Aunt and Cousin for a week from 4th November

I am from the UK and hoping to do some Christmas shopping whilst we are there

I would like to purchase a couple of Kindles from Amazon.com to be delivered for our arrival, from looking at the info on the front page (fantastic job by the way!) it would appear I need to make sure my delivery arrives by USPS? Does anyone know if a kindle will be delivered that way? I can't tell from looking at their website.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Have a fantastic trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
Here's a question for all you Beach & Yacht Club experts--I will appreciate any advice you all have!

I have a trip planned for the BC in February.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February.

I really don't know how to answer your question about the condition of the rooms at the BC and YC. I have seen reviews from both ends of the spectrum from guests who have just returned.

I'm honestly not sure that you will have a definitive answer until you stay there yourself.

Personally, the two Beach Club rooms I have stayed in were fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
Eep! Thanks so much to the folks who keep this thread updated and full of freat info.

We are staying at Yacht Club - CL at the end of the month to celebrate the end of my mom's cancer treatments. We will be there 10/30-11/2 and I can't wait! We stayed at BC-CL last year and got hooked.
back, and congratulations to your mom for completing her treatment. What a great way to celebrate together!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Hi there, I have a quick question about room requests.

We have booked for next August, when I assume the hotel will be full. I am adding a request for a full balcony to my booking and appreciate that it is just a request. We are flying into Orlando a few days before our BC stay starts, so can check in early. Would checking-in early make it any more likely for us to get our room request?
Our usual advice is to wait to check in in person. Ask the person who is helping you if your assigned room has a balcony or not. If they say no, then ask if there is a room available now, or will be available soon, that has a full balcony.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #2493
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Everything that comes to the resort via United States Postal Service is delivered to the resort directly. Any packages/mail delivered by any other means goes to our shipping department which is located in the YC convention center.
So you're saying that, when we get desperate, the best thing to do is to mail ourselves down to the resort using the US postal service. If we FeEx ourselves we will just have to hoof it over to the resort from the convention center....AFTER we pay a ransom to the convention center employees to open the box.

I'm thinking that it might be easier to stick with the Magical Express. You get to sit in a padded, air conditioned seat AND they show movies on the way to the resort!

~NM
Ninja Mom update: Nothing good to report. That's about it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #2494
Michelle3000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C

I have had CHI !! hair straighteners/irons ordered from Amazon and delivered to the GF and had no charge. The following year again ordered 2 ski-suits from Colorado to be delivered to the GF again no problem.

I am about to do a LOT of Christmas shopping online from US stores and get it delivered to the YC next week. So will report back on any problems/charges. I have asked about charges if it is delivered by someone other than USPS but had no reply.

Our US friends might think we are crazy but with the exchange rate and
availability of certain things us Brits do a bit of shopping when we visit the US, BIG TIME.

As example our Nephew is after a Hollister hoodie for Christmas which in the UK is about $95, if we get it in Florida it will be about $40.
Thanks for this info

Hopefully it will come via USPS and there won't be any problems!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #2495
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Our usual advice is to wait to check in in person. Ask the person who is helping you if your assigned room has a balcony or not. If they say no, then ask if there is a room available now, or will be available soon, that has a full balcony.
Thank you for the advice.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #2496
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

I've been off the DIS for a few months now saddened after leaving in June with no trip planned. However, we are now in the pre-planning phase and we have decided to stay at the BC for the first time.

This will be our 11th trip and our last four trips have been at the Poly. As much as we love the Poly we need a little change. The last time we tried doing this was when we switched from the CSR to CBR and were greatly disappointed. So excuse a slight feeling of hesitation....

I believe we will be staying at a Garden View and would like a full balcony. But that is all I have at this point. I will start my homework now and start reading through the thread but I'm already torn between being closer to EPCOT or the main lobby of the BC (DS13 would love to be close to the arcade and us the main pool). I know it's all requests, but here is to hoping.

By the way our trip looks like it will be June 6th through the 15th....10 DAYS!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #2497
Debbart
Hooked!

illuminations cruise

We will be at YC Dec 10 through 20 (already on list). I have an illuminations cruise leaving from the YC on Dec 10th at 8:30 for 9:30 illuminations. I have room for a few more. It is posted on the cruise thread, (but that is hard to find). If anyone is interested please PM me for the details. Sorry if this thread has to be moved...not sure
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #2498
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
We're neighbors in MA and we'll be neighbors at WDW since will also be at YC the same time.
How fun! Normally I would say keep an eye out at the Yacht Club for the bearded guy in his Red Sox gear (my dad) and you'll know you have found me but the Sox have been so terrible this year, I think he will be leaving all his Sox gear behind. Ha!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #2499
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Ninja Mom update: Nothing good to report. That's about it.
{{hugs}} Thinking of you.

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #2500
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hey folks- look who the Flat Kids met today!

[/SIZE]
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #2501
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Warning way but I thought I could count on my YC/BC friends for some help. My DH wanted to start an aquarium, so about 6 weeks ago we did. I got a Mickey Mouse fish that I named " Walt" which DH found funny. Today we got another Mickey Mouse fish and I need to name him.... Help!

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2502
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Warning way but I thought I could count on my YC/BC friends for some help. My DH wanted to start an aquarium, so about 6 weeks ago we did. I got a Mickey Mouse fish that I named " Walt" which DH found funny. Today we got another Mickey Mouse fish and I need to name him.... Help!

Roy.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #2503
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love it!!!

I was going to say Lillian, but you said it was a male.

The obvious choices are:

Mickey

Disney

Roy
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #2504
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OMG, that fish has a hidden Mickey on its tail!!! So cool!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2505
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Roy.
Jinx!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: