Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
4littleones
Mouseketeer

16 hour drive, two 5 yr olds, a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old - OH MY!

This is my very first trip report. My name is Carry. I am 36 and a stay at home mom to 4 wonderful kiddos (Nathan 5, Reagan 5, Riley 3, and Kaycee 2). My amazing husband is a self employed 39 yr old workaholic named John. We live in PA and don't fly so it is the 16 hour drive for us in a full packed minivan.

This was our 2nd family trip to the world. Our first trip was Sept 2011 and we took both grandmas along. We stayed at the cabins in FW and the 2 grandmas stayed at Pop. It was fantastic to have them enjoy everything with us but at the same time it seemed to get a bit crazy and overwhelming. I think I should have had us split up into smaller groups now that I look back at 2011. It was still a wonderful 2011 vacation but I was determined to make 2012 even better.

We stayed at AoA this trip in the Nemo suites. We visited Epcot, DHS, MK and Blizzard Beach. You will get some photos but not nearly enough since it is tough to manage 4 kids and take all the pics I want to take .

Thanks so much to anyone who takes the time to read this.

The cast:

My DH, John. He thinks of himself as the ATM machine for this trip . He is not a Disney veteran so he is learning as he goes. His favorite attraction is Turtle talk with Crush.

Nathan (5.5) He started kindergarten this year. He was FREAKED by Splash Mtn in 2011. He loves Jake the Pirate, Cars and Spiderman.

Reagan (5.5) She loves kindergarten and acts like she is 10 instead of 5. She loves meeting characters and getting their autographs. Her favorite princess is Rapunzel.

Riley (almost 4) She is the princess. Her favorite color is pink and her favorite princess is Aurora. She also takes the prize for being the oddball of the group.

Kaycee (2.5) She is tiny and cute but can be a total pain . She like Mickey, Oso and Bugs Bunny.

Me, Carry. I usually take the pictures so you won't see me too much. I am not good at organizing, I spill things and loose things multiple times a day. My favorite attraction is Peter Pan.
Me DH DS(6) DD(6) DD(4) DD(3)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: