I'll be in WDW this time next week for a long weekend.
..and then again in early November. We own DVC and another timeshare, so we get down a few times a year for shorter trips. I have ALWAYS planned our trips around food, and had aspirations once about eating at every TS on site.
Here is what I will do:
1. Alcohol only one night.-DVC members are currently allowed at the Top of the World Lounge, so we are going there to watch fireworks, I'm planning on having a cocktail or two there. Yes I know it's food and wine fest, but I will save that for our November trip.
2. TRACK, TRACK, TRACK-It is too easy to get out of the habit for me. So even if I have dessert, I will right it down, and estimate points the best I can.
3. Err on the side of proteins over carbs.
4. Eat breakfast in our unit.
5. Check menus and find at least one better counter service option in each park.
Here is what I won't do:
1. Say no to something that I really want because it's too many points.
2. Say yes to something that I don't really want just because it's vacation.
Love this #2. I also read somewhere that asking yourself, "Will I remember this in two weeks" is also a good clue for "Shall I eat this thing that I want?"
3. Give up when I get back if I have only maintained or gained. (This one will be tougher, but I am DETERMINED!!!!)
I also think I'm going to start a wish journal today so I can hold myself a bit more accountable.