DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
twooley2
DIS Veteran

dining plan and multiple families

if we have 2 families on one reservation in a 2 bedroom will they divide up our meal plans so one family does not accidently spend more than their alloted meal entitlements or do they have to be grouped all together? additionally We only want charging priviledges on our cards not on the other families cards so how could we do this when we all are on the dining plan but want to go our own ways for touring sometimes and for meals seperatley
twooley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

All credits for a room will be on all cards, so you will have to keep track yourself.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
twooley2
DIS Veteran

thanks that is what I was thinking but hoping otherwise
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooley2
if we have 2 families on one reservation in a 2 bedroom will they divide up our meal plans so one family does not accidently spend more than their alloted meal entitlements or do they have to be grouped all together? additionally We only want charging priviledges on our cards not on the other families cards so how could we do this when we all are on the dining plan but want to go our own ways for touring sometimes and for meals seperatley
You can specify charging privileges for certain room cards and not have them allowed for others.

Have never used the dining plan, but I believe the "pool" of meals / snacks is specific to a card and not counted as part of a larger group.

At least that's what I observe when I am waiting to buy a cup of coffee and I watch a lady frantically juggling room keys at Boardwalk Bakery to get those last "I paid for them!" snacks before boarding ME. LOL.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
Have never used the dining plan, but I believe the "pool" of meals / snacks is specific to a card and not counted as part of a larger group.

At least that's what I observe when I am waiting to buy a cup of coffee and I watch a lady frantically juggling room keys at Boardwalk Bakery to get those last "I paid for them!" snacks before boarding ME. LOL.
Unless there have been recent changes, the credits are pooled from all cards for a single room so any one person could spend all credits if they so chose (I know of situations where one person used most credits due to lack of understanding of how the DP works). If they were worrying which card was which they were either doing so for no reason, had multiple rooms so the cards were different plans or added people to the room so their cards didn't work with the DP.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We took another family with us last year, and paid for the dining plan for all of us. All of our credits were available on any of the 7 room cards. Anyone could have used up all of the credits at any time. We explained how the credits worked, and didn't have any trouble keeping everything straight and fair.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

We had that situation last summer with one group. I simply made everyone a little card that had the number of TS, CS, and snacks listed. We were there 3 nights, so I had TS listed 3 times, CS 3 times, and SN listed 3 times. When they used something, they crossed it out on the card. It was the size of the KTTW card so they kept it with it...very easy and simple to do.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
twooley2
DIS Veteran

Would u happen to still have a copy of the card you made up for the party to keep up with rheir counts
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Both families can submit separate credit cards to be applied to any or all of the cards for their own family members. Or one family can have charging to the room privileges, while the other family pays with a credit card or cash for all their spending.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Charging privileges have nothing to do with the dining plan. If you're all on the same reservation all your dining credits will be pooled. There is no way to separate them within the same reservation.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
Donna M
DIS Veteran

Be careful of on-line check-in

If you plan to do online check-in, don't supply your credit card. If you do, then all adults in your unit will have charging privileges on their cards using your account. You'll have to add charging to your card when you get to the resort.

C
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooley2 View Post
Would u happen to still have a copy of the card you made up for the party to keep up with rheir counts
Wasn't anything fancy--just cut a piece of tag board to that size and then typed out the letters on a mailing label and stuck it to it.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Remember the posts a couple of years ago where the Uncle used the TS credits to buy himself a couple of extra hamburgers. The Family didn't find out about it until they came up short of credits after an expensive meal.

You can have the resort Concierge print out your credits a couple of times during your stay to keep track of your spending.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: