Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #136
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

Yes, they do...I assume all or most of the resorts have a selection like this (photo from an easywdw review of Pop.)
Are they super expensive or regular!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #137
MollyBelle09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet
I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!
Thank you for posting this! I'm going to be calling to see what sort of discounts my group can get Wednesday, and hadn't read many 'Poppers'' discount results. Thanks for the hope.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #138
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great info again Janet, we are back to May now instead of February! It is amazing what a couple of days can do!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #139
snkasweet
Earning My Ears

Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #140
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room? Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?
Check out building 9 on the map. There are some areas that are super close to the bus stop.

We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 10-07-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #141
Karin1984
Earning My Ears

I just returned from a week at POP, it's perfect for solo travellers!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #142
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Tomorrow at this time, DS and I will be at the airport! Our flight isn't until 3:15, but because of American's issues, they're allowing passengers to try standby for earlier flights, and there's one at 10:25 that we're going to try to get on (there are seats left, so they said there's a good chance).

And when I come back, I'll be starting a new job! And DH will also! I feel SO much better about going on this trip knowing we'll both be employed. Now I won't worry while we're gone, we'll just have a great mother-son trip.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #143
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!!
Love it!! Happy Birthday to your DH! Have a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Are they super expensive or regular!
Sure they are quite pricey ... beers are around $5-$7 ... wine is approx $10-14, in my picture of the liquor area, I can't find any prices for you, but will ask MeMom to do so (as she is there now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks for all the great info again Janet, we are back to May now instead of February! It is amazing what a couple of days can do!!
You're welcome Jen!! And you have a DC (date change) again! SWW baby - bring it ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet View Post
Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.
Depends on your booking category ... the playground is over by the 70s (which does not have a pool) but you can use the 60s one, which has the kiddie pool as well. I think the kids would like the 60s or 50s too ... with lady and the tramp. We like the lake view rooms, we feel they are the most quiet (we also request an upper floor), however you may like a ground floor if dealing with strollers.

What category did you book??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night!
Yikes!! Lizards are cute, snakes are not!! This is why we request an upper floor!! Hope you are having a ball!!

Request: If you can, please check out the liquor prices. My pix do not show the prices an we there is a request for info....thanks, no problem if you can't or forget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Tomorrow at this time, DS and I will be at the airport! Our flight isn't until 3:15, but because of American's issues, they're allowing passengers to try standby for earlier flights, and there's one at 10:25 that we're going to try to get on (there are seats left, so they said there's a good chance).

And when I come back, I'll be starting a new job! And DH will also! I feel SO much better about going on this trip knowing we'll both be employed. Now I won't worry while we're gone, we'll just have a great mother-son trip.
Erin - Congratulations to you and DH on your new jobs!! Now go and have the most fabulous trip with your DS!! And he has his gig to look forward to on his return .... great news all around!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #144
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post

Congradulations to both you and your husband on findind new jobs. Have fun on your trip!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #145
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Flower & Garden....SWW...nice!!!

janet

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #146
3tiggerstoo
Mouseketeer

Current Bounceback?

We will be arriving at Pop in 6 days (So Excited!!!) and I was wondering what the current bounceback offer is? DD and I are planning to do the Expedition Everest Challenge in May and I was hoping to book our stay at AS Sports with a BB.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #147
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet View Post
I sure wish I remembered the first room we ever stayed in at POP. It was the loudest room for foot traffic we have ever had. It was a corner room in the 80's with a rubix cube. We were right by the playground, and it was a straight walk down the hall the opposite direction to the key pad of the 90's pool. We were right by the bus stop and the parking lot. Every morning and every evening it seemed EVERYONE walked by our room and our toddler at the time was bothered by all the footsteps and talking.

So I have never requested near transportation again at Pop.

We have really enjoyed the quietness of the standard rooms in the 70's, and building 3 in the 50's. We have stayed in various 1st floor standard rooms in the 70's and never had that kind of foot traffic as we did in the 80's near the transportation. We've enjoyed looking out at the fuseball game view, and also the garden view rooms looking at the bunnies. Didn't put us close to transportation or a pool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
If it's the size of a worm, it could be a ring neck snake. They are cute, but still make me cringe to see them up close. I'd be more freaked out though if a palmetto bug greated me on the bed. We keep our doors closed too. I was happy to see that room keeping also keeps the doors closed now.

Enjoy your stay!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #148
lbklyn
DIS Veteran

Just read jcarwash post above. Is applebee's and wendy's really only a 5 min walk from POP? And is it a safe walk, highway etc.?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #149
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

The Bounceback offers free dining. We were at POP Century from 23-29 Sept. It was great. Excellent Mousekeeping! We stayed in the 70's, Building 6, ground floor. We were close to the food court and the buses. Had a couple of days rain but that was later in the day. Did miss the Fireworks and Electric Parade due to weather. But I hope to see it next year. We most definately booked out trip back for next year. I love POP.

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-content...k-Offer-MD.jpg
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #150
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbklyn View Post
Just read jcarwash post above. Is applebee's and wendy's really only a 5 min walk from POP? And is it a safe walk, highway etc.?
I can't think of any that is a five minute walk from POP. Crossroads has a McDonald's, Red Lobster, Perkins, Pizzaria Uno, Sweet Tomatoes, TGI Friday's etc. but it would take alot more than 5 minutes to get there and a couple very busy roads (walking past DTD to get there) to cross that I would not feel safe on foot crossing. (Though many people do cross those roads by foot daily.)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: