Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #1051
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!
I am not sure I want drool all over the keyboard!
A very merry unbirthday to us all!!!

I just went to Kohls to find new jeans for our upcoming trip to Disney.

So excited!!! Got into and fits well....a size 8!!!
I am soooo happy!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #1052
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Wee, themepark bloat! Up 4.2 pounds. The receptionist didn't even say a word to me, guess she was embarrassed for me? I sat down and looked and started laughing. I knew my waistband was a bit tight the last couple of days!

After the meeting (we are still down at Disneyland) we got to talk to a nice lady, maybe helped her and also reaffirmed what we are doing and how we are continuing on, etc etc. don't know what I would do without the meetings!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #1053
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Wee, themepark bloat! Up 4.2 pounds. The receptionist didn't even say a word to me, guess she was embarrassed for me? I sat down and looked and started laughing. I knew my waistband was a bit tight the last couple of days!

After the meeting (we are still down at Disneyland) we got to talk to a nice lady, maybe helped her and also reaffirmed what we are doing and how we are continuing on, etc etc. don't know what I would do without the meetings!
I don't know about your place of weigh in but our ladies are not allowed to say anything to us about our weight. I guess someone complained and corporate office told our leader all they were to do is write down the weight.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #1054
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajl View Post
I don't know about your place of weigh in but our ladies are not allowed to say anything to us about our weight. I guess someone complained and corporate office told our leader all they were to do is write down the weight.
My WI place always says "great job" whenever there's a loss, nothing if there's a gain. So I can understand why having them say nothing either way might be preferable -- you wouldn't be able to know if the person in front of you gained or lost.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #1055
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Good day! Had my first weigh in today and I was down 2.6. Happiness! I had a couple of rough days toward the middle of the week so I was very content with my loss.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #1056
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Good day! Had my first weigh in today and I was down 2.6. Happiness! I had a couple of rough days toward the middle of the week so I was very content with my loss.
Way to go!!! Those rough days will happen (or at least they do for me), and you just need to press on through them!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #1057
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That surprises me. We're supposed to mirror the response of the members.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #1058
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
That surprises me. We're supposed to mirror the response of the members.
Our "leader" about two months ago had a discussion with us before she started the meeting. Apparently there were members complaining that others could hear what the receptionist response was to their weight.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #1059
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last week she told me exactly what I had lost. Today the other lady told DH that he had gained a little. So I think she was just having a reaction to the amount. I'm not a person who cares, so she would have been safe with me!

Quote:
Our "leader" about two months ago had a discussion with us before she started the meeting. Apparently there were members complaining that others could hear what the receptionist response was to their weight.
Gosh I wish the leaders could simply tell the listeners to mind their own business! When I'm in line I'm talking to others and not paying attention to the other people around me and their weighins, and if I do hear it, I feel that I did something wrong!

4.2 is just amusing...it's definitely not all a fat gain in one week, you know?

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #1060
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Back from our little trip to see my parents (who live in Fenwick Island, DE -- so when I say a trip to see my parents, I might as well say "a trip to the beach").

Up 2 lbs on our home scale. I tracked -- stayed right at my 26 on Thursday, 57 (you read that right) on Friday, and 30 on Saturday. Thing is, the Friday eating was not outrageous! But it was a "little bit" of this and that on the boardwalk and all those little bits do add up quickly. I still ate less on Friday than my normal eating would have been pre-WW. No wonder I got to the place I was with my weight. This trip was enlightening.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #1061
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I need to step away from the scale. I weight myself every day and I should not do that! My normal WI is Tuesday and my scale has not moved at all this week. I have tracked, exercised, etc and nada. I will keep carrying on, maybe its saving up for a big loss next week! I'm .4 away from my 10 lb loss.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1062
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

I've been out of commission awhile......things have just been busy. I stayed within my points this week, but had a lot of carbs, which seems to play havoc with my weight loss.

I actually was expecting a again, and didn't weigh in on Friday-I just felt I couldn't deal with it, so waited until Saturday. Was happy with a .6 loss-and hoping for an even better number on the scale next Friday.

Discovered a salad I LOVE at Fresh and Easy- a spinach salad that has a total of 6 points for the entire bag. So a good side for dinner (4 of us) or I use it for dinner when dh is out of town, and add a little chicken.

Am driving for my son's family weekend at school next weekend. Will bring a little cooler so I can have fruits and veggies and other snacks on the way down, and plan to be very careful at the university meals.

Wishing everyone a good week!

Julia
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #1063
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I went out to dinner with some friends the other night, and put together a few restaurant tips. I thought you folks might enjoy them!

http://healthybeautifulblessed.com/t...-a-restaurant/
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #1064
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Catching up on the thread ...

Welcome to the thread! Great weight loss so far . What are the Shakeology and the Turbo Fire programs?
Thanks! Shakeology and Turbo Firw are both part of the Beachbody franchise. Shakeology is a meal replacement shake that is the healthiest meal of your day. You should check it out and see all of the great things it has in it. My shakes are only 5 pts, I drink it for brkfst, and it gives me my chocolate fix.

Turbo Fire is a 90 day workout program that focuses on the HIT method (high intensity training), where you work out as hard as you can in 1 minute increments in a 20-25 minute block of time, that alows your body to burn calories all day. (the after burn)
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #1065
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
I need to step away from the scale. I weight myself every day and I should not do that! My normal WI is Tuesday and my scale has not moved at all this week. I have tracked, exercised, etc and nada. I will keep carrying on, maybe its saving up for a big loss next week! I'm .4 away from my 10 lb loss.
Maybe you need a little cheat to get your metabolism going again?
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: