Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Warning

Ok so we arrived safe and sound at MCO after a bumpy flight earlier and when we checked in for ME the CM said 'ok we have you going to saratoga springs' um no its OLd Key West. Ok so we get that changed and off we go on the bus with me thinking it must have been an error I made when I did the online ME booking. We get to check in at old key west and 'oh we have you at Saratoga springs' I'm sorry what??..... By this time we are tired and just want to get to our room. I had the voucher from my mickey mail that clearly said old key west. According to the Disney system here I was changed to Saratoga springs.......and then the front desk manager says 'oh we are 100% full' you can imagine hat we were thinking it's not that Saratoga is not nice but if we had wanted to stay there we would have booked it. So long story short we are at old key west in building 64 in millers road where we wanted to be.
The only way I think this happened is we called in the December to make a location request and that's maybe where we suddenly got swapped resorts.
So make sure you ave all your paper work as a back up I'm very glad we did otherwise I would ok still be here but not in the resort I really wanted to be. Also double check if o do call about our booking you re confirm where it's booked for. Even the cm at checking had not seen an issue lie ours.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran
 
Laurafoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 4,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky
Ok so we arrived safe and sound at MCO after a bumpy flight earlier and when we checked in for ME the CM said 'ok we have you going to saratoga springs' um no its OLd Key West. Ok so we get that changed and off we go on the bus with me thinking it must have been an error I made when I did the online ME booking. We get to check in at old key west and 'oh we have you at Saratoga springs' I'm sorry what??..... By this time we are tired and just want to get to our room. I had the voucher from my mickey mail that clearly said old key west. According to the Disney system here I was changed to Saratoga springs.......and then the front desk manager says 'oh we are 100% full' you can imagine hat we were thinking it's not that Saratoga is not nice but if we had wanted to stay there we would have booked it. So long story short we are at old key west in building 64 in millers road where we wanted to be.
The only way I think this happened is we called in the December to make a location request and that's maybe where we suddenly got swapped resorts.
So make sure you ave all your paper work as a back up I'm very glad we did otherwise I would ok still be here but not in the resort I really wanted to be. Also double check if o do call about our booking you re confirm where it's booked for. Even the cm at checking had not seen an issue lie ours.
That's strange, I'm surprised that new paperwork wasn't sent at the time they changed you - they always have with us in the past.

Glad you got it all sorted though, have a lovely time
__________________
Laurafoster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

That's strange, I'm surprised that new paperwork wasn't sent at the time they changed you - they always have with us in the past.

Glad you got it all sorted though, have a lovely time
I know that's just it they changed it in the december but when we got or mickey mail a couple of weeks back it said Old Key West. Building we are in is awesome though and very glad we got it sorted.


Sorry just noticed some cracking spelling errors in my first post must have been tired
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..
 
hogwartsdropout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,437

The same thing happened to us except they told us we had been put down to stay at French Quarter when we had booked Riverside! Luckily we got it sorted before we arrived at Orlando. Glad you got it sorted out!
__________________
1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999 - Offsite
2000, 2011 Disney Wonder & Disney Magic
2001 -All Star Music
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!
 
orangetiggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 6,006

Enjoy :-) we are on countdown and catn wait for my mickey mail, should be this week :-)

We too are at okw and need to request our room :-)
__________________
Our Twin girls Megan^Jayne and Ava Lily born 29th Nov 2009!!!!!
orangetiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,515

It would be nice if they made a mistake and it was a massive upgrade lol.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910
It would be nice if they made a mistake and it was a massive upgrade lol.
Yes well I was hoping that might be an option . But no we are more than happy at OKW it really is a lovely resort and our room could not be in a more perfect location.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #8
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs
Enjoy :-) we are on countdown and catn wait for my mickey mail, should be this week :-)

We too are at okw and need to request our room :-)
Can't remember if you have stayed at okw before but if not I could not recommend millers road more highly and with you have the little ones it's nice and close to the main area without being right next to it. Hope you get a good location and make sure when you call that they don't go and change resorts on you LOL
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout
The same thing happened to us except they told us we had been put down to stay at French Quarter when we had booked Riverside! Luckily we got it sorted before we arrived at Orlando. Glad you got it sorted out!
I'm glad they were able to sort it for you.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran
 
skelfbsfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,427

Glad its all sorted for you. Have a fantasmic time.
__________________
DVC Member 2007 OKW
DVC Member 2010 BWV

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!
 
orangetiggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 6,006

Yes we stayed at okw last year buikding 28 and loved the location so im hoping to get there again :-)
__________________
Our Twin girls Megan^Jayne and Ava Lily born 29th Nov 2009!!!!!
orangetiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes
 
disneyholic family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: in my heart i'm always in WDW
Posts: 15,946

wow!!! that would be upsetting!!!
i have my confirmation letters all printed up and packed for my trip next week!!!
__________________
Beth
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #13
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran
 
dixonsontour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: lancashire uk
Posts: 4,291

oh gosh glad you got it sorted.

I'm going through our paperwork today - will have to go and triple check everything now
__________________
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
starrysky
DIS Veteran
 
starrysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour
oh gosh glad you got it sorted.

I'm going through our paperwork today - will have to go and triple check everything now
Well we had no idea until we turned up. I'm sure you will be fine though it must have been a glitch. Best be prepared though.
__________________
Me (33) DH (40) Bailey (5)




1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ



starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.