Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmc27 View Post
Well I tried the online checkin today and all I can say wow what a pain I can't really see why anyone bothers with it. First off entered my room requests only to have it come up Cannot process room requests please phone. Okay so then at the bottom of the page it allows me to proceed to the next section is where you enter any special events etc. Well all that page did was hang on me never worked. I just gave up Booo.
I love online check in. If I do have a request, I will call it in. Remember, online check in is really there for people who don't need to talk to a Cast Member when they get to the resort. It's there for people, who like me, have been there a ton of times and don't need the entire presentation from a live person. It's there so we can just go up, present photo ID, get our packet (which has information we already know), our parking pass and our room keys and then leave. It's there so we don't have to stand in the queue waiting for a family of four who need to know the park hours for their entire trip, who need to make dining reservations, who need to get park tickets and want to know the best options.

I do online check in and have been in and out of the front desk area in less time than it takes my husband to go the bathroom.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

I did the online check in for my Feb stay and when I arrived, the online check-in area was roped off. I was not amused. It ended up ok and I did check in before lots of people on the regular line but only cuz I ducked under the rope and stood there for 10 minutes.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
scjo68
DIS Veteran

We have done online check in every year since it's been offered.
It has always worked well for us. However, I know how frustrating the WDW website can be when it's not working right, so I imagine if I had problems getting the online check in to work, I would just give up and wait to check in when we got there.

We have not found online check-in to make a difference in getting our requests granted. In fact we have been upgraded very generously twice using Online C.I.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
megandgarr
Earning My Ears

If we requested a corner room, upper level on our original reservation, is that considered a special request? It certainly isnt going to make or break our vacation if we dont get it, but it would be a nice plus. I am considering doing the online check in just for the sake of spending less time in line. If I do online check in, will they automatically link the corner room/upper level request, or would I need to call again to have that added?

Thanks,
megandgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #20
Lyndye
Mouseketeer

I have to say that I prefer to check in on-site. I enjoy talking to the Cast Member helping us. I don't usually travel during peak times, but I have never had to wait more than just a few minutes in the check-in line. You all may think I'm crazy haha!
15 Disney World visits, 2 Disneyland visits June 2014--Disneyland February 2014--Off site Oct 2013--Pop Century Oct 2012--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Oct 2010--Pop Century; MNSSHP, F&W Mar 2010--Off site Jun 2009--All Star Sports Mar 2009--Disneyland Jul 2008--Off site Feb 2008--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Oct 2007--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Feb 2007--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Jan 2007--Pop Century and Nick Hotel Dec 2005--Coronado Springs Jan 2005--All Star Music May 2004--All Star Movies Oct 1993--Off site
Lyndye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #21
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
The reason why people "bother" with it is because it's not usually like what you experienced. If it was, then yes, people wouldn't do it. I'm a fan of it personally and I've been going to WDW since long before they had it. I much prefer it. I have 4, yes FOUR online check-ins to do for my trip next week and I have 2 done already. Fast and easy. Two more to go. The site was down when I first tried to do the check-in, but once it as back up, it was fast.
Same for us. We love it! We had our room requests met, and our rooms ready as early as 9:30 am.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #22
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megandgarr View Post
If we requested a corner room, upper level on our original reservation, is that considered a special request?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megandgarr View Post
If I do online check in, will they automatically link the corner room/upper level request, or would I need to call again to have that added?
Since you made your request when you originally booked, no need to call again. But, one thing I like to do is call about a week before we arrive and ask the CM to read back to me any requests on my reservation. We also make our requests when we book. They have always been there when I call to check, it just makes me feel better.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

I've never done online check-in before. This Sunday is our 10 day mark and I'm thinking of doing online check-in this time around just because we arrive late (~8:30pm) and I don't need or want to spend alot of time at the front desk checking in.

My reservation has one request that appears on my confirmation - "Please Note: REQ 3RD FLOOR WITH BALCONY". So from what I've read it appears this request will carry through even if I do online check-in and don't enter anything for special requests at that time. Good to know!

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #24
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

One more question about online check in if I may. Once you have finished, do you get an email confirmation or anything? Have a surprise trip coming up and don't want any emails to ruin the surprise.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #25
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
One more question about online check in if I may. Once you have finished, do you get an email confirmation or anything? Have a surprise trip coming up and don't want any emails to ruin the surprise.
You will get a confirmation email that you completed online check in.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #26
ms1031
DIS Veteran

I did online check-in about 8 days prior to our recent trip (arrived 10/4 at 10:30 am).

The system gave me the same messages as the OP. One of my choices the website offered for special requests was "full balcony". I selected that, then it said it could not process any requests at this time.

I then proceeded to the section where you enter the things you are celebrating on this trip, which appeared to go as it should.

When we arrived at the Beach Club, we were greeted outside by a CM who was expecting us. He walked us to the check-in desk, where he attempted to get the attention of the next available CMs, but they proceeded to help 2 other families who came in behind us. He apologized.

It took the CM who checked us in over 15 minutes to process things that should have already been ready for us. After that, she was handing us our celebration buttons, only to discover that my oldest daughters name was spelled wrong on hers.

Our room was not ready until 2:45 pm. It did have a full balcony, but I don't know if it was because of the request or just pure luck.

Long story short, online check-in that is designed to be grab and go took us over 30 minutes. Then we had to check our luggage with bell services, who wouldn't automatically deliver it to our room when it became available. We had to call for it from the room when we made our way back from Epcot.
ms1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #27
Figaro972
Mouseketeer

We have done OLCI for the past few trips, and I think so far it has worked out. the benefit IMHO is actually not having to stand around and wait for them to get all your stuff together at regular check in. the past few times we have used it, we go up to the OLCI counter, our stuff is ready to go and we are off.

Mickey Mouse
Sorbo 9/7/98 - 9/16/11 (RIP)

Next trip: BWV 9/27/14 - 10/5/14
Figaro972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: