Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
natb
Earning My Ears

PLEASE help me figure out what to do!!

I need help deciding what to do on October 10th. I would appreciate any advice... here goes: I have booked 2 room at AofA for Jan 10-15/13. In one room we are 2 adults, 13yo,8yo. In the other room 2 adults, 15yo. I booked these rooms long ago for 97/night during week and 107/night fri and sat. This is where it gets tricky...in your opinion will I be saving much to move over to Pop Century? would really like to save some money but would also like to stay in the new hotel.. I can't seem to figure out how much could be saved and what is actually discounted!! Help me!!
natb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd wait and price out the different options on the 10th when the discount is on the site so you can see what you are getting with the price and see how it compares. I think 97/night is good for AoA but if you can get dining/tickets and a bit of savings with PoP then it might be worth it. I'd definitely wait though so you can see the numbers yourself.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
SL30
Earning My Ears

I don't have my exact numbers handy but we are family of 4(2 adults, 2 small children) For package deal at LM AOA for 7 nights, 6 day tickets, QS dining cost was $2695, we switched to POP and total was about $2168.

We saved about $550 which I think is worth it to me although it was a hard decision cause I really wanted AOA and part of me still wants to splurge on Cars sweet which is $3650ish so I cant justify it.

Room and tickets I had priced out at both LM and POP were around $1950 so I figured I just added 7 days of dining for 4 people for $200...no way we could have eaten that cheap on our own.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

If you go to mousesavers.com there are rates for the hotels w/o the discounts. It looks like POP has high rates for the 10-12th due to the marathon and AOA is only $5 more. I'd keep AOA unless you could get a better package deal at POP.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: