Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #2731
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Our dates have changed slightly, but we're soooo excited!

Though our first night in Florida is Dec. 6th, the Disney part of our trip is now December 11-December 18, so we'll have 7 nights at Port Orleans Riverside We are going to MVMCP on Dec. 11th. We had to move things around to get free dining.

Maybe I should start a packing list? Is it too soon?
See below so no, a packing list isn't too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Where are you staying your first few nights? We'll be at POR 10-17 so we overlap quite a bit...and Dec 11th is our MVMCP as well! It IS NOT too soon to start a packing list. I've already got a lot of things packed (it's cold here so short sleeves/a few pair of shorts are in the suitcase already
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #2732
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLa01844 View Post
I'm alive!!! Sorry I haven't posted much...I haven't even been reading

It's coming up so quick!! I think I'm at 56 days today! Insane! Our trip update: We booked a car and got a diamond parking pass. NOthing else really. I haven't done any touring plans for the parks yet, I don't know if I will.

Old Navy is having a one day sale today $15 for fleece jackets so If anyone needs one head on out!
I got to Old Navy at 10 this morning and they only had 6 of the women's fleece coats left. Only one was in my size so I grabbed it. It's a dark blue color with a belt. I am suprised they were almost gone at 10!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #2733
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I got to Old Navy at 10 this morning and they only had 6 of the women's fleece coats left. Only one was in my size so I grabbed it. It's a dark blue color with a belt. I am suprised they were almost gone at 10!
I went a couple of years ago when they do the flip flops for a $1, limited to 6 per person. I was there at 10.30 and just after me they had to close the doors as they were to capacity It was awful in there! Then there was a huge showdown between a customer & staff cuz the guy had about 50 pairs - he didn't know about the limit and threw a major tantrum It took me forever to get out.

Needless to say, I haven't been back for that sale. Seriously, its not worth the buck per pair.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #2734
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I went a couple of years ago when they do the flip flops for a $1, limited to 6 per person. I was there at 10.30 and just after me they had to close the doors as they were to capacity It was awful in there! Then there was a huge showdown between a customer & staff cuz the guy had about 50 pairs - he didn't know about the limit and threw a major tantrum It took me forever to get out.

Needless to say, I haven't been back for that sale. Seriously, its not worth the buck per pair.
That would be quite stressful! I can't imagine 50 pairs?! I wonder if he was buying them as gifts?

The jacket is cute and I will probably bring it with to WDW for those cool/cold nights...if there are any. You just never know.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #2735
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

HELLLLOOOOOOO ALL my December travel buddies!! Its getting closer! I dont like to get this excited to soon. I dont want to start loosing sleep at night with excitement!!!

I hope everyone gets blessed with WONDERFUL weather.
My family includes , me , my wife, and 3 kids! This will be their sixth , my seventh time to the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!
My kids have no idea we are going, and their Grandmother, Uncle, Aunts and 2 cousins are meeting us at the airport to surprise them!

Why Christmas, need I answer.

We are flying out of Alexandria , LA Dec 12th at 5:30am to Houston. Houston to Orlando landing 10:30am! Get the rental car and head over to POR!

First night DHS! 12/12

MK CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!! 12/13 my birthday! CRT for dinner!

Epcot firework cruise !! 12/14 Coral Reef !

AK 12/15th wife, kids and I going to Ohana for first time, Mom and others Boma. We have been there for last 4 trips.

DHS 12/16 H & V Fantasmic dinner package

Universal 12/17to see Harry!! Then dinner at Chef MIckeys, hop over to MK.

EPcot 12/18 Rose and crown for Illuminations!

Free day 12/19, whatever park kids want. Fly out 4pm land in Alexandria,LA HOME! (CAN I CRY NOW). 9pm.

Hope to see you there!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #2736
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78 View Post
HELLLLOOOOOOO ALL my December travel buddies!! Its getting closer! I dont like to get this excited to soon. I dont want to start loosing sleep at night with excitement!!!

My family includes , me , my wife, and 3 kids! This will be their sixth , my seventh time to the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!
My kids have no idea we are going, and their Grandmother, Uncle, Aunts and 2 cousins are meeting us at the airport to surprise them!

We are flying out of Alexandria , LA Dec 12th at 5:30am to Houston. Houston to Orlando landing 10:30am! Get the rental car and head over to POR!

First night DHS! 12/12

AK 12/15th wife, kids and I going to Ohana for first time, Mom and others Boma. We have been there for last 4 trips.

Free day 12/19, whatever park kids want. Fly out 4pm land in Alexandria,LA HOME! (CAN I CRY NOW). 9pm.

Hope to see you there!

Hello DisneyDad78!

Aww, we just miss each other - we're 7th-13th

Wow, sounds like you have a really exciting trip in store - your kids are going to be shocked ... I love it

I can feel your excitement its making me excited
Old 10-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #2737
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
That would be quite stressful! I can't imagine 50 pairs?! I wonder if he was buying them as gifts?

The jacket is cute and I will probably bring it with to WDW for those cool/cold nights...if there are any. You just never know.
The cynical side of thought he was buying them to re-sell

Fingers crossed for that weather. Last year was incredibly mild, warmer than usual. I wouldn't mind that this year
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2738
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Go Mizzou Tigers! Go Buckeyes!

I do have a question, though. It's a dining question. I've said before I'm not happy unless I'm changing at least ONE ADR a day

If you had to choose between Tutto Italia and Coral Reef, which one would you choose? I booked Tutto for our Candlelight Processional package but I'm not convinced it's the best place as I don't see many dining reviews of it. Of course, now that I'm trying to find dining reviews to compare the two, I can't find much! Anyone have any advise?
Tutto Italia. We've been to Coral Reef and it was eh, ok. We have Tutto Italia booked for our second day at Epcot. I was very shocked that we were able to get an ADR so easily. I figured it would be sold out due to the CP. But I also booked it last month.

If you haven't already, you can check out the Youtube video that WDW Info has. If you can't get to the link from the main forum page up in the news section (like I can't due to issues with IE), then go to www.youtube.com/wdwinfo to view the video. After watching it, I was very happy that we made the decision to book it. I was getting hungry just looking at the food and desert!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #2739
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

And here I thought that that type of scenerio was an exageration ! I wouldn't be able to be in a store that is that crowded due to my claustrophobia. Heck, I can't even be in the TRU store located in Times Square, NYC without feeling too closed in. And it doesn't matter if it's during the Holiday season or not.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #2740
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78

First night DHS! 12/12

Hope to see you there!

We're a pretty excited group so let the good vibes go!! That sounds like a great family trip and a great surprise! We hope my SIL and BIL can join us and surprise our MIL. We haven't seen them since 06 and it's been a year for my MIL. Fingers crossed!! Your plans sound great and are sure to be fun! We are doing Ohana and Boma on this trip and are two favorites of ours
Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #2741
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

The cynical side of thought he was buying them to re-sell

Fingers crossed for that weather. Last year was incredibly mild, warmer than usual. I wouldn't mind that this year
Ehh you're probably right : /
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #2742
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

That's right....you order the wine and have it sent home, right? Do you have to buy a whole case to do that? I love my wine and hubby enjoys some of it. We have several wineries around these parts so I'm not sure he'd be keen on buying a case when we could buy semi-locally. Do they allow wine tasting there at Tutto Gusto, is it? I have it on my short list too I'm so glad I didn't listen to dh and keep that Coral Reef ADR. I do sometimes get a little nervous eating at a restaurant that has a main focus of seafood. Cross contamination is a concern and I'd just as soon avoid having to be put in the hospital. I know the chef's are probably very good about allergies and such but why tempt fate?
Last time we bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts from Uline. The boxes were cheap and we had them shipped to my mom; though you could send them to the hotel. Then we brought the boxes home as checked luggage on the plane because you can't ship it normally. It was during F&W so we bought a few bottles at the Festival Center but mostly we bought sake. I'm trying to decide whether we'll need the boxes this time. We'll be there a lot longer this time and there's a S African wine shop in AK we want to check out. But if its just a few bottles we can pack them in the suitcase. I guess it depends on how much sake we buy.

As far as Tutto Gusto, we'll mostly be drinking not shopping. Twice a week they have free wine tastings - Mon and Thurs from 3-4. So far no one seems to know about it and reviews have indicated its pretty empty.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #2743
alorac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78
We share a birthday! Who ever decided the 13th was unlucky anyway?

I have no idea what I am doing that day though... Told the GF she has to make the plans and surprise me
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #2744
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

This is why I do 90% of my shopping online. Scary.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #2745
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

Last time we bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts from Uline. The boxes were cheap and we had them shipped to my mom; though you could send them to the hotel. Then we brought the boxes home as checked luggage on the plane because you can't ship it normally. It was during F&W so we bought a few bottles at the Festival Center but mostly we bought sake. I'm trying to decide whether we'll need the boxes this time. We'll be there a lot longer this time and there's a S African wine shop in AK we want to check out. But if its just a few bottles we can pack them in the suitcase. I guess it depends on how much sake we buy.

As far as Tutto Gusto, we'll mostly be drinking not shopping. Twice a week they have free wine tastings - Mon and Thurs from 3-4. So far no one seems to know about it and reviews have indicated its pretty empty.
Gee, what a coincidence! Our Epcot days are Monday and Thursday!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: