Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #16
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Unless they have made a really recent enforcement change, WDW will put dogs in any loop that is available. They primarily put them in so-called pet loops first, but you will see them anywhere after that.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Tented1
Mouseketeer

I wonder why the CM didn't tell me? I had to cancel my dates because i voildnt get a pet loop find a boarding kennel then make new ressies.

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy View Post
Unless they have made a really recent enforcement change, WDW will put dogs in any loop that is available. They primarily put them in so-called pet loops first, but you will see them anywhere after that.
Do they maybe have a quota of how many sites/loops they can move pets into?

I would think there has to be some limit.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

If you are staying in a tent, you are not allowed to have a pet regardless of the loop. We were told that last year.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell
If you are staying in a tent, you are not allowed to have a pet regardless of the loop. We were told that last year.
We were going to board ours at the kennel by PO and bring him over for family visits. I should be glad that providence worked out the way it did. I thought I had read everything on pets and FW but I must have missed something.

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy View Post
Where did you get that info? We have been told repeatedly that the 100-200 loops are pet free, and I ask each and every time I make ressies. The ONLY time I saw a dog, he jumped up and started barking when we passed one afternoon near the path to the settlement store. I called the desk and they sent someone out, came and talked to us, and said there was a big mix-up on these people's ressies, and they were allowed to keep the pet there if there were no issues. They asked us if that would be ok if they agreed to keep the dog either in the MH or in back. We said fine, and we never saw him again.

I have no issues with people bringing their pets on the other loops, and I don't go there, but is it also too much to ask for a couple pet free loops?
We go 1-3 times a year, and that's the only time we've SEEN dogs, not saying they haven't been there. But those loops are not *open* to normal ressies with pets.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #22
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

We take our dog with us. 2 times we have been placed in non pet loops. It has always been premium loops. We told them at check-in, they still placed us there.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
We take our dog with us. 2 times we have been placed in non pet loops. It has always been premium loops. We told them at check-in, they still placed us there.
No problems - just so they don't infringe on 100-200 loops Those are the only loops we will stay in
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
Mic
They can take away my freedom but they can't take away my FOTL!

My daughter and her husband brought their dog with them to Disney last Thanksgiving because he needed daily medication. We boarded him at the kennel near Old Key West (where we were). The kennel staff was nice, the facility clean, and the location was very convenient. It was a little pricey, even with my DVC discount, but my daughter was happy to have "Jet" so close. The staff was very accomodating; they provided an orthopoedic mat for Jet to lie on, so we did not have to bring one from home, they fed him at his usual times, and they took him out for very short walks at our request (due to a newly-diagnosed degenerative disorder). They even sent my daughter a cute picture of Jet on his second day there. My daughter still has that picture on her phone, even though Jet passed away a few months ago. If you decide to bring your dog, I think you will like the kennel on property. They have a fenced-in area where you can walk your dog and spend time with him daily.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

I can't address the question of pets in 100-200, since I don't stay in them due to the size of our MH. But I do loop there a lot and do not recall seeing a dog around. Since those loops are smaller ans in demand, it could be that WDW puts overflow pets in other loops such as Premium where there are so many more spaces....at least as far as possible.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: