Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
maryj11
DIS Veteran

1 week before arrival can I call and add an extra park ticket ?

Can I call and add another park ticket day if we only have 1 week before we arrive or should I wait until we get there ?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Either way works!

I generally do it before I leave just so its all taken care of.

Just make sure you absolutely will be using that extra day, once its on there, you can't take it off since that is a downgrade and you are less than 45 days out.

Have a great trip!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

As PP mentioned, you can do it either way. But unlike the PP, my preference is to wait until I'm there and I actually need the extra day to add it. That's just in case something comes up and I don't actually need the extra day.

ETA: I just remembered. If you booked your package before the June price increase, making a change to your tickets now would mean you would have to not only pay for the extra day, but also pay for the price difference between the prior price and the current price. If you wait until you are at WDW and have used the tickets at least one day, then you will only pay the cost of the 1 extra day.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
As PP mentioned, you can do it either way. But unlike the PP, my preference is to wait until I'm there and I actually need the extra day to add it. That's just in case something comes up and I don't actually need the extra day.

ETA: I just remembered. If you booked your package before the June price increase, making a change to your tickets now would mean you would have to not only pay for the extra day, but also pay for the price difference between the prior price and the current price. If you wait until you are at WDW and have used the tickets at least one day, then you will only pay the cost of the 1 extra day.
If you made your reservations before the June 3 ticket increase, your tickets are not at current value. You won't owe any more for the tickets at check-in, but if you plan to upgrade them before actually using them, you will be charged for the upgrade, plus the difference in price between your old tickets and current tickets.

There is a procedure to follow to avoid this extra cost. Leave any ticket changes until after you arrive. Get your reserved tickets at check-in, then use them once thru a park turnstile. This maneuver will elevate your tickets to that day's gate price, at no cost to you. It's a procedure that Disney calls "Price Bridging." Once thru the gates, add your extra day at Guest Relations just inside the gates, or you may upgrade later at any Guest Relations or Ticketing outlet. Since your tickets will now be valued at gate price, you will only owe the actual upgrade cost (+tax).

Here's a great ticket info Sticky from Cheshire Figment, "Everything About WDW Tickets." See #6, especially paras. 7-8-9, about upgrading tickets that are not at current value.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Thanks all I made my reservations in July , but I think I will just wait until we get there to make sure we really want to use it .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: