Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #3001
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

That's teamwork Deb!

& Jan.. forgot to answer about what's next.. just a sampler.. have to get my skill level back. I've lost that and I need to work on it before I get to something bigger.. I'll post pics along the way maybe...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #3002
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
For the first time, today I did my exercise bike for just over one mile without any stops. I had done a mile before, but with one and sometimes two stops. Today I did it straight through. I'm happy that I'm making progress.

I noticed the difference on my Canada cruise. I walked the boat with less stops in between. I was also on steroids and I'm not now. But doing the exercise bike has made a difference. I can't wait to move to Florida and have the pool to work out in everyday. I'll do that and my exercise bike and I should start getting into better shape.

WAY TO GO !!

Quote:
Ella brought me another dead mouse tonight. She usually puts them right next to me on the couch....all bloodied and half dead. YUCK! Tonight she was much better.....no blood and at my feet instead of my lap. And it was very dead.

Angel was in the bedroom with John as usual. I had to go get her and shut her out of the bedroom to stay in the living room with me. She runs after Ella if I yell at her and tell her bad kitty. Then Ella runs and it keeps her from mouse hunting. So Angel is my guard dog against Ella bringing me another dead mouse.

In Florida I won't have Angel to run interference so I'll be getting dead geccos from Ella instead. UGH!

Maybe she won't like to chase geccos.
I used to pick up the ones our cats brought with my hand in a plastic bag like picking up a dog mess, turn it inside out over the mousey body, tie it off and put it in the trash.

Quote:
Well it's only Saturday and I didn't have to make the meatloaf or the chicken. I talked John into making stuffed grapevine leaves if I rolled and stuffed the leaves. He just had to make the meat and rice mixture for the insides and the egg and lemon sauce for over the top....basically, all the cooking. I was just doing the rolling. John agreed. So we made them today. Yum Yum Yum!!!

YUM !! Good plan !!

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #3003
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
That's teamwork Deb!

& Jan.. forgot to answer about what's next.. just a sampler.. have to get my skill level back. I've lost that and I need to work on it before I get to something bigger.. I'll post pics along the way maybe...
I will enjoy seeing your craftsman ship!

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #3004
HollyTyler
I know, I'm stuck on that Mickey crystal ball

Quote:
For the first time, today I did my exercise bike for just over one mile without any stops. I had done a mile before, but with one and sometimes two stops. Today I did it straight through. I'm happy that I'm making progress.

I noticed the difference on my Canada cruise. I walked the boat with less stops in between. I was also on steroids and I'm not now. But doing the exercise bike has made a difference. I can't wait to move to Florida and have the pool to work out in everyday. I'll do that and my exercise bike and I should start getting into better shape.
Deb, way to go!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #3005
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
That's teamwork Deb!

Thanks Shell!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 10-09-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #3006
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
WAY TO GO !!

Maybe she won't like to chase geccos.
I used to pick up the ones our cats brought with my hand in a plastic bag like picking up a dog mess, turn it inside out over the mousey body, tie it off and put it in the trash.

YUM !! Good plan !!

Thanks Jan!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #3007
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyTyler View Post
Deb, way to go!

Thanks Holly!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #3008
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

The heat went on for the first time last night....and it's only the first week of October.

They're saying that we can expect our first snow some time around Halloween this year. That's early! Then they're saying that it's going to be a rough winter with lots of storms and lots of snow.

It figures that my last winter in the house has to be a rough one. We were hoping it would be like last winter which only snowed about two inches twice.....easy! But it's not to be this year.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #3009
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I just joined Angie's List and looked up snow removal. I found two good companies. I'll have to call and get myself on the list of regular clients to plow.

We have no more truck with a plow....too many mechanical problems so we traded it in for a four wheel drive tracker. It will get us up the hill in the winter as long as it's plowed or less than 2 inches are on the ground.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #3010
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I have no Ray, no kids, no committment to stay here for Thanksgiving dinner. So this year I would love to go to Ian and Sukie's for dinner....but they are taking this year off and not doing turkey day dinner.

We will either have to cook at home or invite ourselves to someone else's house. Casey is going to be with Brittany at her parents house. My brother stays on his boat. We can't run down to Florida since we're going in December. I have my cousins in Binghamton, NY, NYC and Long Island that I can go crash their dinners. But I'm thinking that maybe we'll stay home and cook so that I can have leftovers.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #3011
HollyTyler

Quote:
I have no Ray, no kids, no committment to stay here for Thanksgiving dinner. So this year I would love to go to Ian and Sukie's for dinner....but they are taking this year off and not doing turkey day dinner.

We will either have to cook at home or invite ourselves to someone else's house. Casey is going to be with Brittany at her parents house. My brother stays on his boat. We can't run down to Florida since we're going in December. I have my cousins in Binghamton, NY, NYC and Long Island that I can go crash their dinners. But I'm thinking that maybe we'll stay home and cook so that I can have leftovers.
Aw, bummer. I was hoping they were going to be inviting people again because Tyler's at his dad's this year that day. I would have dragged my mom along again. She would have been totally willing though, since she loved everybody there!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #3012
HollyTyler

Quote:
The heat went on for the first time last night....and it's only the first week of October.

They're saying that we can expect our first snow some time around Halloween this year. That's early! Then they're saying that it's going to be a rough winter with lots of storms and lots of snow.

It figures that my last winter in the house has to be a rough one. We were hoping it would be like last winter which only snowed about two inches twice.....easy! But it's not to be this year.

Don't put too much belief on the forecast. Last fall it was forecasted to be the hardest winter in recent history for our area and it ended up to be the mildest in years with almost no snow and only 1 or 2 snow days for school kids.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #3013
HollyTyler

But no matter how the winter goes, at least you know it's your last time dealing with the snow!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #3014
pickensstickens
Earning My Ears

It's my first Disney Cruise, and I am super excited!!! Any tips or anything I need to know? I will be traveling w/ my husband and daughter 4 and son 1.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #3015
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyTyler View Post
Aw, bummer. I was hoping they were going to be inviting people again because Tyler's at his dad's this year that day. I would have dragged my mom along again. She would have been totally willing though, since she loved everybody there!
I know....I'm sad too. They decided to take a year off and this one is it and I know we would have gone this year too. Oh well. I guess we'll just cook.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: