DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
jkevinmcg
Mouseketeer

Need help from points transfer experts

Last week I got a transfer into my account of points that are March 2013 use year. Coincidentally that corresponds to my own use year. When am I eligible to transfer again? Does this transfer count as a transfer during my current use year and then I would be eligible again after March 2013 (this is what I'm thinking)? Or does it count for the March 2013 use year making me ineligible to transfer again until after March 2014? Essentially costing me two use years for the one transfer I just did. This is what member services has told me.

Thanks
Kevin
jkevinmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkevinmcg View Post
Last week I got a transfer into my account of points that are March 2013 use year. Coincidentally that corresponds to my own use year. When am I eligible to transfer again? Does this transfer count as a transfer during my current use year and then I would be eligible again after March 2013 (this is what I'm thinking)? Or does it count for the March 2013 use year making me ineligible to transfer again until after March 2014? Essentially costing me two use years for the one transfer I just did. This is what member services has told me.

Thanks
Kevin
Since you are allowed 1 transfer/use year, this transfer uses up your 2013 chance. You could still get a transfer of 2012 points into your account and then bank them into 2013, if that would be helpful. In that case you would need to make sure the 2012 points were still within banking window rules (so any use year except Feb. would still be bankable).

Last edited by jekjones1558; 10-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
jkevinmcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Since you are allowed 1 transfer/use year, this transfer uses up your 2013 chance. You could still get a transfer of 2012 points into your account and then bank them into 2013, if that would be helpful. In that case you would need to make sure the 2012 points were still within banking window rules (so any use year except Feb. would still be bankable).
Jean

Thanks. That makes sense. When I asked about that scenario, she went away to check and came back with the same response. I'll call again and find someone else when I find the right 2012 use year point transfer.

Regards
Kevin
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Jean

Thanks. That makes sense. When I asked about that scenario, she went away to check and came back with the same response. I'll call again and find someone else when I find the right 2012 use year point transfer.

Regards
Kevin
Good luck! Just remember the banking window. If you get March, 2012 use year points, you could only bank them until Oct. 31, 2012.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Jean

Regards
Kevin
MS does not do transfers well. They tend to lose points or apply them to the wrong UY so be careful. We had transfered points that MS could not access and it took several days and a IT person to fix the problem.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
jkevinmcg
Mouseketeer

Thanks Jean and Bill!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
MS does not do transfers well. They tend to lose points or apply them to the wrong UY so be careful. We had transfered points that MS could not access and it took several days and a IT person to fix the problem.

Bill

I agree with this. It doesn't detour me.. I will prolly do 1 for 2013 as well as I have for 2010-11 and 12

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

If your are transferring 2012, try to get end of the uy to have a longer banking window 2.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Unless MS has changed the rules it is 1 transfer per calender use year, so so you have used up you 3/1/12 to 2/28/13 transfer and will be able to do another on or after 3/1/13. You need to talk to a supervisor to get reasonably accurate information.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
Unless MS has changed the rules it is 1 transfer per calender use year, so so you have used up you 3/1/12 to 2/28/13 transfer and will be able to do another on or after 3/1/13. You need to talk to a supervisor to get reasonably accurate information.
I have done 2 yrs of points on 1 call. It is UY not calender yr.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Yes you may do 2 different years of points and multiple resorts in one transaction
Old 10-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
jkevinmcg
Mouseketeer

Thank you all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: