DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Not at the World, but we're with Disney. This will be our seventh consecutive year at the Hilton Head Island resort. Last night DH signed up for the Thanksgiving morning 5K and free beer. As he always says, he runs so that he can justify eating all the Signe's pie!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
ccw
Disney diva!

Thanksgiving basketball tourney

If you want to see some college BASKETBALL that week, the Old Spice Classic will feature some great teams playing at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Games start Thanksgiving Day with the championship game to be played Sunday night. Come cheer on these student athletes!

http://www.oldspiceclassic.com/home/
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
gbsb1011
Earning My Ears

Arriving at OKW on Thanksgiving Nov 22!! Checking in and having early dinner at Liberty Tree tavern!! Can't wait!! We leave on Fri, Nov 30th
Old 10-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #19
kungaloosh
Mouseketeer

We are arriving on Thanksgiving day and staying until 12/1. I can't wait. My DS and his fiancee moved to Gainesville this year so they will be joining us for the 4 day weekend and I can't wait to see them.

We did this same time frame 3 years ago and it worked out great. The first 3 days we did a lot of shows and rides that are fast loaders and then the crowds died out from Sunday on.

There are 2 little girls who will turn 7 and 8 at the beginning of Nov who are in for the surprise of their lives. Neither knows about the trip yet. Our niece is the 7 year old and she is going to find out on her b-day on the 10th. The 8 year old is our friend's daughter and they aren't telling her until we wake her up at 3 AM on Thanksgiving morning to leave for our 6 AM flight!

Cathy
Trip 23 Mar. 3-10, 2012 Disney Magic Cruise
Trip 24 Nov. 22 - Dec 1 2012 BCV
kungaloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
genmasjoy
Mouseketeer

We are arriving at OKW on November 22 also, have reservations for the luau at the Polynesian. Staying through Monday, the 26th, so we can go to the Christmas Party at MK on the 25th. Can't wait!
genmasjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #21
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmasjoy
We are arriving at OKW on November 22 also, have reservations for the luau at the Polynesian. Staying through Monday, the 26th, so we can go to the Christmas Party at MK on the 25th. Can't wait!
We are staying at okw too and going to the luau on the 20th.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
sallysue66
Mouseketeer

It's good to hear all the positive responses to Thanksgiving in the parks. Going at non-peak times is getting harder to do with DD13's school work.
We are going on a cruise with extended family out of Port Canaveral and get off the boat Thanksgiving morning. We were planning to hit US/IOA for the day then head home Friday morning but DD's BFF is performing in the parade at MK T-Day so we decided we just have to try and see her! I'm waitlisted for AKL & BLT but I know it's a one in a million shot so we have ressies for POP. I know it will be crazy packed but we are prepared to just try to spot BFF in the parade T-Day, get a few rides in at one of the parks Friday and enjoy the holiday decorations!
sallysue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
thepops
DIS Veteran

Looks like I'll be passing on our trip there for Thanksgiving this year... So a 2 BR in AKV Kidani should be opening up today or tomorrow depending on when I get a hold of MS.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
madaboutMickey
DIS Veteran

We will be at SSR 11/14 - 23 for our first real Thanksgiving stay. Last year DH and I arrived the Sat after T-day and really didn't have any problem with the crowds. This year we have 3 days by ourselves before family joins us. This is a big birthday celebration. My granddaughter and I share the same birthday with Mickey, Nov 18! She will be 6 and I will be 60.
madaboutMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO
We ( the 8 of us) arrive the Monday before and depart the Friday after! We will be at OKW, I am baking 2 turkey breasts and all of the trimmings in my DVC kitchen! We (the adults) will be having dinner out on the lovely patio and the kids by the TV watching football!

2 of us (not I) are golfing in the AM, the day of and the rest are doing the parks in the am! I will be cooking which I thoroughly enjoy! On holidays like this we like to eat around 1pm, that way we can have cold turkey sandwiches late in the evening!

Looking forward to it!
I've cooked multiple Thanksgiving dinners in the villa. It's fun, relaxing and something about being at WDW makes it cozy! Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
thepops
DIS Veteran

ok We've given up our AKV reservation. Hope that helps someone here's Wait list. Enjoy! Tomorrow, find the ADR confirmation numbers and let those go too.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #27
Legomom
Earning My Ears

This will be our first Thanksgiving in Disney. I booked SSR just 2 days ago and was shocked to get it. Although I had to split 2 days in a studio and 2 days in a 1 bedroom. Im good with that. I had extra point this year and this was a good way to use them up.

I figured it would be very crowded so I have prepared myself for that, but we have never been in the parks during the winter holidays so I am beyond excited to see the castle lit up and the osborne lights.

We couldnt get good airfare so we will suck it up and drive from Maryland.

I just cant wait!
Legomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
wvulion
Mouseketeer

We're headed to Disney for the first time for Thanksgiving to watch the West Virginia Mountaineers in the Old Spice Classic. Very excited since the only time I was at WWS was for the Marathon weekend. Not sure how Thanksgiving dinner will go, but we'll see
wvulion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
prayx
Earning My Ears

We are also arriving on thanksgiving. Been to the world 10+ times, but never saw it decorated for a holiday. I am so excited! I know the crowds are busy, but taking it with a grain of salt. I just can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #30
chainkid
DIS Veteran

We are flying down on Tuesday night before TD and staying at Kidani for two nights...all 22 of us and then we have a thanksgiving luncheon at liberty tree tavern planned after which we will check in at the BWV for 10nights all in boardwalk view rooms with one Grand villa. I have do this every three years or so at this time and its perfect. The holiday decorations, the weather and the crowds are perfect for us. We do nothing but enjoy the ambiance at the beginning of the week and then after Thanksgiving we enjoy the lower crowd levels to see what we want . Patriots are palying the jets on thanksgiving so we will have a holiday party at the Grand villa that night. Getting really excited now.
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: