Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #361
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Just wanted to report in, we took a Mears Taxi, (we didn't call it, we took one of the ones waiting at the resort), from the Port Orleans Riverside to the Royal Pacific Hotel, 2 people, and the fare was just shy of $35. I paid $40 with tip.
Thanks for posting this. I was leaning toward a taxi instead of the shuttle for the flexibility and it looks like the price for 3 people comes out to not that much more for the cab; Mears Shuttle, 19.00 per person and taxi - 35.00 per car: sounds good to me. Did you have to call in advance or did the hotel call for you?
smallworldnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #362
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallworldnh View Post
Thanks for posting this. I was leaning toward a taxi instead of the shuttle for the flexibility and it looks like the price for 3 people comes out to not that much more for the cab; Mears Shuttle, 19.00 per person and taxi - 35.00 per car: sounds good to me. Did you have to call in advance or did the hotel call for you?
Nope. :-) Most of the hotels have taxi's sitting in their main parking lots in front of their check in buildings. The Valets in front of the hotel that greet you will just signal one up for you.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #363
aharding
Earning My Ears

Does the Mears Shuttle run on a specific time or just as needed?
aharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #364
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharding View Post
You'd have to set it up 24 hours in advance.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #365
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharding View Post
We took the Mears shuttle to IoA two weeks ago and they told us that in the mornings the shuttles pick up at three times: 6:50, 7:50 and 8:50. In the afternoons, their first pick up is at 3:15 and then every hour after that.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #366
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
We took the Mears shuttle to IoA two weeks ago and they told us that in the mornings the shuttles pick up at three times: 6:50, 7:50 and 8:50. In the afternoons, their first pick up is at 3:15 and then every hour after that.
Good to know...glad to see some kind of regularity with the shuttles.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #367
bobber84
Earning My Ears

Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited recently? Looking for recent reviews on the experience. We have 8 adults wanting to go to Universal from Disney and Dreams Unlimited seems to be the most cost effective, unless anyone has other thoughts. Open for ideas....Thanks in advance!!!
bobber84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #368
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber84
Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited recently? Looking for recent reviews on the experience. We have 8 adults wanting to go to Universal from Disney and Dreams Unlimited seems to be the most cost effective, unless anyone has other thoughts. Open for ideas....Thanks in advance!!!
We used them today! We bought the ticket/transportation package and were very pleased. It was super easy to arrange pickup and the shuttle was right on time. We arrived at IoA at 7:55 and were allowed early entry into WWOHP! The only negative I have is that on out return trip, we had to go to Sea World to pick up, which took a little while, but that is to be expected. Would def recommend!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #369
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

I thought about Disney Dreams Transportation BUT, the reviews said they would have to load and unload people on the return trip in a motorcoach bus. After walking all day the last thing you want is to go to EVERY resort or park to drop off people.

Do mears vans wait in the taxi lanes? We have a party of 6 and as of now taxi's look like the better option for us since car rentals have sky high rates.
rubybpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #370
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Heading to Disney at the end of October and looking to spend the day at Universal on Halloween (The day before my birthday!). We will likely take a taxi since the timing I've heard is better and worth the extra bit it may cost. I saw someone post that there will be taxis outside the hotel pretty much the whole time (We're at All-Star Movies). Is this correct? Or should be call/have the hotel call? Or is it in bad taste to have Disney call us a cab for Universal?
jnoble82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #371
briandclement
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone. I would like to report my experience with Mears. I booked a package on DreamsUnlimited with tickets and roundtrip transfer from wdw to universal. We did it 2 days in a row in september. Very good time to visit as in one day we could have done every single attraction. The transportation was a bit random and can take up longer than a taxi. The drivers dont really care. Im not sur I would do it again.
briandclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #372
misstammy824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandclement
Hey everyone. I would like to report my experience with Mears. I booked a package on DreamsUnlimited with tickets and roundtrip transfer from wdw to universal. We did it 2 days in a row in september. Very good time to visit as in one day we could have done every single attraction. The transportation was a bit random and can take up longer than a taxi. The drivers dont really care. Im not sur I would do it again.
Could you tell me how long it took to get from Universal back to your resort? Were there extra stops along the way? Someone else reported it took 1 hr 20 mins, so I'm trying to gauge if that's a normal, everyday situation. I will be going on a Saturday (only option for us), and I'm considering the transfer since its cheaper than a taxi. Also, and you may not be able to answer this one, but maybe someone else can - if we book, we will be picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we have dinner that evening at Wilderness Lodge. Can I book a pickup at AKL and drop off at WL since they are both Disney resorts?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
misstammy824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #373
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstammy824 View Post
Could you tell me how long it took to get from Universal back to your resort? Were there extra stops along the way? Someone else reported it took 1 hr 20 mins, so I'm trying to gauge if that's a normal, everyday situation. I will be going on a Saturday (only option for us), and I'm considering the transfer since its cheaper than a taxi. Also, and you may not be able to answer this one, but maybe someone else can - if we book, we will be picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we have dinner that evening at Wilderness Lodge. Can I book a pickup at AKL and drop off at WL since they are both Disney resorts?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
I used Mears last month when I went to Islands of Adventure for the day. It took us 1hr and 10 minutes to get back to the WDW Resort. We had two stops (Sea World and a Water Park) and then we had three stops around Disney Resorts before getting to our final destination.

Our original pick up location was Animal Kingdom Lodge but we wanted to head to MK after our day at Universal. We asked if they could drop us off at the Contemporary Resort and that was not an issue. We made the request when we originally called to make our reservation for the shuttle.

Hope it helps!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #374
Msd125
Earning My Ears

Taxi vs. Mears to Universal

We will be going with our two grown sons and their girlfriends in July. Does anyone know if there are cabs for 6 or is Mears the only option?
Msd125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #375
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msd125
We will be going with our two grown sons and their girlfriends in July. Does anyone know if there are cabs for 6 or is Mears the only option?
There are cabs for 6 from Mears (not shuttles) that I know of I called and got a quote from our resort.
rubybpc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: