Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
kikiw
Earning My Ears

We'll be checking in to a lm room Oct 27 until Nov 8. SO excited!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #47
Bottzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
LM Oct 3-6, just before a RC cruise... can't wait! A free day, a day of Universal, a day of Magic Kingdom, a day of rest, then a week-long cruise.
Sounds wonderful!!
Bottzz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #48
Bottzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiw View Post
We'll be checking in to a lm room Oct 27 until Nov 8. SO excited!
We will be there too 10/29 - 11/3!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #49
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Checking in for one night before POFQ. Want to check out the new resort. LM room. 10-20-12

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #50
PixieDustSparkles
Earning My Ears

Coming soon!

We'll be at Cars 10/19-10/23. I can't wait!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #51
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Just one night there for us on 10/13 prior to our 10 night DVC stay. I just couldn't resist.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #52
Bottzz
Mouseketeer

Received our Mickey mail yesterday!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #53
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

getting close!

We are not going in October, but after October is November!! And we arrive Nov 2-6 and are staying in a Finding Nemo suite for my son's 5th birthday!
If anyone has any room location suggestions please let me know - if a particular location is better than another - I would appreciate any suggestions!
Enjoy all you October AoAers!!!!!

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #54
Tallync
Earning My Ears

Checked in to AoA today! Just some facts: We were the first stop on DME. I did online check in and I'm glad I did. There was a ton of people in the regular check in line. We walked right up to the counter for online and were headed to our room in a couple minutes. We're in the Cars suite and I think it's beautiful. We're on the sofa bed right now and it's comfortable with my husband and I. The table bed is comfy, but at 5'2 if I was any taller my feet would hang off. We haven't been to the food court yet so no info on that. Any one have any questions for us? There will be 4 of us plus my infant son so I may have an answer or try to find one!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #55
Bottzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallync View Post
Checked in to AoA today! Just some facts: We were the first stop on DME. I did online check in and I'm glad I did. There was a ton of people in the regular check in line. We walked right up to the counter for online and were headed to our room in a couple minutes. We're in the Cars suite and I think it's beautiful. We're on the sofa bed right now and it's comfortable with my husband and I. The table bed is comfy, but at 5'2 if I was any taller my feet would hang off. We haven't been to the food court yet so no info on that. Any one have any questions for us? There will be 4 of us plus my infant son so I may have an answer or try to find one!

Thanks for the update!! I am so excited to hear about your trip What floor are you on ?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #56
Tallync
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottzz

Thanks for the update!! I am so excited to hear about your trip What floor are you on ?
We are on the third floor out of four. I'm surprised at how thin the walls and floors are. Our room is right next to the elevator and at first I though that was good, but now I feel otherwise. We could hear everyone returning to the floor unless they were quiet. Request a top floor and try to be away from the elevator. The food court is busy late at night (8pm) because people coming back from parks maybe? Nemo pool looked busy but Cozy Cone was practically deserted. More to come!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #57
ROK
Earning My Ears

We just checked out of LM bldg 8 4th floor on Saturday. People weren't kidding . It's a haul from that part of the resort to the main bldg. still, we loved out stay. Even our two year old went with the flow. The dining area has some kinks to work out and I was disappointed that they lonely had unhealthy drink choices for the mugs but my mom came one day and we drove to Walmart to get mio and some juice boxes for the kids. I just had diet green tea or ice water with lemon from the drink station. Really want to stay in the cars suite next time. If you buy groceries and have a child under three, get some bread and you can toast it in the dining area. That saved us a lot of time. Biggest complaint was spotty wifi because I was still working and I needed to get online everyday and didn't want to pay extra for the business center. Epcot had a great wifi connection in the Land pavilion . Go figure!
ROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
ROK
Earning My Ears

Sorry about all the typos!
ROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #59
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

My brother and family are just back from 9 nights at AoA Ariel section. They loved it, but said storage is a real issue. They said there was just no where to put anything and they really wished the dresser had more and bigger drawers. My SIL said she wished would have brought one or two of those hanging shelf things. They also said the room was pretty small, but it was okay because they weren't in it much. My brother's biggest complaint was having to walk all the way to the food court in the morning for coffee, he could not believe there was no coffee maker in the room. He said the walk to the main building wasn't that bad, but in the morning, having to walk over there for coffee or breakfast items wasn't great and it seemed a lot farther after a long day in the parks walking from the bus stops. He thinks each section should have it's own bus stop. They did like it though and the kids LOVED the Nemo pool. They also said they thought the food in the food court was really, really good.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I am there for one night only, Oct 20, before switching to a DVC room.

I guess I am the only one here, where they cannot tell me what section I will be in? It is so odd, I made this reservation in early May. At that time, they said they could not specify a section. OK. I called back in late August, to ask for Cars.

I was told I have a family suite, I said yes...... and the CM told me over and over, I was in an UNthemed building at Art of A!! I politely said, I do not think they HAVE any of those.... She insisted, and would not give me to a supervisor. So I called back, and got another CM, who said it will be themed, but no idea until I checkin as to the section.

I will roll with it, since it is only one night, but still annoying. I would assume we will get Lion King, least desirable.

Edit: I just did online checkin, thought that might tell us our section, but no.

Last edited by PatMcDuck; 10-10-2012 at 04:13 PM.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: