Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
megbro
Earning My Ears

Liberty Tree Tavern or Ohana...or neither!

We are thinking of canceling our Ohana reservation on Monday October 22 in order to stay in Magic Kingdom for Wishes at 9. Our Ohana reservation is at 940. Would we be able to make it?

Our other option would be Liberty Tree Tavern at 8. Would we be able to see anything here? Is it good? My boyfriend is gonna be so sad to miss out on Ohana though!
megbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Wishes lasts about 15 minutes, and then you have to allow for time to get out of the park and onto the boat or monorail, then over to the Poly. You would really be pushing it to make that ressie if you wanted to stay in the park for the show, and if it were me I wouldn't attempt it...even if I watched the show from the train station at the front of the park. LTT will offer very limited viewing, if any, of the fireworks. I would suggest keeping your ressie at Ohana and watching the show from the beach at the Poly beforehand. Then you can just stroll on over to check in for dinner.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I agree with parkhopping. I highly doubt that you could make your Ohana ADR in time if you were watching Wishes from the park.

A LTT ADR at that time would mean that you were probably still eating when Wishes starts. Or if you were done in time, you wouldn't have a very good view from Liberty Square.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

It's likely you'd still be in LTT, or just walking out when wishes starts. And, because of where LTT is located in the park, you'll be in a not-so-prime location to see the show.

As parkhopping suggests, a better option would be to got to the Poly early and head towards the beach. The beach view of wishes is pretty good. When it's over, around 9:15, you can casually make your way to 'Ohana.
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigInPA View Post
It's likely you'd still be in LTT, or just walking out when wishes starts. And, because of where LTT is located in the park, you'll be in a not-so-prime location to see the show.

As parkhopping suggests, a better option would be to got to the Poly early and head towards the beach. The beach view of wishes is pretty good. When it's over, around 9:15, you can casually make your way to 'Ohana.
I agree with Craig. Dont miss out on LTT if possible though as it a good meal also
Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
stormer
DIS Veteran

I would leave MK early and watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. It is our favorite spot to watch Wishes. You can hang out on a lounge chair and relax while you watch and then make your way to 'Ohanas.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: