Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #751
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer
 
ILikeWaffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 170

I really enjoyed following your dining report. You gave me some ideas about which cupcakes I might like to try in 50 days.
__________________
ASMU - Oct. 2000
POFQ - Nov. 2003
POR-RGR/RPR - Dec. 2012
ASMO -Feb. 2014




ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #752
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
NoOrdinaryPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,410

Apologies for my inattentiveness to your DR. I've been ill (right before travel, of course).

I loved your highlights and wish list. Is it bad that I'm already composing my wish list for my next trip, and I'll be in the World in 2 days?

I might have a problem. I hope you get back soon for more DRs.
__________________

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #753
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas
 
Linda67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,538

I loved seeing your list of places and dishes you want to try on your next trip

I always have a list on the go and I'm pretty sure I will never get through everything on it, and that's why we keep going back
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #754
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Posts: 1,129

Mr. DDW,

Thanks for the great review! I always love reading your reports with the great pictures you take. I will actually be in Philly on October 19th. We will be near 35 and Market for an appointment. I wish we would actually have time to get lunch somewhere good while we are there knowing you mentioned all those places earlier in your report. Oh well, what are ya gonna do??? Here's to hoping you can plan another trip soon.
__________________
Me , DH ,DS(15) ,DD(12)
Me: June '72 Contemp,July '80 Fw, June '84 FW, xmas/New Year '85-'86 off prop
Me & DH: Nov '93 off prop (parent's house), May '94 off prop-Disneymoon, Nov '98 off prop (parent's house)
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #755
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪
 
happy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wonderland/Pennsylvania
Posts: 763

So excited to try some of those.
__________________
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #756
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
THANK YOU so much for indulging us in your wish list - this was PERFECT!!

Your choices do not surprise too much - BOG is tops on my list for sure. I'm a fan of LC as long as they keep the petite filet on the lunch menu! I don't use the DP so I'm not worried about credit value. When I saw the price on the dinner menu for the cheddar soup I was surprised to see $9!! But then I remembered that I gladly pay $10 or $11 for the Smokey Portobello Soup at AP!

As for WCC... the concept sounds good but I just don't see enough things that look appealing to me to make it worth $33! Although I like the idea of a dessert sampler.

Thank you again DDW!
The more I hear about BOG, the more excited I am to try it! And I agree with you about my list - overall, the choices aren't too unexpected (BOG is on everyone's radar at the moment), but personally I'm surprised by how much I want to try WCC. Lunch might be more worth it, simply because it's cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWaffles View Post
I really enjoyed following your dining report. You gave me some ideas about which cupcakes I might like to try in 50 days.
Cupcakes have become such a huge part of the WDW experience, simply because they're everywhere now. If you end up trying some of these, I hope you enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Apologies for my inattentiveness to your DR. I've been ill (right before travel, of course).

I loved your highlights and wish list. Is it bad that I'm already composing my wish list for my next trip, and I'll be in the World in 2 days?

I might have a problem. I hope you get back soon for more DRs.
I know I've written this elsewhere, but I hope your trip is going really well! And I think it's perfectly fine to have a food wish list for your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I loved seeing your list of places and dishes you want to try on your next trip

I always have a list on the go and I'm pretty sure I will never get through everything on it, and that's why we keep going back
You're so right about these 'lists'! It's always nice to have something to look forward to (whether it's a new attraction or the latest snack addition ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
Mr. DDW,

Thanks for the great review! I always love reading your reports with the great pictures you take. I will actually be in Philly on October 19th. We will be near 35 and Market for an appointment. I wish we would actually have time to get lunch somewhere good while we are there knowing you mentioned all those places earlier in your report. Oh well, what are ya gonna do??? Here's to hoping you can plan another trip soon.
Hopefully you'll have time to get something delicious in Philly! I'm so excited for the 19th, because after class I'll be headed back to NY for the weekend. I hope the appointment goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
So excited to try some of those.
Your trip is growing closer and closer - I hope you have a great time, full of delicious food!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #757
nanienamou
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 462

Oh no, I'm sad to see this review finished. Love your dining wish list - at least it can help cope until your next trip.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #758
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402

I've had a weird busy week so I'm glad to see that you did indeed add your wish list!! BOG is tops on my list as well just like most people! I'm not planning another trip back to WDW until September of next year so hopefully the newness will die down a little bit by then. To be honest, I'm one of the LC lovers and even if it's two credits I will likely still eat here. I'm thinking of getting the deluxe plan just for this reason!

When my sister and I stayed at WL we had an ADR for WCC but we ended up canceling it. I would actually give this place a shot as well but we just had something else in mind. I also think I'd go for lunch to save a little money. I never seem to get my money's worth at buffets or the all you can eat places!

Great list and it's made me start thinking more about mine too. I'm going to write it down right now!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #759
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Oh no, I'm sad to see this review finished. Love your dining wish list - at least it can help cope until your next trip.
Yeah, I wish I had more to say, but this is really it for now. At least you'll be starting your reviews really soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I've had a weird busy week so I'm glad to see that you did indeed add your wish list!! BOG is tops on my list as well just like most people! I'm not planning another trip back to WDW until September of next year so hopefully the newness will die down a little bit by then. To be honest, I'm one of the LC lovers and even if it's two credits I will likely still eat here. I'm thinking of getting the deluxe plan just for this reason!

When my sister and I stayed at WL we had an ADR for WCC but we ended up canceling it. I would actually give this place a shot as well but we just had something else in mind. I also think I'd go for lunch to save a little money. I never seem to get my money's worth at buffets or the all you can eat places!

Great list and it's made me start thinking more about mine too. I'm going to write it down right now!
Agreed on BOG and LC - they're definitely two of my highest priorities right now. The 2-credit thing isn't going to scare me away from LC, especially since I see some great appetizers that I could enjoy OOP.

As for WCC, when I wrote up that list, I was definitely interested in trying dinner (mainly for the fish and the jalapeño-lime cheesecake). But all of the reviews for the updated dinner menu have been disappointing (primarily this one, and some other random posts). At least lunch is less costly (and some of the dishes sound really good, such as the bacon & egg burger or the smoked salmon quesadilla).

I'm looking forward to seeing your updated list eventually.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #760
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Hi, can I ask you a quick question? I was just pricing out the dining plan and park tickets for my trip and I noticed the price has gone up again. Can you tell me if you think the plan is still a good deal? Did you pay out of pocket or use the deluxe or premium plan? My husband is suggesting that because we can never eat all the food of the DDP that perhaps we should just use our kitchen and pay out of pocket for meals. Thoughts?
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #761
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi, can I ask you a quick question? I was just pricing out the dining plan and park tickets for my trip and I noticed the price has gone up again. Can you tell me if you think the plan is still a good deal? Did you pay out of pocket or use the deluxe or premium plan? My husband is suggesting that because we can never eat all the food of the DDP that perhaps we should just use our kitchen and pay out of pocket for meals. Thoughts?
We typically pay OOP and use the Tables in Wonderland discount. But even without the discount, I think OOP can often be a better choice than the DDP depending on your eating habits.

We've occasionally used the DDP and DxDP, and I can say we definitely order differently when we've payed for the plan. We feel pressured to order more expensive dishes (such as steak, even if we felt like something else) in order to justify the amount spent per credit. In addition, some restaurants (such as Beaches & Cream and many of the cheaper TS locations) are terrible values on the DDP, but they're a good choice if paying OOP. As you pointed out, the DDP grows more expensive each year, which makes it harder and harder to justify. So I definitely think it's possible to pay OOP, order what you feel like, and come out ahead.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #762
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer
 
showers2flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 111

Late to the party (dining reports are new to me, but they're slowly sucking me in ), but I gotta say, if I had any remaining doubt about our choice of resort for our upcoming first trip, it has been completely erased by your report and pictures of the food choices at AKL. Oh my gosh, soooo much I want to try!

I sort of skipped and picked the AKL portions of your report but now I'm going back to read the rest.
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #763
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,956

Mr. DDW I'm just here to say that I wish you had a trip planned soon because I really miss your reviews. I think you need to celebrate "Have a Party with Your Bear Day" on November 16th. (Look it up, it's for real!)

Maybe your professors will understand the desire of your DisBoard fans to get our fix. Hope all is well.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #764
Ro Z
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salisbury, MA
Posts: 2,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
We typically pay OOP and use the Tables in Wonderland discount. But even without the discount, I think OOP can often be a better choice than the DDP depending on your eating habits.

We've occasionally used the DDP and DxDP, and I can say we definitely order differently when we've payed for the plan. We feel pressured to order more expensive dishes (such as steak, even if we felt like something else) in order to justify the amount spent per credit. In addition, some restaurants (such as Beaches & Cream and many of the cheaper TS locations) are terrible values on the DDP, but they're a good choice if paying OOP. As you pointed out, the DDP grows more expensiv each year, which makes it harder and harder to justify. So I definitely think it's possible to pay OOP, order what you feel like, and come out ahead.
Great tip. I agree! We do eat differant if we are on a plan. And that may not save $$ in the long run. You prob spend more on tips. We only do Ddp during FW. The snack credits are great then! Otherwise our tables card saves us more $$!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #765
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by showers2flowers View Post
Late to the party (dining reports are new to me, but they're slowly sucking me in ), but I gotta say, if I had any remaining doubt about our choice of resort for our upcoming first trip, it has been completely erased by your report and pictures of the food choices at AKL. Oh my gosh, soooo much I want to try!

I sort of skipped and picked the AKL portions of your report but now I'm going back to read the rest.
I hope you enjoy whichever restaurants you try at AKL! Overall, I think AKL has one of the strongest restaurant collections of any Disney resort. Even Sanaa (which is my least favorite of AKL's dining locations) gets great reviews around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Mr. DDW I'm just here to say that I wish you had a trip planned soon because I really miss your reviews. I think you need to celebrate "Have a Party with Your Bear Day" on November 16th. (Look it up, it's for real!)

Maybe your professors will understand the desire of your DisBoard fans to get our fix. Hope all is well.
What a great suggestion! By mid-November I'll definitely need a break from schoolwork, so it sounds like a perfect time for a trip.

Things are going pretty well (but they'll be even better once I'm done with midterms ). I wish I had some Disney updates to provide, but in some ways it's good that I don't (that time can be spent studying instead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Great tip. I agree! We do eat differant if we are on a plan. And that may not save $$ in the long run. You prob spend more on tips. We only do Ddp during FW. The snack credits are great then! Otherwise our tables card saves us more $$!
Thanks for the info! I rarely think about the tip factor, but you're right - ordering more expensive dishes (such as steak instead of chicken/seafood) would definitely raise OOP costs as well. And F&W seems like the best time to use snack credits - some of the 'snacks' cost $6-7!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: