Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #18
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

Not to get overly philosophical here, but sometimes it helps. I understand the overwhelming feelings of vaction expenses as they relate to unexpected and daily expenses. It can be a real bummer when you think of it all. Right now I'm dealing with paying for 3 vacations in the upcoming year - yikes!.

But, how I look at it is why are we working so hard? Why do we get up early and trudge to our jobs and put up with whatever? Why do I cut coupons and look for sales and think twice about buying certain items? Just so I can pay bills and give money to other people / companies?! There has to be more. Why do all this if once a year or so my family and I can take some time off to enjoy ourselves and do what we want to do and have a week away from all the stress and presssures we face everyday? Many of us work hard and we deserve to splurge on ourselves every so often...

My grandfather died when my dad was 17 (I never met him). My dad told me my grandfather worked hard every day putting in long hours and kept talking about everything he would do when he retires and was waiting until then to truly enjoy himself. Well, unfortunately he never got to retire. That stuck with my dad his entire life and growing up he was responsible and hard working, but always made sure to make the time to enjoy life and do things with his family instead of waiting until the "perfect" time, because very rarely does that perfect time happen.

You sound like a hard-working and very responsible person. You will be fine. Try not to worry so much and enjoy yourself. I think a large portion of the fun of a trip is the planning and anticipating...don't take that away from yourself. It may take some time to play catch up, but things will work out.

Take care and have a great trip!
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: