DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #316
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

I hate going this time of year for that reason WDW. Weather. Leave jersey at 65 n rain to enjoy 85 degree heaven. To come home to it again.
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Disjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #317
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

To everyone coming down this weekend and next week...

You're welcome. We got October's entire quota for rain this week. It couldn't possibly rain a drop next week. Donations accepted via PayPal (j/k!!!).
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #318
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Not quite starry night now, but the HalloWishes should be held!
You did the right thing last night by going to the TOTWL. Fireworks were late (as you know) and the park was miserable with rain. We had fun, though, mainly because we went late and the crowd was basically gone.

Looks like everybody's going tonight. It actually turned pretty nice just an hour or so ago. Good luck. Our turn to watch you guys from the TOTWL tonight.

Have fun!
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #319
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Sorrry the rains have been bad down there. I hope it stops for you all, and I really hope it stops before we get down there.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #320
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

Just went to your trip report; it's amazing!!!!!! I will be looking forward to reading more!!

Well let's see if "we" sleep tonight. I know already tomorrow night will be a joke....I mean, the next day...I'll be at Walt Disney World!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #321
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Sorrry the rains have been bad down there. I hope it stops for you all, and I really hope it stops before we get down there.
Sorry for all the rain this week. But I've been checking the Weather Channel for Orlando and it's not looking too bad for next week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. I was there this past June; right when Debbie was hovering over Orlando for 4 days. I've NEVER been to WDW and have had it rain as much as it did then. I mean we're talking the entire day now! My umbrella and poncho were my best friends!

Last edited by Ms. WDW; 10-05-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #322
Cee
DIS Veteran

Have fun, Linda! Weather should be better for you. Our weather was AWFUL. But we were not deterred. Here are my recommendations:

Fife and Drum in American Adventure: Red Stag Honey Tea Lemonade

Canada: "Le Cellier" Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter mushrooms

Florida Kiosk: Shrimp Cerviche

Morrocco: Beef pocket

And all the other already known delights such as the Fisherman's Pie, Lamb Meatball, etc.

Eat up, folks! It's all HEAVENLY. Enjoy!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #323
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Have fun, Linda! Weather should be better for you. Our weather was AWFUL. But we were not deterred. Here are my recommendations:

Fife and Drum in American Adventure: Red Stag Honey Tea Lemonade

Canada: "Le Cellier" Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter mushrooms

Florida Kiosk: Shrimp Cerviche

Morrocco: Beef pocket

And all the other already known delights such as the Fisherman's Pie, Lamb Meatball, etc.

Eat up, folks! It's all HEAVENLY. Enjoy!
OMG are you home already???? I'm so sorry about all that rain That's how it was in June for me. What else did you all do??
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #324
Ms. WDW

Well my friends, the time has finally arrived!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning very early to catch a 6:30 am flight. Yes; I know....my room will probably not be ready but who cares???? I've got my carry on packed with a bathing suit and flip flops.

For all traveling tomorrow or shortly after that...thank you for counting down the days with me. Not sure if I'll get a trip report done while I'm there, not bringing the laptop. But I'll have my Droid so you never know!!!

Here's some pixi dust for everyone..... and see you all in a week. But you realize I won't be sleeping tonight so I'll probabaly be back here tonight!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #325
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
You did the right thing last night by going to the TOTWL. Fireworks were late (as you know) and the park was miserable with rain. We had fun, though, mainly because we went late and the crowd was basically gone.

Looks like everybody's going tonight. It actually turned pretty nice just an hour or so ago. Good luck. Our turn to watch you guys from the TOTWL tonight.

Have fun!
Yes, we were there last night! Crowds weren't bad, and fireworks were even better seeing them inside the park. The candy bags were full for DS's family! DH & I did fine, but all 5 of theirs were full to the brim!

I hope you enjoyed seeing them from TTOWL!

Linda & I never did connect in person, but we did chat a bit on phone!

Bobbi
Old 10-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #326
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. WDW
Well my friends, the time has finally arrived!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning very early to catch a 6:30 am flight. Yes; I know....my room will probably not be ready but who cares???? I've got my carry on packed with a bathing suit and flip flops.

For all traveling tomorrow or shortly after that...thank you for counting down the days with me. Not sure if I'll get a trip report done while I'm there, not bringing the laptop. But I'll have my Droid so you never know!!!

Here's some pixi dust for everyone..... and see you all in a week. But you realize I won't be sleeping tonight so I'll probabaly be back here tonight!
Have a great trip!!!!

We are down to 6 sleeps and I can hardly stand it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #327
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Arrived today and walked around once hitting a couple stands, heavy sun-downpour now
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #328
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We have 6 more sleeps as well. We leave bright at early Friday morning at 4am. We'll see if we can do the whole 16 hour drive in one day. We don't check into BLT though until Saturday morning so we can stop wherever we want on the drive down for the night.

Sorry so many people got rained on this past week. Hopefully this week is better for everyone and the rest of the month as well!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #329
Ms. WDW

At the airport!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #330
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA
We have 6 more sleeps as well. We leave bright at early Friday morning at 4am. We'll see if we can do the whole 16 hour drive in one day. We don't check into BLT though until Saturday morning so we can stop wherever we want on the drive down for the night.

Sorry so many people got rained on this past week. Hopefully this week is better for everyone and the rest of the month as well!
We don't check into BLT until Sunday (staying off-site using Starwood points for first 2 nights) Maybe we will see you there! Have a safe drive

I feel bad for those who were there as well. It sounds like most of them didn't let it bring their spirits down though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: