Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"] They brought us ONE platter to share, which we did, and we asked for more chicken - to which they brought us 2 more legs and then charged us for TWO orders of the platter. Seriously? We only had ONE!!
They would only bring one skillet but it was loaded with food for the number of people eating from it. Since it was all-you-care-to-eat they would bring more of anything you want. They didn't bring much so it wouldn't go do waste but they would bring more as many times as you would like.

So even though there was one actual skillet it was filled with food for two and you were charged accordingly.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"]They brought us ONE platter to share, which we did, and we asked for more chicken - to which they brought us 2 more legs and then charged us for TWO orders of the platter. Seriously? We only had ONE!!
The platter is an all you care to eat meal that is charged per person. If they brought the first platter for the two of you, and all you cared to eat was the one platter, you would still be charged based on the number of people sharing the platter. That is why you were charged for two people. If there had been four people who only cared to eat the amount of food on the first platter, the charge would be for four people. It's not really a good value if you are a light eater.

I typically only go to WCC for lunch because there aren't as many antics going on, and I didn't order the platter anyway, so I will probably continue to dine there.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
suzannews
Bon Jovi rocks!
Proud Mom to Lindsey Megan :)
Someone stole my Mickey antenna topper!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoagainsoon View Post
I know there is a thread on here but I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents.

We went last night to WCC, it was horrible. We had been in the past and it was one of our favorite meals. This menu change is very disappointing. The food was bland and overall just terrible. The desserts are a joke and you don't even get to pick which one you want -- they just put one in front of you. Who was the genius that picked this new menu?? Jalapeño cheesecake...yea it's that gross! Lol

On the plus side our server was good. I told him we were disappointed, he said he personally has not gotten a lot of complaints about the new menu, but he would let management know we were not impressed. Either other people have never been before the menu change or they like crappy food!

He said they changed the menu to allow guests to get in and out faster because resort guests were complaining they could never get a table. Well, if they keep this menu, I think there will be lots of tables available.
Please write a letter or send an email.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #19
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Last time we were in the world we were so impressed just by the smell of it that we tried to get in (even though it would have been oop when we were on QS free dining) and couldn't. We were actually very excited to go there on our upcoming trip until we read about the menu changes and quickly decided that it was no longer worth even a DDP credit.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #20
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoagainsoon View Post
Jalapeño cheesecake...yea it's that gross! Lol

O
But how did you like the shrimp ice cream?

Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
Trollingforthimbles
Mouseketeer

I don't understand the logic behind this menu change. It sounds like a disaster. We were considering going there in January, but I think we might have to rethink that now
Trollingforthimbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Well, I have to tell you,I'm glad I canceled after the menu change. I was really looking forward to the OLD menu. & the dessert does not sound good @ all.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
letsgoagainsoon
North Central PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannews View Post
Please write a letter or send an email.
I think I might. Not because I want anything owed to me just to let them know how disappointing the change is.
August '96 - Off Property; September '01- All Star Music; October '04 - All Star Movies; July '05 - Pop Century; September '06 - Pop Century; April '07 - Pop Century; September '08 - Movies; September '09 - Pop Century; September '10 - Pop Century; September '11- Pop Century; September '12 - Coronado Springs
letsgoagainsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
letsgoagainsoon
North Central PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
But how did you like the shrimp ice cream?

Delish!
August '96 - Off Property; September '01- All Star Music; October '04 - All Star Movies; July '05 - Pop Century; September '06 - Pop Century; April '07 - Pop Century; September '08 - Movies; September '09 - Pop Century; September '10 - Pop Century; September '11- Pop Century; September '12 - Coronado Springs
letsgoagainsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

I don't understand the logic of "we went to the skillet to make people get out faster so resort guests could get in." Why not leave a couple spots open for resort guests instead of changing the whole menu??????? Not everyone wants the skillet!!!!!

Are they going to do this at 'Ohana and Kona Cafe too? Have you ever tried to get in there??? It is the same problem. This isn't looking good for other restaurants.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
I don't understand the logic of "we went to the skillet to make people get out faster so resort guests could get in." Why not leave a couple spots open for resort guests instead of changing the whole menu??????? Not everyone wants the skillet!!!!!

Are they going to do this at 'Ohana and Kona Cafe too? Have you ever tried to get in there??? It is the same problem. This isn't looking good for other restaurants.

Maggie
Well, Ohana is basically that way already - the food isn't cooked to order, it is continuously prepared and served. And I don't think they could do that to Kona because that would leave the Polynesian without any traditional, cooked to order table service dining and I don't believe that would go over well in a deluxe-level resort.

People book WCC for the gimmick which puts it in the same realm as the character restaurants - food is secondary to the experience and is an easy target for cutbacks. Gimmick restaurants seldom have great food even in the real world, and that is even more true of gimmick restaurants at Disney World.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, the dessert is a Jalapeno-Lime Cheesecake... the lime to me makes it sound SLIGHTLY more appetizing?!?!

Also, check this out: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-lime-cheesecake/

I personally have not tried it but this recipe makes it sound not so bad...
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #28
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post

Maggie
Because holding tables is something a real deluxe hotel chain does not Disney.

This is really just an excuse to run more guests through. Disney is trying to hide behind "someone asked for it"
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #29
wed100105
Mouseketeer

Bumping this up to see if anyone else could chime in since it's been a couple of months.

We are going in late January and have reservations at WCC based on the old menu, which sounded delish to us. We ate at Trails End in July and liked it, but was really hoping for WCC.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
VLee
DIS Veteran

We just stayed 6 days there and did not eat at WCC the entire time. The buffet meal is too expensive and if I spend that kind of money, I will eat elsewhere. If they had offfered a la carte at evenings, we probably would have eaten there.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: