Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

You leave stuff behind when you ride the rides at your own risk. If you wouldn't leave it unattended in your stroller or wheelchair at a shopping mall don't leave it unattended at WDW.

Each person has to decide the risk for themselves. How upset would you be to not have whatever it is if it was taken? How easy is that item to replace? Answering those questions may help decide what you should do.

Oh, and I'm the trusting sort who had her camera taken out of the stroller while at WDW. Thank goodness it was the first day, and I hardly had any WDW pics on it. Though I did lose all my Tim McGraw concert pics.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurMinnieFamily
I think it's easy to think "It's Disney, nothing bad will happen" .... but people are people and do and will steal. I'd either put it under and cover it or leave it in the room.
Ditto.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

i think there was a time we had to bring our buzz lightyear toy on everyride for our son. he just wouldn't part with him-loved it. never had a problem. no one made us leave it behind.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Mousekeeping will usually do something fun with any stuffed animals left in your hotel room if you are staying on property. We're had them in the window, playing, watching tv, wearing sunglasses, etc.

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
my daughter is determined to bring a dressed build a bear with her in the parks. obviously some of the time it would not be able to go on the rides and have to wait in her wheelchair. Or on a lounger at discovery cove. How likely is it that someone would take it if we left it unattended?
My feeling is that it is relatively safe but my rule is that I do not bring anything that it would be difficult to replace. I am guessing in the case of the bear it might cause a great deal of upset and so I would suggest to my children that the bear stay and watch the hotel room.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

I used to be the trusting kind of person but last trip, I made a sign on the computer that had a cartoon monorail and the words "Mason's Monorail" to put on our stroller. I slipped it into one of those plastic page sleeves and zip tied it to our stroller. Somebody stole the sign out of the sleeve when we went to Epcot. There is no way I am leaving anything in the stroller anymore if people will stoop to stealing a paper sign.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
Julie711
DIS Veteran

We have never had anything taken ( knock on wood) but I would hide any valuables under the stroller in the net storage with maybe a blanket or jacket over it!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
jujube
DIS Veteran

Saw a woman taing to security. Both her camera and video camera had been taken from her stroller. I would not take anything that I can't either carry onto a ride or that would fit into a purse/backack.
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
kohlby
DIS Veteran

We've never had anything stolen. But, that being said, it's not worth it to risk it with valuables. We do take our camera with us on rides. We leave the diaper bag with extra clothes, snacks, diapers, etc, on the stroller in plain view and never had an issue. If someone took that stuff though, it's all easily replacable.

I do think things are less likely to be stolen at Disney because many of the stroller parking areas have CM's there. But less likely doesn't mean not at all.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlby View Post
...I do think things are less likely to be stolen at Disney because many of the stroller parking areas have CM's there. But less likely doesn't mean not at all.
But the CMs don't know who owns which stroller. And they wouldn't know if it was just a guest removing something from their own stroller.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #26
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I agree with the others. Either take it with you on the ride, or leave it in the hotel room.
Even if some small child happens upon it and picks it up, and their parents eventually realize they have it and take it to the lost and found, it will take a while for you to get it back. Not worth the hassle on vacation, in my opinion.

Even if almost every person that goes to Disney doesn't steal, it only takes one who does to make your vacation miserable, and the odds, sadly, aren't that good.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
my daughter is determined to bring a dressed build a bear with her in the parks. obviously some of the time it would not be able to go on the rides and have to wait in her wheelchair. Or on a lounger at discovery cove. How likely is it that someone would take it if we left it unattended?
I never carry a tote that doesn't have a zipper. That way, I can close it up to further ensure that whatever is inside, will not fall out nor can anybody grab anything out of it either.
As far as discovery cove: I was concerned about this too. As we will have our expensive canon camera as well as a small, but expensive camcorder along at DC. I know things are unattended on a lounger if you are doing the do
Dolphin swim, as well as all the other stuff there is to do there and I thought it was a huge pain to always have to be running to the lockers they provide.
So, we rented a private cabana, which have locked lockers within the cabana. So, if we chose to not have our camera or camcorder with us all the time, they are safely locked away in our private cabana. I don't think I would do it any other way! The cost of the cabana wasn't that much, and worth it if it keeps your valuables safe!
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #28
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Our pal Mickey was stolen from our stroller in about 3 minutes. That was how quickly we realized he'd been set back down in the back of the stroller while I grabbed gloves.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
Celidh
DIS Veteran

My partner and I were just discussing this during our recent trip. I couldn't believe the amount of people who left items that could be stolen in their strollers while on rides etc.

Maybe they are naive or I am cynical but I wouldn't leave anything of value or hard to replace in my stroller.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would you leave it unattended for periods of time in a mall or other public place with lots of people and action around? I sure wouldn't. Neither is Disney any safer from thefts than any other place

I've seen all sorts of things left in strollers at Disney, and it makes me wonder if people totally turn off their brains while they are there. Sure, most don't get stolen, but it sure does happen. Don't leave anything behind that you would care about if it did get taken.

I sat my refillable mug on the top of a fast pass machine while getting my fast pass, turned around went about 10 ft. remembered it, went to get it and it was gone - just that fast - never saw anyone close by - they left very quickly, or more likely quickly stuffed it into a bag and saw me looking for it Was totally my fault though!

It would most likely upset your dd very much to lose her bear, so I would not be bringing it into the parks, unless you are prepared to hang onto it every minute.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: