Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran
 
BurleyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 542

Disregard my previous post...I went back to the Priceline site and see that it states we do receive those privileges. Sorry to jump the gun and not do the research before I fired off my question!!!
__________________
me DH DS15:
One day at DW for the 25thOne day at DL for the 40th!
Poly October '03--DS4 first trip
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
Disregard my previous post...I went back to the Priceline site and see that it states we do receive those privileges. Sorry to jump the gun and not do the research before I fired off my question!!!
Anyone who stays at the hotel gets those perks. The only thing you won't get is Loews Youfirst credits because you are booking through a third party.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
tlinus
Proud Redhead
Johnny Depp sexy transcends all generations!!!!
we should have just bagged it
 
tlinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Outside Philly, PA
Posts: 3,125

done and done



http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002437
__________________
tlinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinus View Post

yay!!!!!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
sweetdana
DIS Veteran
 
sweetdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,734

Went back and upgraded to Portifino and added a night..
Crazy I know 04/05-04/09 299 a night. through priceline.
__________________
There is only 1 thing I love more than holding my DD's hand.. It is holding her hand and watching her grow up. ... added a new DD for double the fun!


sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
LJF
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 107

These Priceline rates are just too good to pass up!

Now I need to decide if a want to take advantage of a $580.00 savings or upgrade to Club for the same price I was paying for 1 std and 1 water view room.

Still waiting for AP/AAA/SMSM rates but I think these Priceline rates might be hard to beat. (I wonder if this means I would forfeit the free internet YouFirst benefit, any thoughts? )

Last edited by LJF; 10-06-2012 at 12:08 AM.
LJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJF View Post
These Priceline rates are just too good to pass up!

Now I need to decide if a want to take advantage of a $580.00 savings or upgrade to Club for the same price I was paying for 1 std and 1 water view room.

Still waiting for AP/AAA/SMSM rates but I think these Priceline rates might be hard to beat. (I wonder if this means I would forfeit the free internet YouFirst benefit, any thoughts? )
I think you still get your benefits, you just don't receive any credit for the stay. So you may get bumped down a level for next year if you haven't already earned enough credits for the year.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,594

I was just looking at the Priceline rates, and it says the rooms are booked for double occupancy. There are four in the our family (two are kids, so there would not normally be an extra charge for them) - would we still get four room keys or just two?

I did call Loews to see if they would match the Priceline rate and they won't. I don't want to get there and only have two room keys, even if we have space for four people.

Does anyone know if getting four keys would be a problem? There is no place on the Priceline form to indicate the number of people.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #24
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I was just looking at the Priceline rates, and it says the rooms are booked for double occupancy. There are four in the our family (two are kids, so there would not normally be an extra charge for them) - would we still get four room keys or just two?

I did call Loews to see if they would match the Priceline rate and they won't. I don't want to get there and only have two room keys, even if we have space for four people.

Does anyone know if getting four keys would be a problem? There is no place on the Priceline form to indicate the number of people.
That's a real flaw in the system. King rooms only allow for 3 people at the Loews hotels. I imagine that you can call a week before and make sure you are getting a double queen room but I'm not sure what happens if there are none available.

You'll get at least 3 keys for the king room but I don't know what will happen to your fourth person.

That is a real concern and would probably stop me from booking through priceline. We've used hotwire for other hotels and have received two beds but we've never used priceline. Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in here. Better bidding says they wouldn't chance it either.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
That's a real flaw in the system. King rooms only allow for 3 people at the Loews hotels. I imagine that you can call a week before and make sure you are getting a double queen room but I'm not sure what happens if there are none available.

You'll get at least 3 keys for the king room but I don't know what will happen to your fourth person.

That is a real concern and would probably stop me from booking through priceline. We've used hotwire for other hotels and have received two beds but we've never used priceline. Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in here. Better bidding says they wouldn't chance it either.
In this case, Priceline allows me to choose a double queen room, but it still says double occupancy. It says additional charges may apply for more than two people (which probably doesn't apply in this case since we have two kids), but I don't know if the front desk will give us a hard time if we claim four people when we booked for two, even if we are all standing there. The AAA rate is about $25 more and we are only staying one night, so it is probably worth the peace of mind to book directly.

Even if I book a double queen, I don't know if Loews might switch the room type on us if they only see two people in the system.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #26
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
In this case, Priceline allows me to choose a double queen room, but it still says double occupancy. It says additional charges may apply for more than two people (which probably doesn't apply in this case since we have two kids), but I don't know if the front desk will give us a hard time if we claim four people when we booked for two, even if we are all standing there. The AAA rate is about $25 more and we are only staying one night, so it is probably worth the peace of mind to book directly.

Even if I book a double queen, I don't know if Loews might switch the room type on us if they only see two people in the system.

No, you'll be fine since kids don't get charged extra. As long as you've got the double queen room, don't worry about it. Lots of time when people book online, they only book for one adult because they don't fill in all the info. It won't be an issue as long as the kids are under 18.

I'd give the hotel a call a week or so before you go just to confirm. You should also give them a call and inquire about this issue just for your own peace of mind. It is one thing for me to say that I think it will be fine but another for the hotel to say they could change your room type.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #27
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
No, you'll be fine since kids don't get charged extra. As long as you've got the double queen room, don't worry about it. Lots of time when people book online, they only book for one adult because they don't fill in all the info. It won't be an issue as long as the kids are under 18.

I'd give the hotel a call a week or so before you go just to confirm.
Thanks! Maybe I will take the chance, then. The cancellation is the same as the typical Loews cancellation, and I don't see any other fees. We will only have one day after a cruise to hit our favorites at both parks, so the room keys are pretty critical!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Thanks! Maybe I will take the chance, then. The cancellation is the same as the typical Loews cancellation, and I don't see any other fees. We will only have one day after a cruise to hit our favorites at both parks, so the room keys are pretty critical!

I'd give them a call now to make sure that if you've booked a double queen room, they will guarantee the double queen room.

Call the hotel directly and not the reservation line. You can also email them on the contact us form, but you never know how long it will take them to respond then.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I'd give them a call now to make sure that if you've booked a double queen room, they will guarantee the double queen room.

Call the hotel directly and not the reservation line. You can also email them on the contact us form, but you never know how long it will take them to respond then.
Good idea! Thank you!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
Best_Vacation_EVER!
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 179

Thanks for posting about the great rates through Priceline. I'd been checking regularly and not finding anything that great for my dates so I gave up and booked with a AAA rate (that was not so great.)

I was able to get an awesome rate for RPR for a 2 Queen Club room through Priceline. Since we are DH and myself plus our 6 year old I wanted to make sure that there would be no hassle with the double occupancy thing when we check in so I called Priceline Customer Service. The customer service person I spoke with called the hotel/Loews and had them add my DS (so now 2 adults and 1 child.) No hassle at all and now when I view my reservation on the Loews site it shows all three of us on it.

Just need to cancel my original reservation now.
Best_Vacation_EVER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.