Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
KJMAX1
DIS Veteran

YES Program - Homeschoolers

So I have a question.....5 of my kids are homeschooled. We always make Disney educational while there, whether its studying the countries for months prior, or marine biology etc, we love the kids learning and taking them to places to learn.

YES, sounds right up our alley, and we may end up doing two or three classes, depending on time allowence.

I read and was told the max number of days to purchase is 5. Is this correct? I understand I cannot pay to add days onto the ticket, but have to purchase a seperate base ticket to cover the other optional days. So if I want 8 days of tickets, what way do you think is best to purchase them? Skip the YES, program and just learn on our own, although I will miss out on the kids enjoying a unique experience, or do we buy the base ticket of YES, and then get the others through UT or something?

Not really sure which comes out to the best option financially which at this point is priority since we will be in FL on business for two weeks. Thanks!

KJMAX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

We are also homeschoolers I just signed us up for a Y.E.S program for our upcoming trip.

When I bought our tickets (2 weeks ago) they had an 8 day pass. You could get anything from 1-8 days. Nothing more than 8 days. You can also choose the type of ticket..base, hopper etc. We saved A LOT of money!!

We are so excited about our Y.E.S. class! I know it is going to be great!

kalc12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

We bought 7 day park hoppers, and there was an option for 8 days I believe.
If you have questions, call the YES program. They were VERY helpful when I had a problem and needed to change something. Be forewarned, they are NOT disney. It is a different company that does YES. But they had excellent customer service.
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
KJMAX1
DIS Veteran

Really?!? On the site they said 5, and someone else told me 5 days. 8 is PERFECT!! Can I ask what you purchased and the price? I know its different, but it includes at least one class.

KJMAX1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: