Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Fall Dining Reviews - Updated 12/29

Hello everyone! I just got back from Disney late last night. I stayed at Art of Animation for thirteen nights, and except for the first night, I had free dining, which I upgraded to the regular dining plan.

About me; I was eating completely vegan before my trip, and stuck with it for a few days when I first got there, but then I just got annoyed with having to double check ingredients every time I ate, so I quit doing it. I still stuck with a pescetarian diet the entire trip, meaning I ate only seafood, no red meat or poultry, and a lot of what I ate was vegetarian, but there is some fish and shellfish in my reviews. Especially once the Food and Wine Festival started.

Reviews to follow;

Earl of Sandwich - Lunch - Post #8
Fresh-A-Peel - Dinner - Post #9
Babycakes - Snacks - Post #14
Landscape of Flavors - Breakfast - Post #18
Crystal Palace - Lunch - Post #19
Landscape of Flavors - Dinner - Post #20
Babycakes - Post #21
Sunshine Seasons - Lunch - Post #22
Kouzzina - Dinner - Post #25
Yak and Yeti - Lunch - Post #26
Pollo Campero - Snack
Babycakes - Snacks
Boma - Dinner
Rosie's All American Cafe - Snack
Mama Melrose's - Lunch
Landscape of Flavors - Dinner
Kouzzina - Breakfast
Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths - Part One
Joy of Tea - Drink
La Hacienda - Dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch
Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths - Part Two
The Wave - Dinner
Fresh - Breakfast
Wolfgang Puck Express - Lunch
Catalina Eddie's - Dinner
Wolfgang Puck Express - Lunch
Jiko - Dinner
Festival Welcome Center - Breakfast
Teppan Edo - Lunch
Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths - Part Three
Landscape of Flavors - Dinner
Landscape of Flavors - Breakfast
Tusker House - Brunch
Lotus Blossom - Lunch
Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths - Part Four
Cat Cora - Cooking Demo
Kona Cafe - Dinner
Sunshine Seasons - Lunch
Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths - Part Five
Beirgarten - Dinner
Disney Food Blog Snack Attack - Dessert Party
Landscape of Flavors - Breakfast
Kringla og Bakeri - Lunch
Food & Wine Festival Booths - Part Six
Karamelle Kuche - Snacks
Columbia Harbor House - Dinner
Boma - Breakfast
Landscape of Flavors - Lunch

Last edited by disneyfav4ever; 12-30-2013 at 08:08 PM.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

subscribing - looks like some great food

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm interested! Count me in!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

I am really looking forward to your reviews! Unless you ask for a list of ingredients everywhere, it is difficult to stay vegan. Even with the help of vegan threads that list foods, sometimes they do change recipes and ingredients.

Hope you had a wonderful stay at the new resort!
FirstMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Earl of Sandwich

Ok, so this wasn't at the Downtown Disney location, but at the Philadelphia airport, but I decided to include it, since the same food is available in Disney. It's also cheaper in Disney, unless the prices have gone up recently. My sandwich and a Coke cost about $10, which seemed high to me. The airport also had a more limited menu then the Downtown Disney location.

I had the veggie sandwich, without red onions, (which I just don't really care for,) or feta cheese, (since at this point I was eating as vegan as possible.)

It was good. It was really just cucumbers, roasted red peppers, lettuce, and tomato, with a creamy Italianish dressing, and the bread was good. For airport food I was very happy with it, and it kept me going until dinner.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
disneyfav4ever

Fresh-A-Peel

I was not on a dining plan my first night. I also didn't have park tickets or any reservations, so I was really at a loss for where I wanted to eat. I decided to go to Downtown Disney, since I wanted to get some stuff from Babycakes, the vegan bakery on property, and since Fresh-A-Peel was in the same building, and not too crowded, Downtown Disney was kind of crazy that night, and the menu had some good sounding vegetarian options.

I had the vegetarian falafel sandwich, which I have no idea was vegan or not, but at least it stated that it was vegetarian.

It was a falafel patty that was very crispy on the outside, but nice and soft on the inside. I find some falafel to be very dry sometimes, so this one was very good in my book, and I'd easily order it again. Aside from the texture, the taste was also very good. It had a slight kick to it, but I wouldn't classify it as very spicy. It came topped with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles, though I pulled the red onions off, (I just don't like raw onion,) and a hummus sauce, which may have just been thinned out hummus, but whatever it was, it was good. The bun was also good, it was a potato roll, and held up with the sandwich. If there was one dissapointment, it would be that the lettuce was just shredded iceburg, but that wasn't a huge deal to me.

The fries were also very good, nice dark skinned fries that were not typical Disney fries, and very tasty.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Great start!!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
disneyfav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMagic View Post
I am really looking forward to your reviews! Unless you ask for a list of ingredients everywhere, it is difficult to stay vegan. Even with the help of vegan threads that list foods, sometimes they do change recipes and ingredients.

Hope you had a wonderful stay at the new resort!
Art of Animation is beautiful, but the food court was very hit or miss, and the Little Mermaid rooms were a long walk from the main building. Granted I was on the fourth floor on the farthest building, almost all the way down the farthest hall, but it was just too far, and I enjoy walking. I think I'll be staying at Pop from now on, and just walk over to Art of Animation for a redo review of their food court next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
That falafel sandwich looks amazing! Better than Tangierine Cafe even!
I had falafel at Jiko. It was better at Fresh-A-Peel.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your review

I'm going in December and try to eat vegetarian. Sometimes I have fish and cheese but not milk if I can help it ( just doesnt agree with me) Looking forward to your review.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
disneyfav4ever

The first night I picked up a selection of items to try from Babycakes, all of which it sells are vegan and gluten-free.

I had a carrot cake cupcake, a vanilla cookie crunch doughnut, and a slice of blueberry bread.

The cupcake tasted good, and the cream cheese frosting was awesome, not too sickenly sweet like I find so many frostings to be, but the cake itself was a little on the dry side.

The doughnut was good. The glaze and cookie topping was easily my favorite part, and unlike the cupcake the actual doughnut was pretty good too.

The blueberry bread basically tasted exactly like a blueberry muffin, but that's not a complaint! It was very moist, with a good amount of berries, and was delicious.

Last edited by disneyfav4ever; 12-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!! I don't eat any meat either, so I am really excited to read about all the great places that you got to eat at. I was going to try AOA next year with my DGD (10), but it sounds like too far of a walk. Thanks for sharing!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: