Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Which time for ADR?

We will be eating a quick breakfast in our room. Probably just PopTarts. We have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's at 8:05 pm.

Which lunch time for Tony's sounds better, 11:40 or 1:40? We also have 2 snack credits to tide us over.

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
TSM
Mouseketeer

I would do the 1:40 and try to get a bunch of touring at magic Kingdom early. When we were there 2 weeks ago we went early to park(close to rope drop but didn't quite make it) and walked on every ride we wanted to do. We stopped at Main Street bakery at like 11 and had a delicious and huge cinnamon roll for 1 snack credit and then ate lunch at around 1:30. We then went back to the room for several hours and went swimming and did Chef Mickeys after that. It worked out really well!
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Adr

EAT Every FOUR HOURS.......For some reason at WDW we get hungry faster ? Maybe all of the walking...

So I agree with PP.... the later 1pm or so...

My rule has always been ...

We will NOT Leave the room until everyone has had a breakfast snack....

We bring pop tarts... muffins, grits, oatmeal, cereal, cereal bars.....etc.

EVEN if we have a breakfast ADR !!! (Think leave room ride bus get to destination wait for breakfast, order) I don't like the morning "crankies"

Try to get some protein options for breakfast too. If you eat around 8a... then head to park. Then by 1p you'll be plenty hungry.... (actually by 12n) and then hungry again around 4p-5p that will be the time to use those snack options....then ADR at 8p at which you'll probably be seated at 8p, order drinks, then place order then get your order... right at the four hour mark.....

Have a magical visit !
Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
memakwed
Mouseketeer

earlier

Not sure what time you're heading to the parks but for us we would pick the 1140. I don't eat breakfast so by 1140 I'm ready for something. My DS8 has lunch at school at 1130 so he is used to eating at that time frame. I have a parent who is diabetic and this helps keep her blood levels stable. If any of those reasons apply to you then I would do the earlier. Plus if you have snack credits then you could got a mickey ice cream ect around 4-5pm if you start to get hungry to tide you over to dinner. I would prefer to give my child a snack in between lunch and dinner then before lunch time.
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: