Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #511
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•A bit behind, but I love all the updates! Your bridal shower invites and plans all sound so much fun.
•LOVE the heart clips for your shoes. It's great that you get to wear them more than once!
•Teresa's wedding looked great! I love the pictures with all the DISbrides together.
•I am ADDICTED to that juice from 'Ohana's. YUM!
•Hmm, I still haven't tried Jellyrolls yet. Glad you enjoyed ADH, though. I'm still in love with that venue.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #512
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Hey Faith! You are so fricken cute, your clown picture cracks me up! It looks like Teresa's wedding was a lot of fun, can't wait to hear more about it from her.

How cool that you got to make some changes from attending Teresa's wedding. I really love the favor idea a lot.

You're under the 6 month mark...Woohoo!!!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #513
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

im sorry i am joining so late in the game but i just finished reading through you PJ and LOVE all of your plans so far! I love how you guys do staycations at Disney as well, as we do these all the time (gotta love DVC)! I just subscribed and I cant wait to read more!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #514
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I'm playing super-catch-up on this, so I can't remember what I've commented on and what I haven't... sooo forgive me if I've already said some of this.

I loooove your Indy engagement pictures! I've never heard of whengeekswed, but I've definitely bookmarked it!

Congratulations on deciding to get your MLIS! I just graduated with mine in May. My advice to you is if you don't have any library experience, GET SOME. Even if it's just volunteering, it looks way better on your resume than if you only have your practicum site listed, which is something I'm learning the hard way. In any case, it's a lot of fun, and with a teaching background, you could easily transition into school librarianship.

That hanger is so cute! I never would have even thought of doing something like that!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #515
DisBride2013
Earning My Ears

I was in between jelly rolls and ADH... And well...you just made my mind up for me haha thanks!!

That clown is uber freaky...my parents along with my brother will be staying there for my wedding. I'm quite sure that my 23 year old brother will shudder just seeing it!

Love your PJ!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #516
djsmith
Mouseketeer

catchin up with the pj

Hi faith i'm loving ur planning journal so far! i'm onto page 24 but need to go to work in a few minutes so thought i'd leave a wee reply before i go!

(ps wee is a scottish word for little. i loved readin the bit were u all discussed english/american sayings its funny what people think we say an vice versa. did u come across any more words or saying we do/dont use?)
on that note i'm also wondering if anyone has seen brave yet? i know its set in scotland but came out in america first, its only been out a week here an i'v not had a chance to go see it yet.

i love that u get to go on so many mini trips to disney but i'm so jealous at the same time, you look like u'v had so much fun. last time i visited WDW was july 2011 an i wont get to go bck till may/june 2014 for the wedding
must b pretty convenient being able to go bck an forward to visit the site an meet ur planner an taste cakes etc

i love your engagement pictures!!!!!!!! they look like so much fun an came out sooooo well! we werent plannin on doin engagement pics *** its any extra expense for us that we dnt really need, but since neither of us has ever done professional photos b4 we might as a friend of ours who does photography 2 do a wee shoot wi us to get i used 2 bein infront of a camera b4 our wedding.

also what a nightmare with the hair! so glad it was jus a trial an not the final thing for the day an u have plenty time 2 rethink an try other stylists. i'm havin my sister doin mine as its gonna b pretty simple along wi my make up (plus it'l save more money) so we have lots of time 2 practise an perfect

gotta go will read the rest of the pj later, lookin forward to it already :D

Debra
xXx
djsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #517
djsmith
Mouseketeer

all caught up i love reading planning journals can only read a page or too at a time tho it gets too much 4 my eyes an head after a full day of children screamin at me lol.

i love that u do all the disney races (even with ur foot boot thing on!) i'm not much of a runner bar on the treadmill at the gym, i think i look stupid when i run an i'm not too fit or good at it. If somethin like tht happened 2 my foot i think i would'v used it as an excuse not to run so i could b lazy lol Way to go Faith for having the determination 2 do it an finish!!!

i know i'v said before but that was a really nice thing u did for teresa! another perk of living so close! have i mentioned how jealous i am of all ur mini trips lol

i saw the sand ceremony thing on a wedding channel programme that focused on florida altho it was only mention an u didnt really see much bar them pourin 2 different colours of sand together. I like the idea of the two colours of sand representin bride an groom an how they'l never b seperated like the sand grains cant ever b completely seperated. Was thinkin of doin it for my wedding but into somethin quite small mayb a love heart shaped glass vase or vial which we could use as an ornament in our home. Must look into this further (an look forward to seein how urs turns out if u do it )

didnt realise they do charater breakfasts at ohano's! i'm lookin for character dining possibly for the wedding meal so we can have pics wi the characters on our wedding day without the expense of havin a reception jus to hire characters. obv we wont do character breakfast on the wedding day *** we'l b 2 busy gettin ready but its good to hav another character dining place to look in2

i love the alice in wonderland shower theme! the invites look great as do the dress an shoes! ! i'v jus completed a game on the xbox 360 which is based on alice in wonderland but makes the story kinda twisted. the storyline is shockin/scary an its all a bit complicated an confusing an would take a long time to explain but its gave me a bit of an obsession wi alice (even tho its a film/book i'v never really bothered about before)

waitin for the next update as ur wedding gets closer an closer
djsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #518
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Hi Faith! just finished reading ur PJ and love it! Maybe someday I'll be a swan bride too
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #519
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Wish I had some more fun, updates but my life has been taken over by Student Teaching! 3 months and 25 days!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #520
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I just read through your PJ. I love your engagement pictures, they are great! It's fun to see pictures that aren't the standard poses that show your personality. I also really like that you are going to Garden Grove for your reception. It is one of my favorite places. Good luck with the rest of your planning. I can't wait to read more.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #521
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

A Massive Update!

Hi all! It has been WAAAYY too long since I've updated my PJ! Bad bride!

In early August, I had an amazing Alice in Wonderland themed bridal shower! I know many of you have seen the pictures on FB so I won't repost here. We had a blast and got a lot of really generous gifts!

1. Floral- FINALIZED

This is the bouquet we are using as a basis for everything. It will be my bouquet. The girls will have a smaller version with fewer white flowers and "hang-y down flowers". Dontcha like my professional flower terminology?

The boutineers (can't ever spell that word) will match as well the floral swag for the arch, any corsages for grandmas/mothers, and the aisle petals.

2. Bridesmaid Dresses- FINALIZED
They're Bill Levkoff style 160 in the color "glacier" which is essential aqua. Here is the dress in brown. All are ordered!

3. Favors- FINALIZED
Disney pins, lanyards in a box. Wah-lah.

4. Guest book- FINALIZED
9" white vinyl.

5. Invites- Done, need to be sent.

6. Boy's Attire- Need to do!
We decided to ask the boys to buy grey suits. They can re-wear them and it is honestly the same price as renting. I know I vented on the FB group about the cost of the rentals at MW! CRAY!

Max is in charge of wrangling them all up to get together to buy the suits. It needs to happen this month.

7. Officiant- FINALIZED
We switched to Rev. Jack Day and I couldn't be happier. He is SO sweet and his communication is great!

8. Rehearsal Dinner Dress- BOUGHT!
No clue what we're doing for the dinner but I bought my dress. It's gorgeous. It is from my FAVORITE designer- Tadashi Shoji- who my mom is wearing for the wedding.

9. Decide on Music- Need to do!
We're thinking just traditional music (our violinist can pick) for everything but the exit. For the exit we want "Married Life" from the UP soundtrack.

10. Toss- Need to decide!
Sprinkles? Petals? Skip it?

11. Programs- Need to make!

12. The secret Honeymoon is paid off! Can't wait to see where we're going!

13. Cardbox- FINALIZED, need to make!
We bought a mailbox from Home Depot and are going to do the "UP" handprints on it.

14. Max's Ears- Need to make!

15. Thank You Sign
We need to decide if we're skipping this or not. Thoughts?

13. Need to Buy List
-Sand
-Toss material, if we do!
-DIY supplies for programs
-Max's wedding band

The point of this update? So far so good! We've got a couple of things left to do but for the most part, we're almost done! And I'm so so so glad. Because I can't wait to just marry Max and sit on my butt during my honeymoon and RELAX!

I have seriously missed updating my PJ and hope to be more regular with it as we get closer and closer.

Thanks for reading along!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 03-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #522
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Great update and congrats on almost being done with school!

Love love love your rehearsal dinner dress and the bridesmaid dresses!
Cant believe how close your wedding is!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #523
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Faith -
So I've read your PJ over the past few days and I've compiled all my comments.

Love the engagement photos!

Thanks so much for having your reception at Garden Grove!

I want to do a Disney run so bad.
But I'm too slow.
I've done 2 half marathons - but my time was over 4 hours both times.
I am improving, however.
If only I could stand RUNNING. YUCK!

Mistake on newsletter - Since your friends pointed it out, you know they read it! Let's just pretend it was like a hidden mickey.
Or something.

Eve's addiction - When you mentioned the hunger games, I was wondering if you know about this website. They have Katniss' mockingjay necklace and earrings.
They do Tiffany "inspired" and movie "inspired" jewlery!
I bought the tiffany cascading stars lariat from them over 5 years ago and it's still in great shape.
I came so close to buying the Lord of the Rings Arwen EvenStar pendant from them this week--- but I need to hold out and let my fiancι do it since he knows I want it.

When Geeks wed! Oh my goodness! Thank you for posting this!

Up handprints! Oh my goodness! Awesome!
Keep it and use it for your real mailbox!

Thank you sign - I love the idea.
I also loved the ears with the wedding date on them for the save the date.

I can't wait to see pics from the wedding - it's getting close!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #524
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Awesome updates! Love both dresses...especially your rehearsal dress...absolutely gorgeous!

I was shocked about the rental fee at Men's Warehouse too! If I would've thought about it beforehand, I would've done like you are and asked the guys to purchase suits...only tan instead of grey. That's a great idea.

I love the pictures with thank you signs. Randy Chapman recently posted a picture from a wedding he just did (I know it was a Dis bride...just not sure which one) and the picture with their thank you sign on the beach has made me now want one! lol
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #525
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Love the dresses!

You are almost there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: