Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #31
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Smile 1:57:00......8 miles

I am writing this evening after finishing a long run. How long you may ask???

I thought that I was going for a 7.5 mile run. After coming home and creating the map to log on mapmyrun....it turns out I ran 8 MILES!!!! IN 1 HOUR AND 57 MINUTES!!!! That is about a 14 minute/mile pace!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #32
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Awesome! COngratulations!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #33
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Post Not a great month.

This month has had its ups and downs. Good thing? I am still at my lowest mark of 188.6. Bad news? I'm STILL at 188.6. And, my running has been non-existent the past 2 weeks. I came back from vacation and pretty well stopped. Did I over do it? Am I just lazy? Probably a bit of both.

Good thing is that I start school on Wednesday! I can't wait! It is going to be a whole new adventure being a teacher, but a rather exciting one. My biggest challenge is going to be finding my determination to finish this marathon training. I'm not trying to be the best, but I wan to be able to run across the finish line.

I also need to keep it up so that I can keep focused as I start this new job. I need to continue to focus on me, as my time will be taken up focusing on my students.

Another problem? I've already paid for the hotel and registration for the race! It's out of my bank account. I need to go!

7 weeks until the race. I'm at 8 miles, 2 hours. 5.1 miles to go! Let's go!!!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Post Walking to Disney

I've been walking....and walking....and walking. And it's been great! Nice conversation, exercise, and I'm definitely feeling it in my legs. I ran Tuesday night, and even ran 30 second sprints up hill. Boy, did I feel that in my legs this morning. They protested the second my feet hit the floor.

I've been feeling pretty good. And I think (?) I'm progressing okay. We'll see

We booked the trip though. 333 days! I have a LOOOONNNNNGGG way to go.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #35
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Smile Quite the "Happy Duck"!

Your attention please. Now boarding for a scenic run around the river trail. All aboard!!!!!!!

Today I ran 9.22 miles in 2 hours and 22 minutes! Yes, I meant to go 10, but I'm directionally challenged and turned back .4 miles too soon. Oh well. I still feel GREAT! And even better, I didn't feel like I was totally dying afterwards. A bit winded, sure. Dying, nah!

AND. Great update: Mama and I have been walking like c.r.a.z.y. Seriously, it has been great being so consistent. But with this new regimen comes a few more pounds being lost. I'm down to 186 flat. Go me!!!! I've lost 3lbs in the last 2 weeks....after not losing for 2 months. Here we go!

Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Smile Smiles

Today I went and got fitted for some new running shoes. They are excellent and I can't wait to head out on the trail tomorrow. Today, I came back and took a walk with Mama. Not terribly long, but I felt better walking than I have in weeks. No soreness in the feet or feeling like things are getting pounded on the pavement. Nice and supportive

I'm also down to 184.6! That is awesome!!!!! I was 186 on the 22nd, so that's almost 1.5 lbs in a week. That is great for me. A decent loss but not too fast. We're doing this right!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #37
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Smile !!!

That's all.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #38
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Awesome!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #39
figment814
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the loss! You're journal is inspiring!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #40
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Awesome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
Congrats on the loss! You're journal is inspiring!
Wow, inspiring? That's not quite the word I'd use...more like ranting Thank you!

Old 10-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #41
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Smile

After talking to a co-worker about the marathon (which is 2 weeks from today!), I mentioned that I was only at about 9 miles....and that I was running pretty much the pace of a turtle. He suggested I work on running for longer periods of time, instead of running 30 seconds, walking, running again. So today I decided to try running for a full mile! It was hard at times, but certainly doable. And it was a 12:30min mile! That's awesome for me!!!! Hopefully I can build up my stamina like crazy this week, chill out a smidge next week, and then go have some fun running.

On the weightloss front, well, I don't like to brag......I'm doing amazing I'm losing much more consistently, about 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Things are looking up (down)!

Great news for my closet! I was able to fit into some pants that were purchased last Christmas....only to never be worn. Yay for new work attire!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

I'm back!

Wow, has it really been almost 4 months since my last update? That is really scary!

Good things are- I have recently become refocused and we are now planning a possible (probable) mini-trip if we meet the half way point by mid-March.

Bad things are- I am back up to 190 and have to come back down

Something even better has happened though- my sister came with us to the gym tonight and loved it! She asked us if she can join us on the journey to health, and of course we enthusiastically approved! Yay!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #43
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

This has been such a looong journey and I feel like I have made so little progress. Logically, I know I was 210 in May 2012 and I am now 187 in February 2013. But that is still only 23 total pounds. And most of that was lost before November. Why is this so difficult this time around??? So frustrating. But then I have moments of clarity and think "Why should it be easy? If it takes longer, the results will last longer." Stupid logic!

Good things are that in the past few weeks I have started losing again. And more than that, I have found that I am losing inches much faster than pounds. Since January, I have actually been pretty consistent, only a few bad days here and there. But my body was not responding at all. So frustrating. I've now started losing again, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, if you follow my PTR, you'll know that my sister and I have scheduled a trip for April! It is so exciting and I WILL BE AT 170 FOR THAT TRIP. Then, I have 4 months to lose the final 25 to be at my goal of 145 for the August trip. I CAN DO IT. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Follow my TWO trips here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060070

Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
mpeanut
Mouseketeer

subscribing.

Great job on your weight loss and fitness journey! How is the running going? I just started back to running again myself. It is a challenge, but well worth it.

I'm going to check out your trip reports now....I love trip planning.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
This has been such a looong journey and I feel like I have made so little progress. Logically, I know I was 210 in May 2012 and I am now 187 in February 2013. But that is still only 23 total pounds. And most of that was lost before November. Why is this so difficult this time around??? So frustrating. But then I have moments of clarity and think "Why should it be easy? If it takes longer, the results will last longer." Stupid logic!

Good things are that in the past few weeks I have started losing again. And more than that, I have found that I am losing inches much faster than pounds. Since January, I have actually been pretty consistent, only a few bad days here and there. But my body was not responding at all. So frustrating. I've now started losing again, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, if you follow my PTR, you'll know that my sister and I have scheduled a trip for April! It is so exciting and I WILL BE AT 170 FOR THAT TRIP. Then, I have 4 months to lose the final 25 to be at my goal of 145 for the August trip. I CAN DO IT. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Follow my TWO trips here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060070
Weight loss and maintenance isn't the same each time around. Your body reacts differently each time because of age, activity, etc... I lost almost 60 pounds 2 years ago and it fell off rather quickly. Over the next year and a half I gained about 15 of it back. It's been a slow process dropping those 15 pounds this time around, but I've completely changed my approach to the first time. The first time, I just ran and pretty much ate what I wanted, but did try to be conscious of what I put into my body. Now that I've been running for 2 years, I can run alot further but I also eat more carbs than before to fuel my long runs.

I now track my calorie intake and actually decreased my water intake by 20oz. per day and all of a sudden, weight starts falling off. Mind you, I drink ALOT of water and I was just retaining a little each day because it's been so cold when running lately.

Weight maintenance has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Be conscious of the changes in your body and listen to them and be willing to adapt when needed. You're doing great and it is inspiring!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight loss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: