Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
I thought I read something about Disney planning to add buses that drop off directly at the MK, but I don't know if that was just rumor or if it's actively being pursued.
I noticed construction going on near the MK bus stop a couple of weeks ago--perhaps that's what they're doing. I haven't bothered to research yet so don't know.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I missed why that's funny....
Look at the part the poster bolded. Maybe he was thinking of that commercial with the "Most incredible Man".... "I don't drink beer often when i do, i drink XX".

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

I don't drink beer often, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I think it reminded them of the commercial.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

One year we were there at Christmas time and hopping from one of the parks (honestly don't remember which one) and heading to the MK. We hopped on the bus to go to the TTC. The bus driver asked if everyone on the bus was going to the MK and everyone answered yes. He took us straight there. It was nice.

On a side not, it is easier to take a bus to the Contemporary and walk to the Magic Kingdom than go to the TTC and monorail or ferry over.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I noticed construction going on near the MK bus stop a couple of weeks ago--perhaps that's what they're doing. I haven't bothered to research yet so don't know.
Looking at satellite photos and remembering where the construction I saw was, I think it very likely they are expanding capacity at the MK bus stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
Look at the part the poster bolded. Maybe he was thinking of that commercial with the "Most incredible Man".... "I don't drink beer often when i do, i drink XX".
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
I don't drink beer often, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I think it reminded them of the commercial.
Thanks. I'll assume that's why.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #21
revroy
Mouseketeer

Their has always been park to park travel, whether bus, boat or monorail. What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.

1999 All Star Music, 2003 All Star Movies, 2004 Coronado Springs, 2006 Coronado Springs, 2009 PoP, 2011 Pop, 2012 AoA, 2014 PoP, fall 2014 PoP
revroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
LoriJune
Mouseketeer

I know that we bussed park to park on our last few trips, but was there a time when that wasn't offered...I seem to remember park hopping being a major pain because we had to go to a random resort to grab another bus...?? (I'm thinking about our trips in the 90's.)

Obviously not important now, just curious.
2013 Windsor Palms 2013 Beach Club 2012 Boardwalk 2010 Old Key West 2008 Polynesian 2005 Carribean Beach 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter 1998 Coronado Springs 1997 Carribean Beach 1992 Dixie Landings 1985 and 1979 Off Site
LoriJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revroy View Post
Their has always been park to park travel, whether bus, boat or monorail. What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.
I think that's asking for too much,there's like 2 dozen resorts,are they going to have buses from All Star Sports to Port Orleans,like I said that's asking for too much.The resorts with the most popular restaurants are usually easily accessed to the parks,you have a cluster of hotels on the monorail line by MK or a short boat ride away to the Wilderness Lodge and you have the Epcot resorts in between Epcot and DHS.The only major hotel that's kinda out there on it's own is Animal Kingdom.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revroy View Post
What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.
I like the idea of this, but the logistics might be a nightmare. There are roughly 20 resorts, right? Think of 1 resort having bus routes to 19 other resorts in addition to Downtown Disney and the 4 parks. They would have to add an extra 175 bus routes to offer every possible resort combination.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #25
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revroy
I think that would be crazy!! Can you imagine how many bus stops they would need?? Maybe the buses could do multiple stops. I. E. a bus from POP / AoA that makes stops at all the Mk resorts or a bus from POR/FQ that stops at all of the Epcot resorts.

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #26
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looking at satellite photos and remembering where the construction I saw was, I think it very likely they are expanding capacity at the MK bus stop.
I think they were just burying a pipe, possibly to help with the flooding under the water bridge when it rains. On Wednesday it looked like they were already covering over the excavation with sod.

Of course, it's possible the work was in support of the rumored future expansion, but whatever it was, it looks like this phase is already wrapping up.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
I think they were just burying a pipe, possibly to help with the flooding under the water bridge when it rains. On Wednesday it looked like they were already covering over the excavation with sod.

Of course, it's possible the work was in support of the rumored future expansion, but whatever it was, it looks like this phase is already wrapping up.
Thanks for the update!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:

Thanks. I'll assume that's why.
Oh I'm sure it's why the LOL.. when I saw the bolded part, it's EXACTLY what I thought of...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Oh I'm sure it's why the LOL.. when I saw the bolded part, it's EXACTLY what I thought of...
It has become a meme, much like the "arrow to the knee..."
Old 10-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #30
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: