Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo View Post
I will put a plug in for Flights of Wonder - that's such a fun show. You might drop Nemo due to time issues - if you are like me a prefer the animal trails.
When my DD was 4, she about had a panic attack at the Nemo show. Preshow -- fine. Show -- not so fine. I think the show itself looked like a good production, but I spent the entire time alternately focusing on getting DD4 to relax so she could sit still and be quiet, and glancing around to see if there was any way at all to gracefully and quietly exit the theater from our seats. There didn't seem to be, so it was a long and trying show for us. Something at the very beginning scared her and she never recovered during the whole show. Remember that little part about Nemo's poor mom?

So, there is a chance your 4 year old could find this scary. Depends on the kid.

As to the original question --
"must do" for me = EE
"must do" for DD = the boneyard, at least until she grows out of it.
"Must do runnerup" = Kali.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 10-05-2012 at 02:24 PM.
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

You need to get a picture of yourselves outside the Expedtion Everest ride. There is a photo pass near the monkey inclusure at the Yak and Yeti restaurant. You get an amazing view and photo spot of the mountain.
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #18
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

forgot to mention

We took our daughter to Disney for the first time when she was 7.....It's Tough to be a Bug and Dinosaur both scared her - a lot. We walked out of It's Tough to be a Bug within a few minutes - she was so scared and I felt like a terrible mom - I had no clue it was scary!

To this day (she's now 12) she won't ride/ see either of them although she is talking about riding Dinosaur at some unspecified time in the future.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sMama View Post
Don't short this park! It really can be an all day adventure.
I agree. We were there from RD to closing. Actually, we were there until after closing as we got on KS a second time at 4:55. Even though we did almost everything we wanted and the kids did EE 4 times, we didn't feel like we had enough time at this park. It was so beautiful, and we wished we had more time to wander around. AK was my second favorite park, but the day there was my favorite day of our trip, if that makes any sense. 1.5 to 2 days here would have been perfect for us.

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm starting to rethink my plan and do MVMCP on one of the two days we have planned for MK. We all loved the safari last year and my kids loved the boneyard. Do you think EE is okay for a 7 yr old? We watched a clip on You Tube and at first was excited - then it got to the part where the tracks have been ripped out and she said "no way!"

Last year, we added the park hopper option but I left it off this time. I'm wondering if I should call and see if I can add that option on? I promised the hubs I would keep the cost of the trip reasonable - but he knew when he married me that I'm not very budget oriented!
tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #21
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Thanks for all the great tips. I'm starting to rethink my plan and do MVMCP on one of the two days we have planned for MK. We all loved the safari last year and my kids loved the boneyard. Do you think EE is okay for a 7 yr old? We watched a clip on You Tube and at first was excited - then it got to the part where the tracks have been ripped out and she said "no way!"

Last year, we added the park hopper option but I left it off this time. I'm wondering if I should call and see if I can add that option on? I promised the hubs I would keep the cost of the trip reasonable - but he knew when he married me that I'm not very budget oriented!
I'm a huge Park Hopper fan - I say if you can do add it.

The thing on EE that scared our DD was the going backwards in the dark part of the ride.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

If it's feasible I'd look into parkhopping. You asked the right bunch of AK lovers!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

You can add a Park Hopper at any time during your trip.

I agree with avoiding Dinosaur. My DDs 8 & 5 were terrified!

They may not be tall enough for Primeval Whirl. Try Triceratops Spin instead.

FotLK is better than Nemo and Flights of Wonder is awesome!

They have fun face painting at AK.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
kathy884
DIS Veteran

These four which are also favorites of other posters:

Festival of the Lion King, Kilamanjaro Safari, Flights of Wonder, Maharajah Jungle Trek

Great Park / Great Vibe / Don't rush -- enjoy the surroundings -- just do less if you run out of time.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #25
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post

My 6 year old loves it. But he had to build up to it. It's fast, dark, and goes backwards. If she is brave, then sure.

Safari, Boneyard, and Festival of Lion King are my child's must do's. It's Tough To Be a Bug was surprisingly dark and scary! I wasn't expecting that at all, so just be warned.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
cassie58
DIS Veteran

I would do the whole day if you can. It makes it easier to fit in the shows, do Safari more than once, take in different street performances (my DD got to participate in two musical ones), and wander the trails. Also, jingle jungle parade for Christmas is fun(usually around 3:30 - 4:00) and getting pics w/christmas goofy, donald etc.(we only got donald as lines get long especially for minnie/mickey, but you can see tham in parade). As you mentioned, MVMCP could work well on one of your MK days. The park hopper option is great, or if you get done early, you could use it as a swim nt., DTD nt., boardwalk etc. to save money if not using the hopper for anything else.

cassie58
11/08 - ASMo & Timeshare@
8/09 - CSR
11/11 - CSR

Last edited by cassie58; 10-06-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Fix
cassie58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: