Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #61
mrcarder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle

How long until it has a mini OLED screen and it gives you FP reminders and ride wait times?
That would be really cool
mrcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #62
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Just did a google image search and found this picture. https://www.google.com/search?q=disn...scfqEgjyd-9kM: So it looks like the image we saw in OP's link was the underside of the bracelet and the top is just the Mickey head. And possible color options? That is, if this random picture I came across from an unknown/unreliable source (I didn't really look into it) is to believed for anything.

Edit: The picture I'm referring to is the one (currently) on the second row with the rainbow of bands.

Last edited by hidmickey:myantidrug; 10-06-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Stupid link. Stupid Judy. Stupid energy!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #63
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
Just did a google image search and found this picture. https://www.google.com/search?q=disn...scfqEgjyd-9kM: So it looks like the image we saw in OP's link was the underside of the bracelet and the top is just the Mickey head. And possible color options? That is, if this random picture I came across from an unknown/unreliable source (I didn't really look into it) is to believed for anything.

Edit: The picture I'm referring to is the one (currently) on the second row with the rainbow of bands.
But that pic is over a year old and is from the early design stage. It looks about right but I doubt they would have included all the FCC and everything else they have now.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #64
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
But that pic is over a year old and is from the early design stage. It looks about right but I doubt they would have included all the FCC and everything else they have now.

See, this is what's so nice about this place: people to do the research for you! Had I noticed the August '11 date the first time around, I obviously wouldn't have bothered. Carry on.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #65
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
It's passive RFID, not active.
D'oh. You're right. Battery-assisted passive, perhaps.

I do hope WDW is doing something to address security concerns. We may never know exact details.

Last edited by Waddler; 10-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #66
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, this is what's so nice about this place: people to do the research for you! Had I noticed the August '11 date the first time around, I obviously wouldn't have bothered. Carry on.
The reason I posted the date was that mostly every concern posted on this thread besides the name issue was already discussed to death over a year ago.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=rfid
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #67
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I am assuming that they will be removable. I doubt its going to be like a ankle monitor.

Didn't this all get hashed out a year ago?
Have you ever be to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbeans or Mexico? Those little cheap plastic bracelets sure are hard to remove!!!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #68
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Have you ever be to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbeans or Mexico? Those little cheap plastic bracelets sure are hard to remove!!!
You mean they are like hospital bracelets?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #69
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:

~That's a very reliable source! They had all the Next Gen info before anyone else!

~Obviously, this isn't for everyone, which is why the bracelets will be optional for purchase, so there is no need to worry, you will be able to continue using the KTTW card.

~I cannot wait to buy these bracelets! They are just too cute and it looks like you just "snap" them on & off your wrist. I just love how you can customize the bracelets to your personal tastes! I will more than likely buy all the colors to coordinate with my outfits, lol.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #70
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You mean they are like hospital bracelets?
I don't know if they are like that, but I sure hope not, is what I was trying to say.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #71
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HOLIDAYS
I DO NOT like these on the wrists. For comfort, security, looks, ... I don't like them for the parties, I don't even like the ones for the beach club pools.
I do not like green eggs and ham.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post

~Obviously, this isn't for everyone, which is why the bracelets will be optional for purchase, so there is no need to worry, you will be able to continue using the KTTW card.
This is the first time I heard they were optional to purchase. I would think maybe its just the personalized ones that cost extra.

But anyway even if you can still use a KTTW card it will still have to be RFID just a different form.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #73
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFamily73 View Post
I think it's an all-around bad idea as well even though something clearly needs to be done to fix the existing system.
What's wrong with the current system?

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #74
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
What's wrong with the current system?
And which system?
  • door locks
  • FP
  • Photo Pass
  • room charging
  • personalized experiences
  • tracking your every move (which they do now to some extent)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #75
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
And which system?
  • door locks
  • FP
  • Photo Pass
  • room charging
  • personalized experiences
  • tracking your every move (which they do now to some extent)
Thank you, that just seemed like a random statement for that person to make.

I don't see this as a correction to the current system, but a tweek. "Keep moving forward", that was the motto of some guy I read about once. Time machines 1-327 were failures, as were experiments 1-625, but around here, we don't stand still too long, we keep moving forward.

That's what this is, just continuing Walt's vision. Nothing wrong with it.

Beside, let's see the hands from all the people who have a computer that runs Windows Vista, everyone beta tests (which is why you should beware Windows 8).

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: