Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #121
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Say yes to the dress...the cut list

In light of recent events I have decided to show off the dresses that didn't make the cut. I still can't post the dress that I will wear down the aisle because I don't want the honey to see it.

My friends and I started at David's Bridal and of course ran around looking for dresses for me to try on. This was one of those they picked I didn't really like the way it was ruched on top and randomly turned to appliques at the waist. I felt like it cut me in half.

Another one they picked out for me. They really liked it, but I just wasn't sold.

This one I had picked out to try on with their approval. We all liked it till I asked what the bustle would look like...

I absolutely adored this dress. However, my friends didn't really like it and it wouldn't go with my theme.

I almost, almost, almost went with this dress. I loved the way it looked on me, my friends loved the way it looked on me, it went super well with the theme...the only problem was the price tag.

This one is the dress I currently have in my spare room. This was the back up dress to the one I was going to wear down the aisle but since I got the dress I really wanted I'm just going to sell it.

Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #122
Tifa
Mouseketeer

So we hit our first major disappointment. I had noticed on a thread that some disbrides were surprised/upset about the room they were given upon check in. Double queens...we definitely want a king room and we were under the assumption that Disney automatically puts you in a king room. They do not. I emailed my reservation agent and yes they booked us in a double queen room. I asked to reserve a king and she said they didn't have any available at the hotel we were staying at. She's looking into other options for us (which I really really appreciate her doing this for us) but I'm really upset by this. So brides if you want a king room make sure to ask for it otherwise it's a double!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #123
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

A double room can be a blessing in disguise. It can be a place to place/organize welcome bags or other items. A good place to photograph "getting ready" pictures (because the bed is made up), etc.

I know it seems dissapointing now, but it may not end up being that big a deal.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #124
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Glad you found that out about the bed situation. Yes, the extra space would be nice but it's your damn honeymoon obviously you want just one big bed

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #125
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the tip about the Queen vs. King. We haven't made our reservations yet, but I will be sure to ask about that when it's time.

Yay for getting your dream dress! I enjoyed the little dress fashion show of images. I didn't bring a camera with me when I tried on dresses because it said on the salon website no photos allowed.

Also, those princess silhouettes you found are amazing! Would you mind sharing where you found them?

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #126
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Glad you found that out about the bed situation. Yes, the extra space would be nice but it's your damn honeymoon obviously you want just one big bed
My thoughts exactly haha!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #127
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Thank you for the tip about the Queen vs. King. We haven't made our reservations yet, but I will be sure to ask about that when it's time.

Yay for getting your dream dress! I enjoyed the little dress fashion show of images. I didn't bring a camera with me when I tried on dresses because it said on the salon website no photos allowed.

Also, those princess silhouettes you found are amazing! Would you mind sharing where you found them?

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
Thanks! I don't exactly remember where I found them. I know they were on Etsy. Also if you go to google and type in Disney Princess Silhouette that should come up with a few as well.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #128
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Pirate Bottle Favors

We finished up some more favors this morning! Our Pirate Ship bottle favors! We are going to put custom stickers on the side and fill them with rum. Yaarrr!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #129
Tifa
Mouseketeer

One month mark!

We're officially at the one month mark!!

It's so exciting!! Can't wait! Though I won't know what to do after we finally get hitched...I've been planning this wedding for almost two years so not sure what to do after we're official....

Anywhos! We sent in our finally check, just purchased my rehearsal dress, groom cufflinks, and groom's party cufflinks! Other than that haven't really been doing much except working.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #130
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Congrats!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #131
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure like 99% of the standard rooms at Disney have 2 queen beds. Some suites do not, and then any DVC room 1 bedroom and up will have a king bed.
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #132
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Fast approaching!

We are 18 days away from flying out to Orlando! Yay!

We just sent out newsletters to all of our guests so hopefully they will be getting them this week or next.

I also wanted to share a couple of last minute purchases I made for the wedding.

First is my gorgeous rehearsal heels from the new Disney line from DSW! BTW they don't carry any of the colors in the store (except for the black or white) so if you want any other color you have to order it online.

Inside the heel is the DFTW carriage emblem.

Each one comes with a sparkle on the bottom!

Next is the cufflinks I ordered for my future hubby!

And last are the cufflinks I bought for the groomsmen. So cute! And piratey!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #133
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

I stumbled across your PJ and I'm loving reading about all your plans! It sounds like it's going to be a fab day and I cannot wait to see some pics!!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #134
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see your dress! I haven't posted mine in my planning journal either since the site is public...but I can tell you it's one of your runner-ups!

Love the cufflinks...especially the ones for your future husband...the favors look awesome too...really creative!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #135
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Those shoes are so pretty! I love the rum bottle favours, that is too awesome!

You are getting so close to the day! So exciting!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: