Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Military discount rate?

Does anyone know what the average military discount is on hotel rooms? This is for my brother, he is a Major in the Army. Thank you.
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
nanhol
Mouseketeer
 
nanhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc
Does anyone know what the average military discount is on hotel rooms? This is for my brother, he is a Major in the Army. Thank you.
It depends on where he stays:

40% off Disney Deluxe Resorts
35% off Disney Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins
30% off Disney Value Resorts including Disney’s Art of Animation

He's also able to book rooms at Shades of Green, the military owned resort across the street from the Polynesian--he'll get terrific room rates there (I believe rates are on a sliding scale based on rank), but it's no longer Disney owned, so he won't be eligible for all the on-property perks.
__________________
No Disney Trip for me until 2015 at the earliest.
Beach Club, Disney Dream & Contemporary, Feb 2013
Contemporary & Polynesian, Feb 2010
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
nanhol
Mouseketeer
 
nanhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135

You can call and get the military rates from Disney for specific dates & resorts. I called for my MIL and made her reservations for the Grand Floridian-she just has to show her military ID when she checks in at the hotel.
__________________
No Disney Trip for me until 2015 at the earliest.
Beach Club, Disney Dream & Contemporary, Feb 2013
Contemporary & Polynesian, Feb 2010
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Perfect! Thank you!!!
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home
 
bellemeeko1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
It depends on where he stays:

40% off Disney Deluxe Resorts
35% off Disney Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins
30% off Disney Value Resorts including Disney’s Art of Animation

He's also able to book rooms at Shades of Green, the military owned resort across the street from the Polynesian--he'll get terrific room rates there (I believe rates are on a sliding scale based on rank), but it's no longer Disney owned, so he won't be eligible for all the on-property perks.

The only perks Military aren't eligible for are Magical Express (but there's a GREAT car company that we use all the time, that is on Shades website that gives nice discounts) and we (military) aren't eligible for Disney Dining Plan.

We can use ALL Disney transportation and we are able to be part of the Extra Magic Hours and package delivery to the resort.
__________________
Cat mom of 4 guys (26,24,22,19) married 27yrs to a Ret. AFNG MstrSgt and a civy cop
1986,90,92 off property

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellemeeko1 View Post
The only perks Military aren't eligible for are Magical Express (but there's a GREAT car company that we use all the time, that is on Shades website that gives nice discounts) and we (military) aren't eligible for Disney Dining Plan.

We can use ALL Disney transportation and we are able to be part of the Extra Magic Hours and package delivery to the resort.

You should clarify that you are not eligible if you stay at SOG....not because you are military....

Military members booking an onsite Disney hotel with the discount get all of the benefits of staying onsite, including ME and the option for the DDP.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD9) (DD7)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
POOHsie
DIS Veteran
 
POOHsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheeling, WV
Posts: 3,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
You should clarify that you are not eligible if you stay at SOG....not because you are military....

Military members booking an onsite Disney hotel with the discount get all of the benefits of staying onsite, including ME and the option for the DDP.
This. I am staying at 2 Disney Resorts in November with the Military Room-only Discount and paid DDP. It's a ticketless package called Military Dine. ME and all other resort amenities are available as usual at the Disney resorts with this Military package. If the service member has 3-4 people for his reservation, Military Dine might not be the best price option. Free Dining would probably be best, although that package would require purchase of minimum 2-day tickets from Disney for every member of the party.
__________________
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Thank you for the info!!!! He just got back from his 6th tour and this Disney trip will celebrate his impending retirement
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.