Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1021
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Question- is there a difference between Q85 and DV? I just said I was a DV holder. Is Q85 a different deal. I was actually shocked we got something marathon weekend because even the CM earlier in the week told me they never give a deal that weekend.
The Q85 is the specific code number for the disney visa S/P/D moderate/deluxe discount

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1022
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
The Q85 is the specific code number for the disney visa S/P/D moderate/deluxe discount
Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #1023
Katie's Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

Bo Duke - you seem to be understanding this discount better than most! Do you know how they are going to price out the deluxe DP in the offer?

I have to wait for the GP offer but am guessing the 35% RO discount (if it applies to my room) will be much better than the p/s/d? Can you give me any insight

We are 2 adults:
5 nights
deluxe DP
AKL Aursha View Room
4 day park tickets (will updgrade to 6 days if needed for the discount)

With the p/s/d, assuming I did my math right and other comments I've read about the deluxe DP, I would only save a couple hundred dollars. With the 35% RO I'd save close to $700. p/s/d doesn't seem to save much for a party of 2 on the deluxe DP...but I may totally be misunderstanding how they are doing pricing.
Just wanted to give you a heads up. I had a CL Standard Club room and called yesterday to apply the RO discount. Price for 5 nights (3 adults) went from $2400 to $2300. I was very disappointed. CM said it was due to limited availability. She said I could go to Poly if I wanted the 35% discount. After I thought about it I called back and went with the Play/Stay/Dine for $3500 at AKL CL.

1983 offsite, 1989 offsite (senior trip), 1999 DC/BWI , 2006 CR (first trip with dd), 2008 DC/POR, 2008 BC, 2008 WL, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 DC, 2012 BWI, 2012 POR, 2013 AKL CL
Katie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #1024
swan01
Earning My Ears

Confused

I'm sorry, but there are so very many threads in a short amountbof time. We arrive 1/31 to the WL and do not have a Disney Visa. Are there any room only discounts available? Thanks in advance!
swan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #1025
steves1019
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan01
I'm sorry, but there are so very many threads in a short amountbof time. We arrive 1/31 to the WL and do not have a Disney Visa. Are there any room only discounts available? Thanks in advance!
The word is Oct 10 the RO discount for non-DV cardholders will be offered.
steves1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #1026
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan01 View Post
Both the RO discount and the Stay/Play/Dine discount will be offered next Wednesday Oct 10th

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #1027
swan01
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Sounds like there is limited availability. What time does thie discount start? thanks again
swan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #1028
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan01 View Post
Thanks! Sounds like there is limited availability. What time does thie discount start? thanks again
Probably 7 am. The phones will be crazy. Better get on right when the clock strikes the hour. Hope you get what you want

Maybe the online is earlier? I am sure this will be posted all over these boards before the 10th.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #1029
DeborahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You must have an AP ticketless package so you couldn't get any package discount offer without adding tickets. To keep your AP ticketless package, you have to pay rack rate for your room or have an AP discount room. So nothing but an AP room rate is going to work in your case, unless you are willing to change your package to a normal type that includes tickets.
This is true. We will be there Jan 26-29. I took the AP room w/ dining at POR because that combo goes fast. I booked back in July and was told there would be some sort of discount before Oct. I gambled and I am still holding out for a better rate.

Congrats to those who got the Visa discount--every bit helps.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #1030
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA View Post
This is true. We will be there Jan 26-29. I took the AP room w/ dining at POR because that combo goes fast. I booked back in July and was told there would be some sort of discount before Oct. I gambled and I am still holding out for a better rate.

Congrats to those who got the Visa discount--every bit helps.
Are AP discounts out for January already? I didn't think they had been released yet.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #1031
Bo Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Are AP discounts out for January already? I didn't think they had been released yet.
No, that is what she is waiting for.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #1032
Tallent
Mouseketeer

so what do I do with my visa?

stay/play/dine question.....I (re)booked my trip with the q85 visa code but most of my trip was already paid for. (not on disney visa). I didn't have to put any new payment down using the disney visa and no mention was made of paying off the balance with it. I'm going to try and switch over to the GP offer on Wed if it's the same offer but just in case does anyone know if I'm supposed to use my Disney visa to pay the balance or a payment or anything at all?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1033
awelch25
Earning My Ears

We actually already booked for January 24th-31st, s/p/d package - only put some $ down because we were waiting for the discounts to come out, but wanted to be guaranteed a room. Does anyone have any input as to if it would be better to book a new package on October 10th and cancel the existing one, or if we should just call and modify the current one? I am just thinking about wait times on the phone and making sure they get the correct discount applied.
I am getting so excited, I can hardly wait!!!
awelch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #1034
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie's Mom View Post
Just wanted to give you a heads up. I had a CL Standard Club room and called yesterday to apply the RO discount. Price for 5 nights (3 adults) went from $2400 to $2300. I was very disappointed. CM said it was due to limited availability. She said I could go to Poly if I wanted the 35% discount. After I thought about it I called back and went with the Play/Stay/Dine for $3500 at AKL CL.
Thanks for the heads-up! That is very disappointing! Do you know if there was limited availablility for all AKL rooms or just the CL? Was your original $2,400 just for the room and tickets, no dining plan? And then I'm guessing the $3,500 is the room, tickets and regular dining plan?

I really want to do AKL but actually getting 35% off would be a better deal than the p/s/d at AKL I think since there are just 2 of us and we have the ddp. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how they'll calculate the ddp at a kids rate?
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1035
Katie's Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! That is very disappointing! Do you know if there was limited availablility for all AKL rooms or just the CL? Was your original $2,400 just for the room and tickets, no dining plan? And then I'm guessing the $3,500 is the room, tickets and regular dining plan?

I really want to do AKL but actually getting 35% off would be a better deal than the p/s/d at AKL I think since there are just 2 of us and we have the ddp. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how they'll calculate the ddp at a kids rate?
You are correct that the 35% is a much better deal and it is what I wanted since there are only three of us. Not to mention it kills me to pay adult rates for my 11 daughter. When I asked the CM why it wasn't 35% listed on the Visa website she said "it is up to 35% off". I must of missed the fine print on that one.

The $2400 was for RO and did not include tickets or dining. My original plan was to get tickets Under Cover Tourist and pay out of pocket for meals. My discount was less because it was CL, but the CM said that AKL was filling up fast. There was plenty of room at BC and Poly. I ran the numbers and if I had gone with my original plan with the RO discount of $100 I would have surpassed the $3500 for the p/s/d. I canceled my old ressie and made the new one with the Visa. I like that you only need to pay the $200 deposit with the Visa. Good news is that I was able to get airfare for all three of us RT for $510. Last thing I need to do is find a hotel to stay at for our first two nights before we check in to AKL on 1/2. I am looking for something under $100 a night that is clean. Any recommendations are welcomed.

1983 offsite, 1989 offsite (senior trip), 1999 DC/BWI , 2006 CR (first trip with dd), 2008 DC/POR, 2008 BC, 2008 WL, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 DC, 2012 BWI, 2012 POR, 2013 AKL CL
Katie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: