DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #1876
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
As always - Groupies are the best! Thanks all for the support.

And - we have good news!!! At least as good as one could hope for out of all of this. DH had a 2 inch tumor in his prostate so the Dr. decided to remove 48 lymph nodes. Out of those only one came back with cancer in it. The Dr. says that of course a cancer cell could have escaped so he's going to recommend hormone therapy for the next couple of years but overall he is feeling that odds are they were able to get it all.
Kathy that's great news! I agree with Happydinks - go enjoy your week-end!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #1877
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:

And - we have good news!!! At least as good as one could hope for out of all of this. DH had a 2 inch tumor in his prostate so the Dr. decided to remove 48 lymph nodes. Out of those only one came back with cancer in it. The Dr. says that of course a cancer cell could have escaped so he's going to recommend hormone therapy for the next couple of years but overall he is feeling that odds are they were able to get it all.
Thank you Kathy, for letting us know. He is still in our prayers, but as JT said, they are just being re-directed.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #1878
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Kathy...so great to hear your news! Prayers, crossed fingers and more Moose Dust coming your way that things proceed as well as possible.

Jimmy...thinking about you last night during that Cardinals-Braves game. I'm glad that the Cardinals won, but wish it wasn't due to the errors by the Braves and the umpires. Chipper Jones is such a class act and he deserved a better finish to his great career.

77 days until we are back in The World at our beloved VWL. I haven't had a day off since I started my current job in March, so I am really looking forward to some down time at VWL and WDW. We know how crazy the crowds will be, and are looking forward to just being together as a family.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #1879
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Great news Kathy!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1880
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great News
Prayers for continued Blessings

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 10-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #1881
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Kathy...so great to hear your news! Prayers, crossed fingers and more Moose Dust coming your way that things proceed as well as possible.

Jimmy...thinking about you last night during that Cardinals-Braves game. I'm glad that the Cardinals won, but wish it wasn't due to the errors by the Braves and the umpires. Chipper Jones is such a class act and he deserved a better finish to his great career.

77 days until we are back in The World at our beloved VWL. I haven't had a day off since I started my current job in March, so I am really looking forward to some down time at VWL and WDW. We know how crazy the crowds will be, and are looking forward to just being together as a family.
I too wish it would have differently, at least him going out knowing they had a shot at winning. I am very disappointed in how the fans acted. That makes it a bummer to be a braves fan right now. Good luck to the Cards, they are tough to deal with this time of year.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #1882
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

I can't even begin to thank you!!

I am a firm believer in God, I sincerely believe that in times of unbelievable, blinding pain, God sends us a sign that there is happiness and light in the world.

Thank you all for being that one pinpoint of light. When every thing seems beyond bleak and grey, coming here and reading your notes has been my life raft.

I am constantly amazed (although by now I should not be) and humbled by your spirit.

I have never been more honored and grateful to know you guys.

With all my love,
Eliza
Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #1883
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Eliza:

So many times in our lives DiznyDi and I have found comfort in the following; The roars in life are real, and so is His grace . . .

Crossings

I came to the swift, raging river,
And the roar held the echo of fear:
“Oh, Lord, give me wings to fly over,
If you are, as You promised, quite near.”

But He said, “Trust the grace I am giving,
All-pervasive, sufficient for you.
Take my hand – we will face this together;
But my plan is – not over, but through.”

Lee Webber, Santa Rosa, California

You will find us all on the other side. We need you too.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 10/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1884
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I am a firm believer in God, I sincerely believe that in times of unbelievable, blinding pain, God sends us a sign that there is happiness and light in the world.

Thank you all for being that one pinpoint of light. When every thing seems beyond bleak and grey, coming here and reading your notes has been my life raft.

I am constantly amazed (although by now I should not be) and humbled by your spirit.

With all my love,
Eliza
Eliza
I cant imagine what you are going through right now, but am so honored that you allow us to share your life. God has brought our group together for far bigger purpose than just our love of the Lodge, and I feel so much the better for it. We will remain here for you.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #1885
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

With all my love,
Eliza
Eliza, this poem has helped me many times. I hope it also brings you comfort.

I am standing on the sea shore,
A ship sails in the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
He is an object of beauty and I stand watching him
Till at last he fades on the horizon and someone at my side says:
"He is gone."

Gone! Where?
Gone from my sight that is all.
He is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as he was when I saw him
And just as able to bear his load of living freight to its destination.
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me,
not in him.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
"He is gone",
There are others who are watching him coming, and other voices take up a glad shout:
"There he comes"

May God bless and keep you and your family wrapped in His arms of comfort.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1886
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

To our dear Eliza... Welcome back home

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #1887
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Welcome home, in the truest sense, Eliza.

Many times this week I thought about you and your family, puddled up a bit, said a prayer and repeated whenever you entered my mind.

I'll be off double secret probation soon, so I hope to get in touch with you.

Please consider a trip to our Beloved this December. It would be great to see you and we could all get together.

Thinking of you fondly, hugs, Barb

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #1888
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

With all my love,
Eliza
Holding you and your boys close to my heart

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #1889
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Eliza, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband. My condolences go out to you and your family. Please consider we groupies to be a part of your family.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #1890
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Eliza - Welcome Home! These people (and I consider myself one of them, but yet on the very lowest rung of the ladder - and I am OK with that because I am on the ladder) love you and yours very, very much. We continue to lift up you and yours. I admire your spirit - and, as you point out, the spirit of this group as well. We have ALL been called to a higher calling - to me, that is very clear. So often we get caught up in the here and now - but for those of us that have our anchor firmly set, this life is just a temporary beginning to the rest of eternity. For a moment, imagine that great, great great reunion that your DH experienced when he crossed over that river. Can you even imagine the sound of THAT "Welcome Home". Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

I will tell a little story of my own and then close for now. My own Mother died of a massive heart attack at the ripe old age of 58. I was living 1700 miles away at the time and when she had an attack of angina (sp) two weeks before I listened to the counsel of others and chose (my choice) to not go at that time to see my Mother. Two weeks later I was on an airplane to attend her funeral. I was as mad as could be at God for letting this happen (the truth of the matter, my anger was mis-directed - it was my own choice not to go two weeks earlier). Anyway, my wife and I were on this airplane belonging to an airline on which we had never flown going to a place we had never flown to because we had to pick up a connecting flight due to the sudden need to be flying. In the seat back of the seat in front of me, someone had left a magazine. In that magazine, the author of an article was explaining the quilt story. The one where when we look at the back of a quilt we see a bunch of threads that seem to go nowhere but when we turn the quilt over we see just a beautiful finished product. The author was explaining that the quilt is like God's plan. We see the back side now, but will one day see the front side and have a much better understanding of God's plan. And I just started bawling. How did God know that I was going to be seated in that seat on that airplane on an that airline and going to a destination I would never have chosen to read that article in that issue of that magazine that some beautiful person accidently left on that airplane. You will never convince me that God does not love each and every one of us and does, in fact, tend to the smallest of details.

I am continuing to pray for you and yours, Eliza!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: