Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #136
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan downunder View Post
I havent tried actually putting her in cart yet. Think I will wait till this afternoon our time and see if I can get her with Ursula. The postage for one doll is $65. Very steep, so it pays to get 2 at once. I dont think Queen of Hearts will be gone any time soon.

My jaw dropped when I read $65 to ship one doll! I truly hope that everything works out for you and you get your girls. Here is some pixie dust for you for luck.

My Favorite Princesses
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #137
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess View Post
My jaw dropped when I read $65 to ship one doll! I truly hope that everything works out for you and you get your girls. Here is some pixie dust for you for luck.
Even shipping to Canada is ridiculous. $40 for a $100 order plus duties/taxes when it crosses the border. I love my Urusla so much so happy I unboxed her.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #138
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

Did anyone see the Lady Tremaine Dolls they released yesterday? There were only 1500 and they all sold out!! I didn't even know they were going to release her. I know she wasn't apart of the Villains collection but still....she was really good looking and the same size doll. That was crappy!!!
Tangelders Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #139
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy View Post
Did anyone see the Lady Tremaine Dolls they released yesterday? There were only 1500 and they all sold out!! I didn't even know they were going to release her. I know she wasn't apart of the Villains collection but still....she was really good looking and the same size doll. That was crappy!!!
I wanted to get her, and had no idea when she was going on-sale. I searched the other day, and she was not on TDS.com. I searched today and sold out! I missed her, and now she is going for big bucks on eBay.

See Disney, you should've made Lady Tremaine part of the Disney Designer Villains. I think she would've been a big hit! You can still add her (hint, hint!).

Btw, the doll released yesterday (17") was not the same size as the Disney Designer Villains (11 1/2"). She wouldn't have fit in with the collection...that's why I'm hoping Disney reconsiders and adds her in a designer dress to the Villains collection.
DVCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #140
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I saw her available yesterday online about 4 or 5pm here on the west coast. I wasn't that impressed with her, her dress looked off to me. Although I did think the same thing about the 17" set with Merida and her mother when I saw it online. I saw them displayed at the Disney store this past Monday when I went to buy Ursala and they were gorgeous! Their clothes were very well made. I just could not bring myself to pay 200 dollars for them though lol.

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #141
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess View Post
I saw her available yesterday online about 4 or 5pm here on the west coast. I wasn't that impressed with her, her dress looked off to me. Although I did think the same thing about the 17" set with Merida and her mother when I saw it online. I saw them displayed at the Disney store this past Monday when I went to buy Ursala and they were gorgeous! Their clothes were very well made. I just could not bring myself to pay 200 dollars for them though lol.
I didn't like her as others have said her collar and sleeves collar look too big. Gonna sticj with the Designer Dolls
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #142
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I agree. Her dress isn't proportioned right and nethier is her face lol. She had an exaggerated chin, but it didn't look so round and swollen. Her usual dress was also more tailored, they could have done her better. I know she's larger at 17", but things should still be within ratio.

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #143
Aurorabrir
Aurorabrir

Wow, a lot of conversation on here since I last logged on. Welcome to new people, I'm pretty new, too.

To be honest, I love the craze of the dolls and found myself buying Ursula anyway last week, even though I hadn't planned to. I enjoy the chase, getting there at the store. I bought it for my sister, then decided to take her back that evening to get me one (they had a few left).

I honestly don't think they'll sell out anytime soon, but if they do, Ebay prices are at cost or near to it. As far as princesses go, I actually found a Jasmine on Amazon for $99 and bought a Rapunzel for even less from a Disney fan on facebook.

Any ideas what NEXT YEAR's dolls will be? I see people calling for princes, but I can't really get into that. Glen, I do see why you don't like Aurora, but there's something really beautiful and artistic about Sleeping Beauty. It's a simple, lovely movie, albeit very traditional. Her slim figure and deep voice make her my favorite to listen to (Snow White makes my skin crawl with her creepy little girl voice).

I admit that the Queen of Hearts is my favorite of the villain dolls. She is so creatively done, although her eyes look very sleepy.

Best of luck on Monday to all who are buying Gothel. As a mom, I find her to be HILARIOUS! Her passive aggression cracks me up. and the doll features her lovely dress.
Aurorabrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #144
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorabrir View Post
Wow, a lot of conversation on here since I last logged on. Welcome to new people, I'm pretty new, too.

To be honest, I love the craze of the dolls and found myself buying Ursula anyway last week, even though I hadn't planned to. I enjoy the chase, getting there at the store. I bought it for my sister, then decided to take her back that evening to get me one (they had a few left).

I honestly don't think they'll sell out anytime soon, but if they do, Ebay prices are at cost or near to it. As far as princesses go, I actually found a Jasmine on Amazon for $99 and bought a Rapunzel for even less from a Disney fan on facebook.

Any ideas what NEXT YEAR's dolls will be? I see people calling for princes, but I can't really get into that. Glen, I do see why you don't like Aurora, but there's something really beautiful and artistic about Sleeping Beauty. It's a simple, lovely movie, albeit very traditional. Her slim figure and deep voice make her my favorite to listen to (Snow White makes my skin crawl with her creepy little girl voice).

I admit that the Queen of Hearts is my favorite of the villain dolls. She is so creatively done, although her eyes look very sleepy.

Best of luck on Monday to all who are buying Gothel. As a mom, I find her to be HILARIOUS! Her passive aggression cracks me up. and the doll features her lovely dress.
I was thinking the princes too, but there would only be maybe three I'd get. The Beast, Naveen, and Aladdin. I think it would be neat if they did the guy Villains I'd love to have a Dr. Facilier, Jafar, and Hook. The men could have make overs to just doesn't have to be the ladies all the time lol.

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #145
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorabrir View Post

There's no doubt that Sleeping Beauty is one of the most beautiful Disney movies I totally agree. I love it, just find Aurora incredibly boring she's barely in her own movie.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #146
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I found a beautiful Cosplay of Ursual.

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #147
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

That is truly amazing!!! Thanks for sharing, PrincessMarincess!
DVCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #148
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I'm glad you like them! I'm off to try and get Mother Gothel in store today, wish me luck!

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #149
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

The store I was at yesterday released Gothel though it was Canadian Thanksgiving and the other malls were closed. They didn't sell out and had LOTS leftover. The CM practically begged me to buy her but I looked at her and said "No thanks, I'll wait for Cruella."
Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #150
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Gothel sold out at my Disney Store and everyone who wanted her got her. There was a woman there with her 2 adult kids to better her chances and when her name was called and 2 people didnt have there names called she told them they could have her kids dolls. I thought that was nice.

I am most excited for cruella, she is so wicked looking in a good way lol. You hate her, but you have to love her.

My Favorite Princesses

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: