Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
PepsiRoni
Earning My Ears

Differences beetween Pop & POFQ

I am in the early stages of planning a trip for mid August 2013. Last time we went we stayed at POFQ and really liked it especially the smaller size. If we stayed at a POP preferred room would it put us as close to the main building, bus stop, and main pool?

Also how do the buses compare when POFQ isn't sharing with POR?

Also, from what I can see the differences are:

1. The size of the room
2. No water slide at the pool
3. the lines for the bus stop aren't covered
4. their are no seats at the bus stop
5. no boat to downtown Disney
6. the size of the resort

Is there anything I am missing?

Also, how busy actually is the POP food Court? Does it matter the time of the day?

When we stayed at POFQ we spent all day at the parks and usually went to the food court early in the morning. The only day we went around 8:30 9 am i thought the food court was a zoo is Pop always that bad?
PepsiRoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Food courts will always be busier in the values because people staying there most likely are budgeting and don't book things like CRT and Character Breakfasts.

During free dining, they will also be busy, because they will most likely use their counter service for breakfast and save their table service meal for dining at the restaurants.

So I would say it will definately be busy in the mornings.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
MinnieMSue
Earning My Ears

POFQ has queen sized beds and POP has full sized beds.
MinnieMSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Pop is busy, POFQ is peaceful and relaxing. I feel like when you get back to pop at night, you are still in the middle of the action. At POFQ, it's like you are escaping the chaos of the parks and can recharge a bit. It's nice.

The boat to DTD is priceless to me. We spend a lot of time there and not having to take a bus is fantastic!

Overall, I just like the atmosphere. It's very soothing. I love the parks but at the end of the day, I'm over it. I want quiet. I want relaxing. I just don't see Pop as either of those things.

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Disney Lifer
Earning My Ears

bus stop coverings

considering you are going mid august you can't discount the bus stop coverings. we've stayed at both resorts in august and days start off much better at POFQ. most days at POP started with everyone irritable and sweating from long lines in scorching heat, and that was early in the mornings.

the other thing relating to bus stops to is at POP there is only 1 bus stop, at POFQ depending on where in the resort you are there are bus stops a shorter walk to your room. Not as important in the mornings but if it's a late night with tired kids it's helpful.

POP's food court will be a zoo as well.

Overall both resorts have great qualities. The room size for my family of 5 has lead me stop staying at POP and go to POR. But when you consider price it will be hard to not pick POP.
Disney Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
karly05
DIS Veteran

Actually, POFQ has only one bus stop. POR ("next door") has multiple bus stops (and sometimes POFQ and POR share buses).
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

POFQ is peaceful and relaxing. Pop is in-your-face giant cartoon icons. POFQ rooms have queen beds, a coffee maker, 2 sinks, and ceiling fan, Pop doesn't.

If you think POFQ's food court is a zoo, you'll find Pop's is a jungle. At least in a zoo the animals are contained.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
mrcarder
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POFQ last fall and plan first time to POP next month. POFQ is very nice, love the boats to DTD,the buses were above par compared to our other stays (never shared with POR), and everything is a close walk. Some other pluses - room has ceiling fan (we bring fan for value, so this is a plus for us to keep room comfortable), the food court has some good unique food (poboys, etc). Not much, but some negs - there was a lot more smoking in the courtyards outside des areas (and hard to avoid with walk); if there is 'bad' rain or worse the DTD boats don't run (not unique to POFQ, but you may have to plan around this and check forecasts), the foodcourt is small and has fewer grab items to pick from. They also didn't heat the pool on cold nights (it was Oct, they said they only heated pools after some date later - disappointing after we had 1 night at CSR where they did heat) - shouldn't be issue for you in Aug.
mrcarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: