Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Not Excited At All

I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Last edited by GOOFY4DONALD; 10-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.
GOOFY4DONALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
debbiedana
DIS Veteran

Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!
debbiedana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Say the word and I'll go in your place!
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.
It has been changed
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.
Good luck.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP that some times there is just overload. I always get to the point in planning that the magic is overshadowed by the reality of what we are spending. Then we actually head out and have a great trip. And start the whole cycle over again.... Lol
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
CajunMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Don't sweat it. You are in a different place and sometimes we don't have the spare adrenalin for manic planning or excitement. My suggestion would be to just do the tasks as needed and know that in the end you will probably have a delightful trip. I loved the cp. we saw Gary sinese and it was wonderful.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedana View Post
Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!
Ditto this. No DIS, no reading guidebooks, no planning, nothing for one week. It'll work wonders.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
katieandrob
Earning My Ears

Am I the only one thinking that maybe it's not the right time to go. I would think about putting the money in a vacation account and rescheduling to a different time. I sometimes feel if a trip doesn't come together easily it just isn't meant to be.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
~After this trip, maybe you should take a break for a couple of years, and you will also be able to budget more money. Just try to relax, it sounds like you've planned a fabulous vacation! It's just that your priorities have changed since you've accepted more responsibility. Have fun!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
GOOFY4DONALD

We are planning on doing other things next year. We had an unfortunate accident with our fur baby that wiped out our WDW fund. We leave in 52 days and we already have the flights and everything set.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
GOOFY4DONALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.
We are doing many different things that we have never done before. HDDR, Festival of the Lion King, Candlelight Processional, MVMCP. I'm pretty sure this is just a funk.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

I'm so sorry about your pet issue. :/ they are sad, scary and expensive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: